HomeStars  >  Decks in Calgary  >  Maritime West Construction

Laura in Okotoks
Laura in Okotoks
1 review Okotoks, AB

Deck Resurfacing and construction

We contacted Maritime West Construction to resurface our existing deck with composite material. The Estimator (Blythe) met with us as scheduled, at our home to review the job, take measurements and provide us with a written quote. We found their pricing competitive and read many positive online reviews about the company. We decided that we wanted to move forward. However, Blyth informed us that the time line was about 3-4 weeks, which was longer than we would have liked. Robert, the owner contacted us directly and moved up the timeline for us. We really appreciated that he did that to accommodate us.
Robert and crew showed up on time as scheduled to begin work on our deck. He was very professional, personable and knowledgeable. You could see from the start that he took great pride in his work. The attention to detail was superb! Both my husband and I are extremely happy with the end result. In addition to our deck, Robert helped us install privacy panels that we had previously purchased. He did so out of his own time, above and beyond the work that he was contracted to do. You don’t find a lot of contractors that will do that. He really cared about making us happy.
Overall, we could not be happier with how everything turned out. We definitely made the right choice in choosing Maritime Construction and would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to others. In fact we plan to contact them again next year for another project. Thank you Robert for all your hard work!

David & Laura

Laura thank you so much for the review. I look forward to working with you again soon!

Jan in Calgary
Jan in Calgary

Backyard Deck Replacement

Project: Deck replacement and expansion, approx 250 sqft.

They were the most competitively priced and workmanship quality is evident. Robert and his crew were very helpful: helped me carry off my grill before and after the deck was completed; answered all my questions. Experienced staff.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you Jan for all the support. I hope you get to enjoy your outdoor living space with the last few days of summer.

gomi
gomi

Back Deck Replacement

Robert and his crew is very professional and friendly. Completely replaced back deck for a better bigger deck. Mentioned what we want and he made some very good suggestions (he has a lot of good ideas), finalized the design and gave a price. He handled every part of the project (call before dig, drawings to city). All crews showed up as scheduled & finished it on time. While building his crew was updating us on whats going on and what we thought. When all is done cleaned up work area nicely (didn't find a single nail on the grass!).

Thank you Gomi. I hope you guys get some time to enjoy your new deck this summer! It was a pleasure.

Joe in Calgary
Joe in Calgary

Amazing experience for a full home renovation

First of all, please accept my apologies for that much late to write my testimony regarding your amazing services. Here it is below, have a look at it and let me know if you like it and I will be so pleased to post it on your website and also homestars:

This is overdue testimony about the amazing services of Rob. The story started that we hired a different general contractor to renovate our full home (hardwood flooring, painting & kitchen renovation). The previous contractor did nothing but causing damages to our home and put tons of stress on me & my wife for more than 5 weeks. Then our super hero Rob came to the picture to save the day. We fired the previous contractor and hired Rob after hearing nothing but good things about Rob. Just because our previous terrible experience we did not have any trust of any general contractor and Rob was smart enough to notice that and I remember very well that he said to me: “I will not just fix your home but I will change your idea about the general contractors”... and he certainly did from first moment until the end. It was a wonderful experience to deal with Rob and his crew. He brought back our smiles to our faces for me & my wife from day one and he created a very pleasant atmosphere. Rob completed everything from A to Z in only 8 working days. He was beyond professional, honest, super fast, very caring and extremely friendly. Rob felt our pain regarding the previous contractor and he turned around this experience from a horrible into an amazing experience.
We highly recommend Rob and his crew for anyone would like to get a well done job and “first time right” and in very timely manner and also reasonable prices.
Thank you our super hero “Rob the builder”

Joe, thank you for this review. It was such a pleasure working with you.

Home o.
Home o.

House repairs

More than a deck building company.

