4949 Bathurst Street, Unit 219 Toronto ON M2R 1Y1

Tzvi Taub in Richmond hill
Tzvi Taub in Richmond hill
11 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

A masterful interlock design

Robert Valente of Valente studio provided us with a beautiful, effective design that adds much to the house; it maximizes the functionality of the various spaces and ties everything together. See pictures below. His price was very reasonable.
Looking backward we recognize that his service is truly a must to any intelligent home/business owner who considers interlock work. Since it separates conflicting interests of design:
• For the independent designer - Beautiful flowing design, that will provide beneficial use, take advantage of the property features and affect the value of your home.
• For the contractor - to cut the fewest stones, to have the simplest designs and layouts so it takes no time to calculate, measure or plan. This maximizes their profits. Also, they typically do not like to plan much, calculate, or measure exactly (otherwise they will be in a different work area), some cannot.

Interlock work has low barrier to entry, and artistic conception, style and design are not typically of areas of study and/or interest to interlock contractors.
We found dealing with Robert a pleasure, he is personable and affable. His outstanding design is a source of many compliments from visitors, neighbors, passersby and just last Thursday our mail man caught me outside: “this is an incredible Job you have done with the interlock, you know I see them all”.
Thanks Robert.

Tzvi Taub
Richmond Hill
August 20, 2018

Hi Tzvi, thanks for sharing about your experience with us and glad that you were happy with the work Valente CAD Studio performed and the thoroughness of our design. Curb appeal is the attractiveness of a home's exterior, and your home exterior now will demonstrate a pride of your ownership, inspire curiosity and draw-passer by to look in further. Not only can your new front interlocking walkway add value to your home, it can even encourage friendly relationships with your neighbours. I am happy that the design came out great and the pictures look just amazing. If we can be of any help in the future, please keep us in mind. Thanks again for your business, it is greatly appreciated. All the best, Robert.

l_purre from Toronto
l_purre from Toronto

Main floor and kitchen project design - excellent

4949 Bathurst Street, Unit 219
Toronto
M2R 1Y1

Work on our main floor and kitchen is still underway, but we could not have gotten this far without Valente CAD Studio. He made the design & Toronto permit process easy for us. We already had an idea of what we wanted, but Robert also offered great advice especially with our kitchen, of which he has a lot of experience with kitchen design. Working with him perfectly met our needs of a straightforward and affordable design and permit process. Now if we ever get the money together to redo our basement, I would look forward to working with him again!

Hi Lisette, thanks for sharing about your experience with us and I am glad that you were happy with the kitchen design. Bringing the kitchen, dining area and living space altogether into one big room will make your home feel much bigger and lighter, giving you much more space in the downstairs area. Also it is easier to watch your kids in the open space. Not to mention that having an open kitchen it is nice when you have dinner guests but don’t want to spend the entire evening away from them to prepare your gourmet meal. I am very happy that the permit was issued right away with no issues and hope you will have your dinner with guests very soon. Hope to serve you again in the near future. All the best, Robert.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

second suite drawings

Highly recommended 5 star. Robert was very professional and easy to talk with. Drawing was on time, excellent work. Will definitely use in the future. Got my building permit after only several weeks.

Thank you L. for the kind words and for choosing once again Valente CAD Studio as your design and engineering firm, your business is greatly appreciated. I am happy that once the basement is renovated, finally you can create the second suite that will add significant value to your home though rental income. Hope to serve you again in the near future. All the best, Robert.

homestars66 in North York
homestars66 in North York

laneway garage design

Roberto was responsive, professional and extremely knowledgeable. His confidence and keen attention to detail reassured me that our permit would be granted without any problem - and that is what happened. He was very familiar with bylaws pertaining to our project. There were delays on our side and Robert was always available to respond to my inquiries promptly, even when we hadn't spoken in weeks. He is self motivated and does not need reminders to get the work done. I would hire him again for future projects and would recommend his services to anyone. I'm glad I chose Valente Studios based on the other reviews here on Homestars.

Thank you Jenn for choosing Valente CAD Studio as a designer firm to provide you with complete zoning analysis, architectural and structural design for your new detached garage. I am glad that we got you the permit fast and completed the project successfully. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Marija from Toronto
Marija from Toronto

Deck drawings

I was introduced to Robert by my deck builder. At the time I was already working with another structural designer, but that relationship quickly went south when he became insistent that my builder's construction approach would not meet code and I would therefore not get my permit. So I had to test that contention because my builder insisted that this guy was wrong. And that's where Robert came in. He did new drawings for me, incorporating mine and my builder's wishes, and ensured that more modern construction technology was used all while meeting code. As expected, the city's permit department agreed.

