Decks

Mikkelsen in Prince George
Mikkelsen in Prince George
1 review Prince George, BC

Railings and flooring

I was recommended Maritime West Construction (Rob) by TimberTown. I'm so glad they did. The job I needed was done on time and at the agreed upon price. Better than all that my floors and railings look amazing. It is so great to see people care about a job well done. Yup, I'd recommend Rob and his people easily.

It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for the breakfast Ron, it was awesome. Looking forward to helping next year for your next project.

Doug
Doug

Fantastic job!

We had a thirty year old elaborate deck with huge timbers for an elaborate pergola. Demolition of the old deck and pergola was complicated enough in terms of how deeply integrated it was with the side of the house, and building a new deck to look good given all the old connection points was artistry. Rob (the owner) was onsite almost all of the time leading and participating in all of the work. Rob and his crew are all super friendly and they take great pride in their work. I definitely recommend Maritime.

Thank you Doug for all your support and kind words. I hope you get to enjoy your new outdoor space soon.

Home o.
Home o.

Master bath remodel for seniors

We have a house that was built in 1976, we move in when it was new. The master bathroom was original to the place. It was still working but things were worn out. Rob replaced it with all new components that I purchased as we want a shower designed for handy cap people. In all he gutted the bathroom including the ceiling then replace the rotten floor, installed all new fixtures including a very large handy cap shower (3 by 5 feet) with grab bars and easy access, toilet, vanity and tiles floor.It is all done and looks great. Rob set a price and stuck to even when I had problems with items that arrived damage. Rob even let me help but not sure how much help I was. I would highly recommend him for any specialty bathroom especially for senior as we did not get charged extra and he put up with our changes without charging extra.

It's been a pleasure working with you! Thank you for all the support and kind words.

Ardell J. Clark-Tronnes in Calgary
Ardell J. Clark-Tronnes in Calgary

Fence and Gate Construction

When our fence blew down in the July 2018 storm, my Insurance Company suggested I use their Fence Contractor. Rob viewed the damaged fence, made helpful suggestions for replacement, especially the gate, and started the work as soon as possible. I was so pleased with the professional advice and work completed. The fence certainly enhances our yard. Thanks so much Rob and crew. Might I add that they all have super fun personalities and it was such a pleasure to have them build the fence. They hauled away the old fence and left the property absolutely clean and free of debris. I am super pleased.

Thank you for the kind words and the support. It was a pleasure working with you.

L&R in Calgary
L&R in Calgary

Fence

Many construction company representatives have the "gift of the gab" and do not follow through with promises but we were impressed with the knowledge and craftsmanship of the team from Maritime West Construction Inc. We would recommend Rob and his team and plan to use this company for future projects. Lorinda and Rich

Lorinda and Rich,
Thank you for the kind words and support. I look forward to working together again in the future.

Laura in Okotoks
Laura in Okotoks
1 review Okotoks, AB

Deck Resurfacing and construction

We contacted Maritime West Construction to resurface our existing deck with composite material. The Estimator (Blythe) met with us as scheduled, at our home to review the job, take measurements and provide us with a written quote. We found their pricing competitive and read many positive online reviews about the company. We decided that we wanted to move forward. However, Blyth informed us that the time line was about 3-4 weeks, which was longer than we would have liked. Robert, the owner contacted us directly and moved up the timeline for us. We really appreciated that he did that to accommodate us.
Robert and crew showed up on time as scheduled to begin work on our deck. He was very professional, personable and knowledgeable. You could see from the start that he took great pride in his work. The attention to detail was superb! Both my husband and I are extremely happy with the end result. In addition to our deck, Robert helped us install privacy panels that we had previously purchased. He did so out of his own time, above and beyond the work that he was contracted to do. You don’t find a lot of contractors that will do that. He really cared about making us happy.
Overall, we could not be happier with how everything turned out. We definitely made the right choice in choosing Maritime Construction and would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to others. In fact we plan to contact them again next year for another project. Thank you Robert for all your hard work!

David & Laura

Laura thank you so much for the review. I look forward to working with you again soon!

Jan in Calgary
Jan in Calgary

Backyard Deck Replacement

Project: Deck replacement and expansion, approx 250 sqft.

They were the most competitively priced and workmanship quality is evident. Robert and his crew were very helpful: helped me carry off my grill before and after the deck was completed; answered all my questions. Experienced staff.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you Jan for all the support. I hope you get to enjoy your outdoor living space with the last few days of summer.

gomi
gomi

Back Deck Replacement

Robert and his crew is very professional and friendly. Completely replaced back deck for a better bigger deck. Mentioned what we want and he made some very good suggestions (he has a lot of good ideas), finalized the design and gave a price. He handled every part of the project (call before dig, drawings to city). All crews showed up as scheduled & finished it on time. While building his crew was updating us on whats going on and what we thought. When all is done cleaned up work area nicely (didn't find a single nail on the grass!).

Thank you Gomi. I hope you guys get some time to enjoy your new deck this summer! It was a pleasure.

Joe in Calgary
Joe in Calgary

Amazing experience for a full home renovation

First of all, please accept my apologies for that much late to write my testimony regarding your amazing services. Here it is below, have a look at it and let me know if you like it and I will be so pleased to post it on your website and also homestars:

This is overdue testimony about the amazing services of Rob. The story started that we hired a different general contractor to renovate our full home (hardwood flooring, painting & kitchen renovation). The previous contractor did nothing but causing damages to our home and put tons of stress on me & my wife for more than 5 weeks. Then our super hero Rob came to the picture to save the day. We fired the previous contractor and hired Rob after hearing nothing but good things about Rob. Just because our previous terrible experience we did not have any trust of any general contractor and Rob was smart enough to notice that and I remember very well that he said to me: “I will not just fix your home but I will change your idea about the general contractors”... and he certainly did from first moment until the end. It was a wonderful experience to deal with Rob and his crew. He brought back our smiles to our faces for me & my wife from day one and he created a very pleasant atmosphere. Rob completed everything from A to Z in only 8 working days. He was beyond professional, honest, super fast, very caring and extremely friendly. Rob felt our pain regarding the previous contractor and he turned around this experience from a horrible into an amazing experience.
We highly recommend Rob and his crew for anyone would like to get a well done job and “first time right” and in very timely manner and also reasonable prices.
Thank you our super hero “Rob the builder”

Joe, thank you for this review. It was such a pleasure working with you.

More about Maritime West Construction

Maritime West Construction is a leader in custom deck design and construction in Calgary, Alberta. With over 20 years experience we strive to make each customers experience stress free and on budget.

Have a look at our Star Score from HomeStars.com below. Our customers like us!Maritime West Construction Rating on HomeStars.com

Platinum Certified TrexPro Builder
Trex Decking Certified Contractor

We partner with Trex – an industry leader in inventing, defining, and perfecting composite deck materials. We are a Platinum Certified installer with Trex – the only contractor in Alberta with this certification. A TrexPro® deck builder has a contractor’s license and carried general liability insurance as required where they conducts business. Additionally, TrexPro® Deck Builders complete installation and product training on all Trex products and successfully meet requirements to obtain the TrexPro® designation.

TrexPro® Platinum is the highest level of recognition available for an independent contractor. TrexPro® Platinum deck builders are the leading TrexPros in their markets, with demonstrated ability and expertise to design and build outdoor living projects with Trex, ranging from the simple to the most complex.