Tech Unbound

Satellite Sales & Service
Kitchener ON N2H 6R4

Reviews for Tech Unbound

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

TV antenna purchase and installation

Am absolutely thrilled with the outcome of my decision to cut the ties with all satellite and cable companies. Shin and Ally arrived to survey the situation, and see what I would be able to receive with an antenna. I was happy with the channels that I would be getting, so arranged for them to come back and install. Installation was quick, and easy! They are very personable, and want to make sure that you are satisfied. I highly recommend Tech Unbound.

Thank you very much for your glowing review! We love to hear when our customers are happy with our service. Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in any way.

Sen
Sen
2 reviews Kitchener, ON

Installation of HDTV Antenna Oakville

Shin and Allie came over to our home to explain how the service works. There was no pressure to purchase and install. They are both very knowledgeable and professional. They took their time to explain everything and were very helpful along the way. We would highly recommend them.

T in Brampton
T in Brampton

Antenna install and additional outlet

We were looking to ditch our overpriced cable provider - Shin and Allie came out to do a FREE site inspection, showing us the channels and quality we'd recieve as well as discussing options for the antenna mount and cabling. They were friendly, professional, and thorough in their work - we were extremely impressed at their dedication to getting a cable into a particularly difficult area in our home! Antenna mounted on the chimney (inconspicuous and effective!), and all exterior cabling was carefully drilled, mounted, and tucked away into soffit where possible. As a result we now have 26 beautifully clear channels! We have already recommended TechUnbound to friends and family and will continue to do so.
Additionally, for those reviewers complaining that work wasn't completed in a timely fashion due to inclement weather - we had to reschedule our install as a thunderstorm rolled in during our initial appointment. As a homeowner and as someone who cares about the wellbeing of others, it only seems like the right thing to do. Reschedule! I can't imagine expecting someone to climb ladders and scale a roof in a thunderstorm or the snow... Shin and Allie were highly flexible in rescheduling with us.
Thank you, Tech Unbound!

Al from Georgetown
Al from Georgetown
2 reviews Georgetown, MA

Antenna

Friendly service.
Only company I could find that comes out to look at the job first. Check for quality of signal and gave me an idea of what channels I would receive before committing to install.
Lost a few channels after install. Called them up and within a week they came out and changed the amplifier free of charge.
They were willing to use the Antenna I had purchased from someone else.
I recommend Tech Unbound. They stand behind their work!

Al Ghandchi in Richmond hill
Al Ghandchi in Richmond hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Digital HDTV antenna

At first they were about 3 hours late, after many phone calls and emails finally they showed up very unprepared, they did a messy job, basically they take over my house, from their jackets, boots and all their tools from our entrance to our TV room, the lady used our washroom without even asking and did not have the courtesy to leave the fan on or cline after herself.
After 5 hours of problem after problem, with an inspection prior to the installation day and promising 18 to 20 channels we end up with only 5 channels, they said will come back with another item to fix the problem -never heard of them again, today is exactly 3 months from the installation day.
Worst of all they started an unrelated conversation with our tent and spending about and an hour and half to just hook his TV, after all we had to deal with our tent’s complain.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM AT ALL.

Hello Al,

Thank you for your feedback. Our installation took place on February 24, a day when there was heavy snowfall. As stated

when we contacted you, our delay was due to the fact that it took an hour to clear our driveway, and then traffic was

difficult. We gave you the option of rescheduling for another day, but you declined.

As we work outdoors, we must dress for the weather. This means that when we enter your home to complete the installation,

our winter clothing will be removed. We do our best to place it out of the way, but if you preferred us to have placed our

things elsewhere we would have been happy to accommodate your request.

The installation took longer than usual due to the wiring in your home being complicated. We spoke with your tenant to try to determine where the wires were in the basement and where it would be appropriate to install new wires. A typical install takes three hours, but Shin explained before we started that it would take longer than this. Proper installation takes time, and you had indicated previously that you expected us to be finished in an hour so we rebooked for a day when you would have more time for us to do the job.

The part required was a VHF attachment. Shin recommended an inexpensive option that was readily available to us, but you

said you would like the Clearstream attachment. Shin left you a message letting you know the price of the part was much

higher than expected, and since we never heard back from you we assumed you did not want it.

We received an e-mail from you May 21 saying you had lost most of your channels. We e-mailed you back the next day asking

for your availability, and we received no response from you. If you would like an appointment for warranty service, please get in touch with us again.

Paul from Markham
Paul from Markham

HDTV Antenna and Cabling, Amp and Splitter

I was looking to disconnect from the the expensive cable packages since I don't watch that much TV. I still wanted to get the local stations and receive the HD signal. Shin was great from site survey to install ! I would reccomend Tech Unbound for you OTA HDTV needs.

Totton in Toronto
Totton in Toronto

Purchase and Installation of HD Antennae

This is the only company that I know of that does an onsite inspection of the property before installation. We live in the Roncesvalles neighbourhood of Toronto and have a pretty good view of the CN tower from the rooftop of our house. After the inspection Shin and Allie were able to determine the best type of antenna for our needs. This in itself is a great service. Shin came a few days later and did the installation. An hour later great reception with 36+ channels. A month later we had a problem. Shin and Allie came over the very next day and determined that the cable TV company had made a mistake when they disconnected us from the cable service. Shin fixed the problem free of charge. Since then things have been great. I wonder how many other technicians would have been so prompt and accommodating in the after sales service. I highly recommend Tech Unbound

CM in Brampton from Brampton
CM in Brampton from Brampton

Digital Antenna Installation

The free onsite survey was the thing that convinced me to go with this company initially and I'm glad I did. I now have a free and legal alternative to expensive cable in clear HD. Shin is very knowledgeable and has continued to offer support after the initial install. He clearly stands by the service he is providing and I will continue to recommend Tech Unbound.

TJROX
TJROX

Purchase and installation of Digital HDTV Antenna

I contacted 6 different companies about having an HDTV antenna installed, and TechUnbound was the only one that called me back (plus responded promptly.) Within a few days' time, they were able to make the inspection and install the antenna. They provided all the equipment (including the antenna), were very helpful in answering all my questions, even worked in the rain, and now I have 30 over the air channels.

I was not pleased with how the cable was run from the roof OVER the gutter rather than around the end of it. Also, the cable was not set securely to the house until about half way down the length of the house. After several weeks, they returned to secure the cable to the top of the house, but they did not fix the issue of the cable running over the gutter, which was my primary concern.

Other than that, everything else was fine.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi TJ,

I'm sorry you were disappointed about the location of the cable over the gutter. However, there was no other way to route it as there is no gap between the gutter and the house (as it should be, or the water would run down the side of your house instead of into the gutter) and the end of the gutter is sharp and would have damaged your cable had the wire been placed around it. We did the best we could under the circumstances and attached the cable higher up the wall.

As for the delay, we had a difficulty between a series of unsafe weather conditions, and a time when you were unable to access the extra-long ladder required to reach the top of your house. We had booked times each week, but unfortunately there were things that got in the way each time. Thank you for understanding. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

More about Tech Unbound

Digital HDTV antenna sales, installation and service | Television wall mounting | Home theatre cable management | IP Security Camera Systems | Serving Kitchener-Waterloo and the GTA since 2006 Kitchener 519-772-8281 Toronto 416-238-1413 **These phone numbers cannot receive text messages. **