O Brien Carpentry

O Brien Carpentry

Reviews for O Brien Carpentry

Eleanor Fraser from Toronto
Eleanor Fraser from Toronto

Front cedar lattice fence, back yard deck with glass sides and lattice privacy

We needed a small side fence to cover an existing 4 ft border wall between our front yard and our neighbours property after removing some deseased trees. I explained what I wanted and Thomas was right on point. He also removed some tree roots from an overgrown lilac tree which were in the way, which was not really his job!
In the back yard he rescued a deck that had gone wrong. We had significant water damage over the past 4 years on one side of the deck which had to be raised and relevelled. The cedar deck was fitted with glass side walls and a privacy screen.
Thomas is a skilled carpenter and a great person to work with.

Johnny Chowdhury from Old Toronto
Johnny Chowdhury from Old Toronto
4 reviews East York, ON

Backframing of Reno'd House

After our contractor left us high and dry, we found Tom through a referral. After having worked with him for a couple of months now, we have nothing but great things to say about him. He is a fantastic professional, who shows up on time, works extremely hard, and delivers outstanding results.

Our reno is quite complex, retrofitting a 1940's home including steel beams and all the other complexities that come with a reno like that. Tom did a ton of framing work for us, such as attaching joist to the steel beams using joist hangers, leveling floors, building closets, strapping walls, building fireplace frame and stairs landings, installing 8' x 5.5' window, and much more.

Every time there was a challenge, he resolved it quickly, efficiently and with high quality. He gives us such a peace of mind - like I've never experienced with any contractor. He is definitely one of a kind and to top it off, a really nice guy who is a pleasure to work with.

Anne-Margaret Welton in North york
Anne-Margaret Welton in North york

Cedar Closet Walk-in

I hired Thomas as a finishing carpenter for many projects on the go in a 90-year-old house (built in 1926) renovation that I've been working on off and on for the past 5 years. He has done great work for me and bc I design things and make adjustments in the design we decided to work by the hour so if changes were needed then there was no stress. He comes on time, leaves on time and his work is impeccable. The cedar closet revamp has been so good that I have taken it farther than I originally anticipated. Originally I was just going to add a top 13' clothing rod, but he ordered all the cedar materials from Century Mill Lumber (see in pic the gorgeous 18' long cedar) and created this great custom rod from my designs. That's right, from scratch!

Seeing that rod up created with such craftsmanship, I decided to replace the lower shelf-rod custom-made by Thomas. He took my suggestion and pushed the envelope even further to create this beautiful panel for the end.

No the closet revamp isn't yet finished, I have now chosen to custom build my shoe rack and look forward to Thomas returning in a few weeks to produce the same quality and workmanship that he has done thus far.

Custom dormer niches were built for each room in the 3rd floor and they look magnificent!

If you hire Thomas you will not be disappointed. As a designer, Versailles Studio Designs, I dream of finding this level of craftsmanship since it seems to be missing in the construction industry today. With Thomas, you'll not only find a great craftsman who knows his trade, but a gentleman on the job - tidy, never leaves messes, and never rude.

Looking for Carpenters pros in Toronto?