Indoor Air Quality Ottawa

Reviews for Indoor Air Quality Ottawa

stu in
stu in

Testing indoor air quality

I have an allergic condition which requires me to supplement my breathing with oxygen. In an attempt to alleviate this condition, I am having extensive renovations to the basement of my house. After requesting an appointment with Indoor Air Quality Ottawa using their online form, I received both a telephone call and an email confirming the date and time. Shawn, the Inspector, arrived on the dot, and we had a general discussion about the renovations completed to date. He had brought his measuring instruments, but after our discussion he commented that he thought that I was doing everything reasonable and that measurements would not gain much at this time. (I hope that I have stated this correctly). At this point, he said that he would waive his fee, which is normally $400 for the first two hours. He spoke authoritatively and certainly seemed to know the subject matter. Overall, a very positive experience and I would highly recommend this company.

Thank you for the very nice review; it was not expected but very much appreciated. Ultra-fine particle cleaning once all renovations are complete is recommended. Hope you are feeling better soon.

mold detection

very polite on the phone arrived on time for the appointment .Found the problem in the wall with a thermal camera right away. the first company I had inspect could not find the foundation leak .they wanted me to open walls or dig outside. I recommend Mr Rankin for your inspection

Thank you for your nice and informative review. Building science is one of our strengths. A thermal imaging device is not a “point and shoot” camera. The Canadian government has created the need for Infrared thermographer certifications in its National Master Specification (NMS Building Enclosures). This level of thermographer training certification cannot be obtained by taking an online, short-term webinar. Canadian NMS certifications require a minimum of 32 hours in-class training (ASNT L1) followed by exams, assignments, and re-certification every 5 years. Our thermographer has completed the Level 1 Certified Building Investigations qualifications and complies with the National Master Specification (NMS Building Enclosures, Level 1).

jerry.rip
jerry.rip

Basement odor correction

Testing for source and type of sudden foul odor emanating from certain area of the basement.

Thank you Jerry for trusting us to investigate the source of the unidentified odour and to provide you with solutions and remediation recommendations to make your home healthier.

phill in
phill in

Mould detection

We were getting bad smell coming from a room in our basement and could not identify where this smell was originating. After contacting IAQ we had Mr. Rankin visit us, after a thorough inspection and questioning he was able to determine we had moisture in a wall and mould was developing. Mr. Rankin was very helpfull by pinpointing the problem but also on tips on what steps to take to get this issue resolved.

Thank you Phill. We are glad to help resolve your air quality concerns and restore your healthy environment.

Air quality inspection

Shawn took the time to explain concept of how to get a better air quality in the house and how we can improve our house. It was more than an inspection. Very professional, personable and answered our follow up questions. I would highly recommend his
services. The administration at the office is also marvellous, courteous and offer outstanding quality service. Very happy with my experience with them.

Thank you for your kind words. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mike in Brighton
Mike in Brighton
1 review Ottawa, ON

Mold in our basement and IAQ helped us out.

My wife and I have nothing but great things to say about Shawn and his company. Our summer turnned out to be a mold horror show in our basement! For anyone that finds themselves in this situation, you will know how stressfull it is.

We contacted shawn for initial advice on what to do and even without agreeing to go with his company, he suggested how we could isolate our basement from the rest of the house to keep our family safe.

When Shawn arrived to do his assesment, he was ontime and knew exactly what to look for. He explained why we were having the problem and assured us that we would be able to remediate the problem. After taking the air samples he provided us with a written report and actions required by the remediation company to remove all thr mold and contaminated materials. In his report, he also detailed what repairs/modifications would need to be made to our house in order to ensure that the mold would not return.

Shawn is a knowledgeable individual in the air quality buisness and has always been willing to provide us with advice and guidance. My wife and I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Thanks for the great service IAQ-Shawn!

Thank you Mike, it was a pleasure meeting you and your family. Good luck with the basement renovation. Let me know how the kitchen plug moisture leak works out. As discussed, once you have it open, I will come by no charge for a quick assessment. Happy holidays!

Odorinspection in
Odorinspection in
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Musty odor in basement. Nobody could identify.

Mr Rankin identified the odor immediately but nevertheless investigated exterior walls in basement, taking readings along the way, and explaining what he detected. Sat down with us and suggested solutions. Later on, work was performed by a third party, one of several he recommended.

