Eastview Homes Inc.

Basement Renovation
Oakville ON L6J 7W4
HomeStars  >  Basement Renovation in Oakville  >  Eastview Homes Inc.
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Eastview Homes Inc.

Nickwootton in Oakville

asked for a basic basement reno, raise the ceiling, add some dry wall around a fireplace and closet. Quoted $7500 ended up being more than 10k. First impression very professional. The job calendar was meant to be a couple weeks ended up being more than a month. Since the completion the taping around the dry wall is bubbling and splitting, not even 2 weeks since they finished. Holes for the pot lights cut too large which is visible to the eye. Very amateur job in the end. If you didn't want the job or put 100% into it than why take it? Messaged him with pictures of my concerns and nothing in return. Taken my money and ran. Quite upsetting.

Hello Nick
We are surprised with your review, as we do work towards pleasing our customers.

After the mudding process I asked if there were any items you deemed unsatisfactory? You shared a few areas. without hesitation I rescheduled the boys to address these plus anything they see.
Once completed, I walked the basement with you asking if everything was ok?
you were reserved, but shared no deficiencies. I remarked, the closet could use a little mud in the corner and sent matt back to adjust.
You then released final payment - I said thank you and call me if there's anything else.

Now returning from a vacation, I read this email.
Where I received a text 2 days prior to this review. No phone call, no emails we received by you.

I recognize your frustration. I can share drywall mud does dry - after a change in humidity level. If I recall, you had a new 36" gas fireplace installed in the same room - is it possible the heat from the fireplace dried the mud causing a crack?

Regarding the increase in cost Nick, if you recall it was in result to the gas technician relocating the existing gas lines which were below the floor joist and not included in our scope of work.

Either way Nick, I do apologize for any frustration we may have caused you.
If you'd like to talk further - give me a call 905.334.0445

Thank you for your comments. I will use them to improve our business practices.

Eastview Homes

Cindy

Rerouting laundry into the basement to expand mudroom in the garage entry. Keith's team is stellar, everyone was very friendly and professional. They made me feel very comfortable throughout the process. Matt was the main person onsite and he was a very pleasant, well mannered and most importantly, very thorough with the job. The quality of the work was top notch and we are very satisfied with the results. In addition, Keith was very organized with scheduling and kept me updated on what to expect next. It was a great experience!

Job Price

thank you and it our pleasure.
I'm glad we were able to get the cabinets installed earlier than scheduled.
your new functional laundry and mudroom should serve your family for years to come.

let me know if you need anything else.

edwin.vanderwolf

Remove and replaced an existing Faux Window on the exterior of our house, and painted the trim on the front of the house to match. workmanship was professional and satisfactory.

Review has 1 previous version
Job Price

thank you Edwin. we enjoyed working for you.

KSR

Job well done, finished when they said they would be, always came when they said they would, all the trades people were friendly and professional, explained and answered questions, very happy with results

Job Price

we are so pleased you are happy with the end design / bathroom.
you did well selecting the tiles and colours.

enjoy

Alex

I highly recommend Eastview Homes. We renovated our main floor. The scope included new floor plan design, kitchen design, new fireplace install and design, flooring, the list goes on. Keith is very easy to work with and is in constant contact throughout the process. The Eastview team is reliable, professional, and have great attention to detail. I felt very involved throughout the whole process and was confident in Keith's ability to get the job done.

Good Morning Alex
It was our pleasure to complete your main floor renovation. Your design choices provide a wonderful end product.
Consider adding a picture or two with your review detailing the modern colours and finishes.

Graham K.
1 review Milton, ON

Keith and his team finished our basement in a very organized and professional matter. Highly skilled contracting group with great communication to the home owner.

Job Price

thanks graham. although simple basements benefit from a solid plan / design and the rest just follows. you basement should serve you well for years to come.

keith

Lisa in Oakville
1 review Simcoe County, ON

My full home renovation was completed in October 2016 and I was extremely pleased with the timeliness, workmanship and professionalism of Eastview homes.
Last week (mid Dec 2016) I noticed a leak in my basement and contacted Keith immediately. Keith was at my house the next day and couldn't solve the problem immediately so even returned and spent a number of hours on the weekend to resolve the issue. The issue was resolved in under a week to my satisfaction.
I was thoroughly impressed with his attention to this matter although he had completed the work on my house months ago and had other projects on the go. He made me feel like a priority and went above and beyond to resolve my issue:

Job Price

I was glad we were successful locating the water line leak. seems the ensuite shower supply line crimp joint had a small in pin hole in it.
with the plumbers help the connection was replaced, tested and confirmed - all clear to close the wall. with sheet rock 20 and 90 we were able to complete the repair before any guest arrive for the holidays.

glad we could help.
keith
eastview homes

Lisa P.

Keith was very professional and managed all aspects of the job effectively. The sub-contractors he brought on site were all excellent and I was pleased with their work. Keith strives for perfection in all the work performed and ensured that everything was at a high standard. He also provided good suggestions and worked within my budget. He was also accessible to me and I felt like my job was his priority. I would recommend Keith without hesitation and am so happy with my new home!

Job Price

thank you Lisa. you were very easy to work with. you knew what you wanted yet open to suggestions allowing us to move forwards without delay. you have a lovely home.

jhaworth1

Keith and his crew were extremely professional from start to finish. Matt made sure all trades that were needed cleaned up every day, They started early and worked as late as needed.
All work was completed on schedule, could not be happier with how everything was done and looked. Highly recommended!!

Job Price

thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you are pleased with everything.

Eastview has recommended to us by a realtor. Keith came to the house to discuss the project and ideas we had.

After about 20 mins we found ourselves comfortable with his views and vast experience.

Project had some structural issues – keith called in his engineer and we were back on track with minor changes to the scope.

Each of the trades and employees for Eastview were professional in their fields of work and a pleasure to have enter our home.

Thank you for a great end kitchen and main floor – we love it!

thank you Rebecca.
it was our pleasure

More about Eastview Homes Inc.

complete home renovations
thinking of an addition, remodeling you kitchen / bathrooms, finishing your basement, removing load bearing walls for improved floor plan, changing the exterior finishes of your house, replacing windows / doors -
eastview homes can take care of it all.

eastview homes your #1 home renovation expert.

www.eastviewhomes.ca