Wellcore Corporation

Reviews for Wellcore Corporation

Carla
Carla

HOME RENOVATIONS

CHOOSE THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT AN ORGANIZED AND STRESS FREE HOME RENOVATION. FROM THE INITIAL MEETING TO THE COMPLETION DATE, WELLCORE CORPORATION OFFERED EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY WERE PROFESSIONAL PLUS THEY WERE ON TIME AND ON BUDGET.

Hello Carla, thank you for warm reviews and we hope your home will bring you joy in happiness in years to come. See you next year for one year follow up !

C Lee in Maple
C Lee in Maple

2 storey new build

Wellcore built our 2 storey home which completed in 2019. From the beginning Alex gave details on budget and possibilities and is very experienced. We met with a few other builders beforehand, but Alex was most realistic and upfront with details and materials costs and understood our requirements. Even though the project went over time from bad weather, Alex addressed any concerns we had and was responsive to give us options to resolve any issues. And is very mindful of the budget and offering options that save costs. Alex's team returned to fix remaining minor issues. Any concerns we had after we moved back, Alex dropped by to check. Looking back, we know we made the right decision to hire Wellcore. We fully trust Alex and Wellcore and would recommend and choose Wellcore again.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our team worked very hard to build a house of your dreams. We wish you all the best in settling into your new home.

Andrew from Toronto
Andrew from Toronto

Major Renovation (second story and rear extension)

We hired Wellcore to turn our old tiny bungalow into our dream home. Alex and his team helped us through the entire process from start to finish. We kept only 3 walls of the existing house and ended up with a 2 story home and an addition at the back. We are so thrilled with the results and love our new home. Wellcore completed the work on time and on budget. We had weather issues that delayed the project in the beginning but the team at Wellcore was able to make up the lost time and complete the project on schedule.
They were good at communicating with us through-out the process and Alex was always available for any questions we had.
Designing and renovating a complete home can cause stress and hardship on a family. Wellcore made the entire process very smooth. Even when there were some issues, Alex always had options for us and provided solutions.
Our house had many challenges during the renovation. The house is located very close to our neighbours houses and Wellcore was respectful of our neighbours and tried to minimize the impact on them during the construction.

I would highly recommend Wellcore for your renovations. They provided a detailed budget, so we were able to see what the money was being spent on and that there were no hidden costs. Alex and his team at Wellcore stayed on budget and on schedule.

Hello Andrew, thank you for your time in leaving this excellent review. Our team worked really hard to get you everything that you wanted in a house. Please accept our warmest wishes for your new home.

LEGO_enthusiast in Old Toronto
LEGO_enthusiast in Old Toronto

New home build in mid-town

I couldn’t be happier with professionalism and resourcefulness of Alex and his team! Our house turned out to have a great flow with lots of air and light, thanks to lots of useful advice from Alex’s architect including a proposal to add carved out ceilings in upstairs bedrooms. All finishes look stunning and very well done. Due to peculiar positioning of the house permits weren’t easy to obtain and drawings required a lot of work – Alex’s team followed through on the entire process end-to-end and I didn’t have to worry about anything. For the same reason (house location) construction was challenging, but again, Wellcore made it all work beautifully. Thank you so much for all your dedication and making the seemingly impossible achievement to happen!

Hello LEGO_enthusiast, It has been our pleasure to create a home of enduring quality that will bring you and your family joy for generations to come.

Don Mills Addition in North York
Don Mills Addition in North York

Large Don Mills Addition

Wellcore, designed and built a large side and second floor addition, more than doubling the livable square footage. It was a large challenging project requiring excavation, tree removals and numerous surprises along the way. Some limited delays along the way, mostly unavoidable. Wellcore provided end to end service allowing us the right level of involvement. End result was incredible and could pass as a new house built at 50% more per square foot.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you for the great review. Our team strived to provide you with great building experience and we are happy to hear that we succeded in it. We are proud to have your project as a true gem in our portfolio.

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Renovation/Restoration Trinity Bellwoods Semi

Alex and his team at Wellcore made my vision become real. Just imagine one of those ancient downtown multi-tenant wrecks with "good bones". I had no idea I was in for a gut job! Thank goodness Alex was smart enough to anticipate what we would encounter and bid an adequate budget -- which he was vigilant about monitoring -- to make sure I always approved any "extras" before proceeding. My goal was to end up with 3 bedrooms, while turning another into a master suite/walk-in closet. This meant we had to fortify an attic floor and replace a dangerous staircase. Alex came with me before I bought the house to confirm this plan was feasible. It was only possible because he had the brilliant idea to flip the direction of 3 flights of stairs to provide safe, well-positioned access to all levels. The quality of the construction (yayyy Vince!) and the craftsmanship of the interior finishings is top-notch (and I am a very demanding customer). The team take real pride in the beauty of what they are creating. Alex never made me feel stupid or unreasonable, and always greeted me with a smile and a "can-do" attitude even when he knew I was going to ask him to adjust something! He always found an "in-budget" way to include a restoration feature, and affordable ways to solve a problem. And many thanks to Natalia for wonderful and endlessly patient design assistance. Plus, Wellcore handled all the drawings, permits, and inspections. I was so lucky to find this company and will definitely use them again.