The primary work has been performed and it appears that the odor has been eliminated.

Christine
Christine

Wet basement

This is the second time I have had Shawn investigate air quality concerns. Both times he was very professional and knowledgable. He explains what he sees from his area of expertise even if outside the main area of concern which is great. His solutions are concrete and guided. I was able to contact him to answer questions regarding the report issued to get some clarifications and further guidance prior to moving forward with remediation activities. I feel like the fees for the service are quite reasonable for homeowners and a good investment in ones health. I will continue to work with Shawn throughout our remediation and renovation process. Thank you.

Thank you very much Christine for the great review. If you have any follow-up questions or clarification, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Adam in Richmond Hill
Adam in Richmond Hill

Musty smell in basement

We noticed a musty smell in our basement and decided to call Shawn to come out and do an inspection and help us determine how to eliminate it. Shawn arrived on time and was professional and personable. I was very happy with the well explained technical concepts, no nonsense approach, and practical advice that was offered. Shawn helped point out the things that we were doing correctly, and highlighted the problem areas of the house and remediation steps that we should take to eliminate the musty odors. I won't hesitate to recommend Shawn to friends and family for both air quality and home inspection needs.

Thanks, Adam. We really appreciate the great review. Your home was very well-maintained. Great job so far.

Nelson in Ottawa
Nelson in Ottawa

mold/moisture inspection

IAQO has come to my home many times and Shawn was also amazing with explaining how air/moisture work in the home. Shawn helped steer us in the right direction even when we were headed in the wrong direction. Plenty of affordable and even D.I.Y solutions that I have been able to pass on to others. I have recommended IAQO to others and they were always happy as well. Shawn has saved our family an enormous amount of money with sound advice

Thank you, Nelson. We appreciate the referrals and the kind words.

More about Indoor Air Quality Ottawa

Talk to a professionally trained, certified, experienced air quality consultant today. 613-821-0035

At Indoor Air Quality Ottawa, our strength is identifying the source of problems so you can thrive in a healthy environment.

Identifying an odour is secondary to determining why it occurred in the first place. Our strength lies in finding the source – mould, sewer gas, combustion spillage, chemical off-gassing – then ensuring it won’t come back again by specifying remediation solutions that fix the root cause of the problem.

IAQ Ottawa will identify your air quality concerns and deliver professional, cost-effective, permanent solutions. Our professionally trained consultants have provided solutions to all types of air quality conditions since 2003.

“3000+ residential inspections. 350+ commercial inspections”

For more information, please visit www.iaqo.ca or email us at [email protected]

Mold Detection & Removal, Asbestos & Lead Removal, and Home Inspection
Residential, Commercial and Industrial Air Quality Inspection and Testing / Workshops & customized courses on air quality / Woodworking Workshop Safety Program
We test for: Mould (Air, Bulk, Surface) / Asbestos / Bacteria / Temperature / Relative Humidity and Moisture Mapping / Ventilation Rates Total Building (VRP) / Duct Air Flow And Velocity Rates / Lead / Respirable Suspended Particulates / Gravimetric Nuisance Dust Levels / Formaldehyde / Oil Mists / Nitrogen Dioxide / Low Level Explosive Gas / Methane / Designated Substance Surveys / Phase I & II Environmental / Site Assessments / Building Durability Summaries / Carbon Monoxide / Carbon Dioxide / Sulfur Dioxide / Chloride / Ammonia / Volatile Organic Compounds (off-gassing) / Oxygen / Radon / Hydrogen sulfide (sewer gas) / Hydrocarbon Soil Sampling / Ozone / Data Logger Machine Rental | Our standards and protocols: NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) / IICRC (The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) / ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers) / HRAI (The Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada) / CMHC (Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation) / NEHA-NRPP (National Environmental Health Association - National Radon Proficiency Program) / Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) / IAQ Resources Canada / EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) / Health Canada / Ontario Safety Association for Community and Healthcare (OSACH) / Federal Regulations
Air Quality Inspections, Defect Recognition, Mold/Asbestos/Radon testing, Smoke Testing
2003
Cash, Check, Credit Card, Interac e-Transfer
CIEC (Council-Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant)
IAQA, HRAI, NACHI