Based on my negative contractor experiences, relied upon Homestars to find a few contractors to do landscaping. Solicited a few and Emilio was one of them.
Quick summary: Fantastic workmanship and Emilio is a stand up, hardworking and honest guy.
Details: It is very clear that Emilio takes pride in his work as it shows in the details of his workmanship. He keeps communication open and does what others “say” they do but don’t; specifically, he listens to what we wanted and we bounced ideas off of each other throughout the process. End result is better than what we expected and the whole experience in dealing with Emilio was without any headaches.
What had started with a base level scope of work, expanded due to the comfort level we had with Emilio. Definitely money well spent and he accommodated us throughout.
Work he did:
- Preparing the site for landscaping (and did he ever need to prepare the site since it was a wreck for an extended period of time from a complete house reno).
- Retaining wall work using Allan block style bricks and using such for steps in multiple areas.
- Demo of a dilapidated garage and creation of an additional parking pad.
- Installing pressure treated wood as dividers between neighbouring properties
- New lawn using sod.
- Paving stones/stepping stones work.
- Building privacy fencing for a basement suite.
- Fencing for backyard (note: all fencing was clear cedar strips and had to be hand built; not prefabricated cedar panels)
I don’t want to get too much into the work since seeing the work will speak to it better than I can; will be including pictures soon. With that said, I welcome anyone to come by and see for themselves as well (contact Emilio for my contact details). This review may sound over the top, but it truly reflects how we feel about the great work that Emilio has done for us.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?