Indoor Air Quality Ottawa

Mold Detection & Removal
HomeStars  >  Mold Detection & Removal in Ottawa  >  Indoor Air Quality Ottawa
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Indoor Air Quality Ottawa

Nelson in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

IAQO has come to my home many times and Shawn was also amazing with explaining how air/moisture work in the home. Shawn helped steer us in the right direction even when we were headed in the wrong direction. Plenty of affordable and even D.I.Y solutions that I have been able to pass on to others. I have recommended IAQO to others and they were always happy as well. Shawn has saved our family an enormous amount of money with sound advice

Job Price

Thank you, Nelson. We appreciate the referrals and the kind words.

J in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I was quite disappointed with the service I received. The inspector was very rude to the home owner and talked down to me. I had to insist on getting a written report which I had to follow up on a couple weeks later in order to get it. When I did get it there were details missing that he had talked about during the inspection. The whole experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth and when you factor in $300 for the inspection and $200 for the incomplete report, it was not worth it. Considering all the 10 all reviews my experience did not live up to these.

Job Price

Thank you for your response. Typically, our clients praise our technical explanations and reports. Your investigation was difficult as you had refinished your basement without first addressing the moisture issues. I understood that is frustrating. Moisture proofing options before renovations would have reduced the humidity. A 2 out of 10 rating would indicate that you are not only unhappy with our service, your response suggests you are angry and somehow did not understand the site explanation and follow-up report and photographs. For that, we apologize.

Ed Kusters in
1 review , ON

I have nothing but praise for this man's honest no nonsense approach to my problem. He told me exactly what my problem was and how I could fix it myself. I only paid him for his time since he was honest about my not needing to pay for expensive testing of the air or the surfaces he examined. Shawn gave me info on what products to use to clean the affected areas and how to properly protect myself and my family while I performed the work required to remove some materials that had been damaged by moisture and organic matter build up which where feeding the mold growth contributing to the musty odour. The cost of the materials and products that I needed for cleaning after removal as well as those to be added after the cleaning was done where very reasonable since he focussed on only what was required, leaving most of the existing not affected materials already in my basement in place and only replacing what was needed. Anyone needing expert advice on what is causing a musty smell in their basement and how to deal with it needs to hire this nice man. Shawn is very personable and extreamly knowlegable about what happens in basements due to air intrusion and condensation and how to fix it without having to remortgage your home. Thanks Shawn.

Job Price

Thank you, Ed. It was nice to have a cup of tea and just explain your problem. Good luck and call me if you have any more problems in the future.

2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Shawn was prompt, professional and very knowledgeable. He took the time to explain the underlying cause of the mould in our basement, performed 2 lab tests and provided a written report to guide us in the next steps of the remediation. He spent extra time (even after already being paid) to answer some additional questions as we were hiring remediation contractors. In this stressful situation his knowledge and expertise put us at ease.

Overall, very satisfied with this experience. Thanks Shawn!

Job Price

Thank you very much for your kind words. At IAQ Ottawa, our main goal is to find the source of the problem to be able to provide permanent solutions.

Andrea M.
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

We moved into a new to us house (20 years old) in December and knew there was a musty smell in basement. Decided to get an air quality assessment done since we thought there might be mold and we are expecting our first child in May. Shawn was great by running all the proper tests and taking the time to explain what we can do to improve the air quality throughout our home. We had another company do the work related to removing insulation/cleaning any mold, then we had IAQ retest to ensure the mold was removed. Great service and now we have peace of mind.

Job Price

Thank you very much Andrea for taking time to leave us a great review. Health Canada identifies three groups that are most susceptible to indoor air quality contaminants – seniors, pregnant mothers, and newborns. We are very happy to be of help in preparing your home and improving your air quality for your new baby.

Brian Miller in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Our allergic daughter left from a visit with us not feeling well with sinus congestion. Her bedroom is in the basement. The symptoms took a day or two to settle down when she returned to her home but the congestion came back when she wore articles of clothing that she had brought here. She could smell something on the clothes. She suspected mold to which she is allergic. We needed to check out the air quality in our home.
We contacted Shawn Rankin of IAQ Ottawa to do a home indoor air quality inspection. Shawn was able to identify a couple high risk mold areas from a walk around our house. He educated us about mold properties, how to clean mold, what equipment to use, which digital tools to have ready to measure humidity, and the need to implement various practices (indoor and outside) to reduce above-normal humidity.
We followed Shawn's advice on cleaning the basement and main floor and removed from our laundry room insulation that was contaminated. Our basement is cleaner and fresher, has normal humidity and our daughter is now fine when she visits.
Shawn also conducted a few air samples that indicated various types and levels of spores in the a couple basement rooms, for which remedial action is being taken where applicable.
We recommend Shawn's services.