Thank u for such great review! Our team wish u prosperity and joy at your new home.

Robbie
Robbie

Building a new addition and renovating entire home

This was a large undertaking by our family. We essentially kept 3 walls and the roof. Everything else is new.

Alex and his team were awesome. They guided us through the process (from inception, budgeting, permits, and construction). Of course, along the way, there were small hiccups that occurred (partially our fault) that required extra attention, but the Wellcore team guided us through everything and provided assurances to our family and our neighbours who were impacted by our project.

The work was completed on time and on budget, which is a rarity in today's age. Thank you Alex for helping us reshape our house. We're pleased with the results and look forward to settling down in our modern home.

Thank u Robbie for this great review. It was a great pleasure to work on your project and Our team wish u happiness in your new home!

Alex

Ram
Ram

Review of Wellcore Corporation custom house build

I am writing this review for Wellcore Corporation who completed our custom house (Scarborough images on their website) in June of 2017. This may be a lengthy review for some, but I feel it is necessary to convey our experiences with Wellcore over the course of this project. If you find it's too long, I've summarized the review below.

Summary

This summary is what you should read if you want the quick rundown on our experience. Overall, I would highly recommend Wellcore. They are genuine and caring and will ultimately ensure that you are satisfied at all steps of the project. It's honestly easy to hire a contractor and have them build a house, but the question that remains is what type of relationship will be built between the individual and contractor throughout the project and what level of quality is maintained throughout the project. At the end of the project, we developed a strong relationship with Wellcore. We are 100% positive that we made the correct decision and not because our house was built by them, but because we hired professionals that brought experience and quality to the table in a timely fashion. Right from the beginning, they outlined the steps involved in undertaking this project and reassured us that every step would meet our expectations. We know that the house is well built and will last just as long as our 93 year old house.

As a side note, during this project we hired an urban planner in Newmarket for the permit phase (we found the urban planners thinking they would help us get the permits quicker; they were separate from Wellcore) who were deceitful. I want to bring this up to show that our project certainly wasn't without it's hiccups, so we've met individuals throughout the project that we would never hire again. During the lengthy time of trying to acquire the permits with the poor performance of the urban planner, Wellcore continued to back us up (help us acquire permits) and reassured us that we would be successful in acquiring permits. With Wellcore, we would definitely hire them again.

Before I finish I would like to say that I've posted this review on multiple websites and that the level of detail of this review reflects what I think of the company. Furthermore, you should do your research and read reviews in detail before hiring anyone, we interviewed several builders and decided on Wellcore. Should you decide to go with Wellcore, you definitely won't regret it. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Nicholas1
Nicholas1

Second & Third Story Addition

With three kids and one on the way, we had no choice but find a solution to our space constraints. Moving was not an option, so we contemplated renovating and expanding our existing dwelling. We interviewed numerous contractors and increasingly felt discouraged and defeated... until we met Alex and the Wellcore team. We signed a contract and soon realized that we made the right decision. They were professional, courteous, honest and responsive. Most importantly, we were on budget. We would recommend Wellcore to anyone with home renovation needs.

Calvin in Toronto
Calvin in Toronto

Building a new house

We have interviewed a dozen of small and big contractors and when I met with Alex with his very detailed contract, my wife and I decided to go with Wellcore. More I hear about horror stories from people around me with their contractors (there are 2 houses on my street with 2 different builders have stopped building for more than 6 months), I realize that I was very lucky to find Alex. They not only built my beautiful house (almost) in time but also ALWAYS show up if there are anything to be patched/fixed even months after the house was built. Alex is extremely responsible which I believe is the MOST important when you are building a house. Anyone can build a house but I haven’t met that many responsible GC. Thanks again for building the beautiful house. I’m (almost) sick and tired of people taking pictures of my house and yelling “you have a beautiful house” daily. :P

Special thanks to Vince, Nat and Eugene. It was fun building house with you.

More about Wellcore Corporation

One General Contractor for the entire project Cycle.
We are the team of the skilled professionals dedicated to provide reliable, financially comprehensible and quality trustworthy design and construction services throughout GTA. We are experienced with wide range of additions and new house construction.

Since 2006, we accomplished simple rear house extensions or complicated second floor additions, built a new house from the ground to the roof and helped our customers to remodel entire houses to their bravest expectations.

WellCore Corporation team with professional: architect / permit specialist, addition / new home construction specialist and back office support staff, will deliver a unique construction experience. We are pledged to provide detailed and understandable budgets, full explanation about all steps involved in construction of your project and create easy, workable, stress free environment to our customers.