We have had Maritime West Construction (Robert) replace an existing deck (2015) including adding natural gas for a BBQ and fire table, gut our kitchen (2016), replace flooring with tiles and laminate (2017) and now gut our master bathroom (2018), replace all the fixtures and tiling the floor. Some items required permits and Robert got them when required and the city inspectors have approved the work and did not require a return visit to further inspect things. The quality of the work was good. Before Robert started things he went over in detail what he was going to do and the materials he was going to use. When things needed changing due to structural requirements (Floor was rotten under the toilet) he did not charge more.

We are now thinking of building our basement and if we do we will get Robert to do it.

We are retired seniors and with all the horror stores one sees I was concerned about bad work and extra costs. You do not need to worry with Robert.

Thank you. It has certainly been a pleasure working together.

Sherri and Stuart in Calgary
Sherri and Stuart in Calgary

Deck Renovation

We were given Maritime West Construction's business card from The Deck Store when we went to determine what materials we wanted after meeting with a custom home builder who was "a great deck builder" who was referred to us. Unfortunately we went with the friend's referral only to realize after the work was partially completed that the "custom home builder" was terrible. We called Robert at Maritime West and he came that night to evaluate. Robert is one in a million. Robert and his team truly care about the work that they do. Robert is very professional, treats his team and his clients with the utmost respect and really knows what he is doing. We have no hesitation in saying that Robert went above and beyond and was always a pleasure to deal with. We are extremely happy with the work Robert and his team did, Our deck is beautiful and has quality workmanship! We highly recommend Robert and his team! Robert, thank you so much, the very bad experience we had our first contractor made us lose faith but you not only restored our faith but you made us truly believe there are still good guys out there! We definitely highly recommend Maritime West Construction and will be calling Robert for any home renovations we want to do in the future!

Thank you Sherri and Stuart for you kind remarks. I'm glad everything worked out. Your deck looks great!

Bill  from Calgary
Bill from Calgary

Deck replacement

We got a call from Rob after we visited Home Depot. He supplied us with an estimate and we hired him to do the work. He was timely, very personable and easy to deal with. He and his crew did a wonderful job in replacing an aging deck. I would hire him again with absolutely no regrets. They were very respectful of my property and cleaned up promptly during and after the work was complete.

Thank you Bill for the lovely review. It was an absolute pleasure working with you. I hope you get lots of enjoyment with your new outdoor living space. Rob

Garrison in
Garrison in

Second Story Deck

We contracted Maritime West Construction to build a new second story deck for us for our house in Garrison Woods. They were very fast, efficient and flexible in the process and we are extremely happy with the result. Rob and his crew worked extremely hard to meet the deadline and rectify any issues that came up along the way with subcontractors etc. We will definitely use Maritime West Construction for future home renovation projects.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope your enjoying your beautiful new outdoor living space.

Private User reviews Okotoks, AB

Cantilevered backyard deck

After 17 years,my old deck was rotting out and needed replacement. Robert and his crew met my project needs with a competitive price, speedy build time, and in order to finish a new deck at the seasonal time requested. Courteous, polite and everyone of their suggestions for finishing off the deck made the project well worth the time,price,and effort.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope your enjoying your new outdoor space.

More about Maritime West Construction

Maritime West Construction is a leader in custom deck design and construction in Calgary, Alberta. With over 20 years experience we strive to make each customers experience stress free and on budget.

Have a look at our Star Score from HomeStars.com below. Our customers like us!Maritime West Construction Rating on HomeStars.com

Platinum Certified TrexPro Builder
Trex Decking Certified Contractor

We partner with Trex – an industry leader in inventing, defining, and perfecting composite deck materials. We are a Platinum Certified installer with Trex – the only contractor in Alberta with this certification. A TrexPro® deck builder has a contractor’s license and carried general liability insurance as required where they conducts business. Additionally, TrexPro® Deck Builders complete installation and product training on all Trex products and successfully meet requirements to obtain the TrexPro® designation.

TrexPro® Platinum is the highest level of recognition available for an independent contractor. TrexPro® Platinum deck builders are the leading TrexPros in their markets, with demonstrated ability and expertise to design and build outdoor living projects with Trex, ranging from the simple to the most complex.