Looking back, when I compare the quality of work and the client service model of my previous guy's versus Robert's, I can honestly say the difference was night and day. I rarely spoke to the first guy and what he produced were a few sketches that now seemed slapped together, outdated, and had scant details.

Robert, on the other hand, is a consummate professional. I was amazed at the level of detail, thoroughness, and thought he put into his work. And he was such a pleasure to work with! It was quite clear to me that he took great pride in his work, which gave me huge comfort. When he puts the Valente stamp on his drawings, you can be assured that they are completed to the highest standards of excellence.

I know this is very high praise, and I don't give it lightly. Robert is truly deserving of it. I'm thankful to my deck builder for the introduction, and I'm very thankful to Robert for saving my project! Muchas gracias Roberto!!

Hi Marija, thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review. I appreciate your comments so much as not every client sees all the time and dedication we put on each project. We make sure that every detailed is considered and the drawings are produced not only to get the building permit but also to have all the information that the builder required. I have seen that a lot of drafters taking on projects for building permit applications cut and paste standard details on their drawings leading to errors and issues at the time of installation. We do not do that as we take the time to detail every aspect of a project. I am glad that we could substitute the concrete piers by metal post and solved all site issues that were not taking into consideration by previous “drafter”. Hope you enjoy your deck right before summer time. Thanks again.

Super D.
Super D.

Project - Deck

I contacted Valente Studios about working on permit drawings for a new deck built (second floor). Drawings were done to perfection and been submitted to city with no issues or concerns and did not need any changes on it. I would definitely recommend his services (Valente Cad Services) to friends and others in need. It was a great experience working with him. Will use him again. Best one out there for building permits and more.

Thank you for your great review. Yes, this project went smooth after we managed to clear the easement area that the property had. I am glad that you can now build the deck and enhance the value of the property. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We appreciate your business and the confidence you have placed in us. Please call us if we can be of further assistance. Robert.

HVerrydt
HVerrydt

Garage drawings and permit application.

Roberto was very informative and helpful. From the moment I contacted him to the finale Roberto was great.I would not hesitate to call Roberto again.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate customers such as yourself and would love to provide any future services you may require. Thanks again!

Henry in Toronto
Henry in Toronto

Drawings & submission to the city

Robert was a true professional, he explained the whole process without compromise. The city can be a confusing process & with Roberts help, it became an easier job. I learned lots from Robert & I would definitely call him for any future projects.

We greatly appreciate your kind words Henry. One of the added values of our services is to provide our clients detailed information of all scenarios that might happen once we submit the drawings to the building department so we know what to expect, our knowledge of the different zoning By-laws is quite ample which is key to obtain the building permit faster. It was a pleasure working with you and we truly do hope to hear from you again.

Joanne K.
Joanne K.

Drawings for a legal second suite

Robert went above and beyond in doing architectural drawings for a legal second suite for my client in Brampton. We took his drawings to the planning department and got the zoning and building permit approved with no changes needed!

Joanne, thank you for the fantastic review. It was a pleasure working with you and your client! I am happy you were able to obtain the building permit and to achieve your client’s vision for the basement apartment. I am so happy that everything worked out. The hallway in the basement was a big and important decision to achieve the maximum floor area allowed for the second unit. Adding the second suite to the house will substantially improve the value of this property. All the best!

Ed K.
Ed K.

Architectural

Robert was extremely professional, conscientious, knowledgeable and resilient in drafting up the architectural and structural drawings for my deck and hot tub in order to secure my necessary zoning and building permits from the city. He was always very accessible, true to his word and stuck to our agreed quote despite several obstacles and set-backs encountered during the lengthy process. I was extremely satisfied with his work and advice and I would not hesitate to use him again for any future projects and would recommend him to others as well.

Thank you Ed for taking the time to write this wonderful review. It was a pleasure helping you with this project. We did encounter a few surprises with the easement and the re-zoning by-law restrictions applied to your property. We overcame this challenge together and created an outdoor area so you can enjoy the hot tub. Do not hesitate to call us again for any future renovations.

More about VALENTE CAD STUDIO

Valente CAD Studio is a leader in building permit and building code consulting in Toronto, Ontario.

Our level of knowledge and commitment to service sets us apart. Our clients know that if they have a question, we will have an answer. We are staffed to assist our clients in every phase of the permitting and construction process.

Throughout all phases of your project, Valente CAD Studio will review architectural drawings for compliance with building code and zoning requirments.

Valente CAD Studio will prepare all municipal documents for Department of Buildings approval and file the appropiate applications as required by the project scope.

Valente CAD Studio concentrates on one business line: satisfying the expediting needs of our clients.

We are registered design firm with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing and fully insured and qualified with a BCIN.