Job Price

Thank you very much for your recommendation. We are glad to have contributed in making your home healthy for your family.

1 review Ottawa, ON

We bought and moved in to a home in fall 2016, and smelled strong odors. We contacted the company, and Shawn came in the next day. Luckily, he inspected the home before and knew the history. He gave us very practical advice and did not charge us at all. We were very satisfied with his service and professionalism.

Job Price

Thank you for the positive feedback, we're glad that we were able to help.

Tara Glaude  in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We had Shawn come out to our house to help determine where some musty smells were coning from and how to resolve them. We live in an older home that's had many small additions over the years. We had taken several steps to resolve the moisture issues in our home but were still getting the smells and it was really bothering us and impacting our lives, I didn't want to have anyone over to our house as I was embarrassed! Shawn was extremely knowledgeable, interesting to listen to, very personable, and I felt immediate relief having him here to diagnose our problem. He offered different solutions and advised us on what steps to take to resolve the problem and keep it from coming back. I only wish we had consulted him sooner! Do not hesitate to retain his services, well worth every cent!

Job Price

That was a great review,thank you .I have reviewed the product recommendations you sent and I recommend we stick to Benefect Good luck with your clean up .

2 reviews , ON

We had some concerns about the air quality in our home. Shawn from IAQ came out to our place last yr and did an inspection of our home. He was very thorough and reassuring and gave us some tips to use. A yr later we had him back out to our place and he quickly recalled some of the issues we had and the steps we took to rectify. We would highly recommend IAQ to any of our friends.

Job Price

Thank you. You did a great job improving your home's air quality.

More about Indoor Air Quality Ottawa

Talk to a professionally trained, certified, experienced air quality consultant today. 613-821-0035

At Indoor Air Quality Ottawa, our strength is identifying the source of problems so you can thrive in a healthy environment.

Identifying an odour is secondary to determining why it occurred in the first place. Our strength lies in finding the source – mould, sewer gas, combustion spillage, chemical off-gassing – then ensuring it won’t come back again by specifying remediation solutions that fix the root cause of the problem.

IAQ Ottawa will identify your air quality concerns and deliver professional, cost-effective, permanent solutions. Our professionally trained consultants have provided solutions to all types of air quality conditions since 2003.

“3000+ residential inspections. 350+ commercial inspections”

For more information, please visit www.iaqo.ca or email us at [email protected]

Mold Detection & Removal, Home Inspection, and Asbestos & Lead Removal
Residential and Commercial Air Quality Inspection and Testing / Workshops & customized courses on air quality / Woodworking Workshop Safety Program
We test for: Mould (Air, Bulk, Surface) / Asbestos / Bacteria / Temperature / Relative Humidity and Moisture Mapping / Ventilation Rates Total Building (VRP) / Duct Air Flow And Velocity Rates / Lead / Respirable Suspended Particulates / Gravimetric Nuisance Dust Levels / Formaldehyde / Oil Mists / Nitrogen Dioxide / Low Level Explosive Gas / Methane / Designated Substance Surveys / Phase I & II Environmental / Site Assessments / Building Durability Summaries / Carbon Monoxide / Carbon Dioxide / Sulfur Dioxide / Chloride / Ammonia / Volatile Organic Compounds (off-gassing) / Oxygen / Radon / Hydrogen sulfide (sewer gas) / Hydrocarbon Soil Sampling / Ozone / Data Logger Machine Rental | Our standards and protocols: NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) / IICRC (The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) / ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers) / HRAI (The Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada) / CMHC (Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation) / NEHA-NRPP (National Environmental Health Association - National Radon Proficiency Program) / Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) / IAQ Resources Canada / EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) / Health Canada / Ontario Safety Association for Community and Healthcare (OSACH) / Federal Regulations
Air Quality Inspections, Defect Recognition, Mold/Asbestos/Radon testing, Smoke Testing
2003
Cash, Check, Credit Card, Interac e-Transfer
CIEC (Council-Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant)
IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Association), NACHI (National Association of Certified Home Inspectors)