Electricians

Home Renovations

604 849-2070
BC
V8B 0G2

I always use Highlands Electric for my projects, and recommend them to my clients and other contractors.

Highlands Electric is consistently on schedule and on budget, and handles scope changes smoothly keeping myself and clients aware of budget and timelines.

Matt is always considering functionality as much as design from mapping the old to laying out the new thru to the finishing.

Matt's hands on approach keeps the experience consistent from one project to the next.
From start to finish Highlands Electric deals with it all, taking the stress of dealing with sub-trades out of the equatio

Ah man I'm blushing here. Thanks Derek, we really enjoy working with you guys too!
Now, what do I gotta do to get a 10?!

Pnwsquamish
Pnwsquamish
1 review Squamish, BC

Commercial electrical renovation

Work was done professionally and on schedule. Would recommend them for any electrical work. Superstar performance. Priced according as well.

9/10? Well we're getting there!

Matt
Matt
3 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Basement Renovation - re-wiring the basement suite, upgraded the power from 60amp - 200amp service, fitted electric baseboards throughout...basically new everything.

604 849-2070
BC
V8B 0G2

Matt is a very competent electrician, throughout the process he has proven to be reliable, on time and more importantly on budget. It can be challenging at times to get Matt to commit to a quote but once he does he's usually pretty spot on if not under. If you have thought through the details and know how you want then I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Matt - having worked with a dozen or so tradesmen over this renovation project his honesty, quality of work and reliability were fantastic.

Only 8/10?! I never even met the guy who reviewed before you and he still gave us a 6! ;-) Seriously though, thanks for the review! Very smart investment...you can't go wrong updating in the North Vancouver real estate market. Congrats to both of you and best of luck in the future!!

1 review Garibaldi Highlands, BC

Basement rennovation

My contractor hired Matt to upgrade the wiring in my house in Squamish. We had to upgrade the system from 100 amps to 200 amps and add all of the wiring for a new basement suite.

My contractor decided to hang on to 10% of the bill until the work was fully completed. After that, there was a huge disagreement between my contractor and Matt about what happened and a lot of finger pointing. Matt's job passed inspection without any problems but it should be possible to find a way to complete a job that does not end up causing so many problems at the end.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Mike,

Well I'm just glad you were able to collect all the facts first before casting judgement. ;-)
Seriously though, thank you for your understanding, mainly to the fact that your "general contractor" was caught doing uncertified electrical work in your home under my company's permit, and billing you extra for it. Unfortunately the BC safety authority does not take lightly to this fact, nor can my company be held liable for his work if anything were to go wrong. I decided it was in both our best interests to finish up and move on. As mentioned, efforts were made to reach you earlier on however, not surprisingly, your contact info was not forthcoming.

Best of luck,
Matt.

More about Highlands Electric

Complete new construction residential and commercial builds, electrical service upgrades, troubleshooting and renovation projects. All electrical done to code and permitted if required. Servicing North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Lions Bay, Squamish and Whistler. Give us a call! (604) 849-2070