Laidy Renovation Ltd

7575 Kennedy Road Markham ON L3R 0L8
HomeStars  >  Waterproofing in Markham  >  Laidy Renovation Ltd

Reviews for Laidy Renovation Ltd

Stephen in Scarborough

after the repair done that was only last one year i try to get him back to re-repair but he refuse to his guarantee very bad business
practice i was very upset and disappoint

renolo

Saw Laidy Reno's truck parked at the corner of my street just as we discovered the leak in our basement. Walked over and got Mr. Wong (supervisor/owner) to come over and give me a quote right on the spot (waterproofing for all three sides of my semi, including installation of weeping tiles) He started the project the next week and took about 10 days to complete. The crew (between 2-8 people depending on the day) was fast, clean and Mr. Wong came to check every couple of days and kept me up to date on progress. They even lifted a couple of concrete slabs in the front of my house of the water would flow away vs flowing towards the house at no extra costs. My neighbor also hired them to waterproof one side of their house, and he was also quite satisfied with the job done. It's been almost two years since the job and my basement is still dry. Would definitely recommend Laidy.

Had the work for a house quoted at a specific price and footage. I needed to make a small change on the footage, so that I can remain within budget. Unfortunately, I was told I needed a minimum footage or else the price will be different. So I settled at the higher footage and price. When the workers came, they were prompt and did decent job. But as my title says, you pay cheap, you get B+ quality. Will have to see next year if my mold and water leakage issues are resolved.

Derek from Welland
1 review Welland, ON

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

Originally quoted us for a price of $3500, after the job, the owner/supervisor called us to haggle another $1000 from us claiming that they 'did a lot more extra work'.
Unprofessional workers threw their cigarette butts into the foundation of my house (who knows whatever kind of garbage went in there as well when I was not home while they were covering it up), untimely (show up whenever they feel like it).
Worked for 3 days, pouring rain on the 3rd day, TOLD US they will complete the job that day regardless of the rain because they have ANOTHER JOB to go to, obviously rushing and just filling up the dug up areas with dirt(I have no idea if they even did their job properly). We inspected after they left, cracks and gaps EVERYWHERE on the visible parts of the foundation (God knows how many are in the covered parts) , ZERO cleanup done, DIRT was left to cover the dig sites (drainage from eastrough flows DIRECTLY INTO MY FOUNDATION which they buried into the ground). Evidently we were very unsatisfied with the job, we called them multiple times and did not receive ANY acknowledgment whatsoever. The owner/supervisor shows up 2 WEEKS later intent on collecting the fee, but realized how unhappy we were with their atrocious job, proceeded to tell us they were 'not finished yet'. Sends one guy to come cover up the gaps and holes on the visible parts of the foundation.
We paid the owner/supervisor the original monetary sum of $3500, which he personally signed off on our receipt. HE CALLS the NEXT DAY to haggle us saying he needs to charge us an EXTRA $1000 because of 'all their extra work'.

At this point in time I am forced to hire another company to re-do the ENTIRE project. Definitely filing a complaint with consumers committee, contemplating legal options with lawyers as well.

Please save yourselves from unnecessary headaches and wasting monetary resources in exchange for poor service and horrible workmanship; WILL NOT recommend them to ANYONE!

EF from Toronto
2 reviews North York, ON

Work completed in July 2014. Insured, Chinese company w/10 yrs warranty.Supervisor/Co-owner provides free estimates on paper w/one visit. Good follow-up to calls w/in 24 hrs to answer questions. Fair price and negotiable. Staff are punctual. Clean-up needs improvement. Work seems to be done properly but will see how it goes this winter season.