Wellcore Corporation

Reviews for Wellcore Corporation

Ram
Ram

Review of Wellcore Corporation custom house build

I am writing this review for Wellcore Corporation who completed our custom house (Scarborough images on their website) in June of 2017. This may be a lengthy review for some, but I feel it is necessary to convey our experiences with Wellcore over the course of this project. If you find it's too long, I've summarized the review below.

Summary

This summary is what you should read if you want the quick rundown on our experience. Overall, I would highly recommend Wellcore. They are genuine and caring and will ultimately ensure that you are satisfied at all steps of the project. It's honestly easy to hire a contractor and have them build a house, but the question that remains is what type of relationship will be built between the individual and contractor throughout the project and what level of quality is maintained throughout the project. At the end of the project, we developed a strong relationship with Wellcore. We are 100% positive that we made the correct decision and not because our house was built by them, but because we hired professionals that brought experience and quality to the table in a timely fashion. Right from the beginning, they outlined the steps involved in undertaking this project and reassured us that every step would meet our expectations. We know that the house is well built and will last just as long as our 93 year old house.

As a side note, during this project we hired an urban planner in Newmarket for the permit phase (we found the urban planners thinking they would help us get the permits quicker; they were separate from Wellcore) who were deceitful. I want to bring this up to show that our project certainly wasn't without it's hiccups, so we've met individuals throughout the project that we would never hire again. During the lengthy time of trying to acquire the permits with the poor performance of the urban planner, Wellcore continued to back us up (help us acquire permits) and reassured us that we would be successful in acquiring permits. With Wellcore, we would definitely hire them again.

Before I finish I would like to say that I've posted this review on multiple websites and that the level of detail of this review reflects what I think of the company. Furthermore, you should do your research and read reviews in detail before hiring anyone, we interviewed several builders and decided on Wellcore. Should you decide to go with Wellcore, you definitely won't regret it. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Nicholas1
Nicholas1

Second & Third Story Addition

With three kids and one on the way, we had no choice but find a solution to our space constraints. Moving was not an option, so we contemplated renovating and expanding our existing dwelling. We interviewed numerous contractors and increasingly felt discouraged and defeated... until we met Alex and the Wellcore team. We signed a contract and soon realized that we made the right decision. They were professional, courteous, honest and responsive. Most importantly, we were on budget. We would recommend Wellcore to anyone with home renovation needs.

Calvin in Toronto
Calvin in Toronto

Building a new house

We have interviewed a dozen of small and big contractors and when I met with Alex with his very detailed contract, my wife and I decided to go with Wellcore. More I hear about horror stories from people around me with their contractors (there are 2 houses on my street with 2 different builders have stopped building for more than 6 months), I realize that I was very lucky to find Alex. They not only built my beautiful house (almost) in time but also ALWAYS show up if there are anything to be patched/fixed even months after the house was built. Alex is extremely responsible which I believe is the MOST important when you are building a house. Anyone can build a house but I haven’t met that many responsible GC. Thanks again for building the beautiful house. I’m (almost) sick and tired of people taking pictures of my house and yelling “you have a beautiful house” daily. :P

Special thanks to Vince, Nat and Eugene. It was fun building house with you.

blab_102 in Costa Mesa
blab_102 in Costa Mesa

Built a New House

We engaged WellCore Corporation for building a new house in Etobicoke. We interviewed many builders prior the start of project and WellCore was the most transparent and opened in the initial estimate allowing us as owners to have an influence in all phases of the project and in choosing all house finishes. During the project we were amazed with their patience regarding some neighbours that constantly harassed the crew during the building process. We as owners learned that building in our part of Etobicoke could be very challenging with hostile neighbours resisting any changes and city bureaucracy and their inspectors that are unreasonably picky in this part of the city. Honestly we really admired WellCore's professionalism dealing with many unreasonable requests from the city that were not based on written standards. Overall they provided excellent service and we are happy we went through this endeavour with them. We cordially recommend them for any major projects - new houses or major renovations.

Jaspal Vasdev in Toronto
Jaspal Vasdev in Toronto

Extension and addition of 2nd floor

Very professional service provided by Alex, Vince and Natt. The quality and service exceeded our expectation. All the staff provided best suggestions and recommendation when in doubt. The team was ready to explain in details if you had any questions.
I am glad that I chose WellCore for this job. When I started this project I was scared, but Alex and Vince were always there to make me understand and help me through the project.
I only have good things and good memories. I will strongly recommend them. Very reliable and honest.

Rebuild the house on existing foundatio

With Wellcor we avoided the usual nightmare of building the house on your own. Vince's expertise as a builder and Alex's efficiency to get all the trades on time made possible for us to move back 8 months later. Prior to hire Wellcor as a general contractor we've interviewed other builders and none was even close to the budget we could afford. Wellcor built our dream house and saved us a lot of money!

Genady Zaslavsky from Innisfil
Genady Zaslavsky from Innisfil
1 review Innisfil, ON

New home in Innisfil on water front.

We have completed two custom construction projects with Well Core Corporation

Staff is skilled, competent and have good customer service.

They have completed everything in a timely manner, within budget and in a professional manner.

We are very happy with their work and would definitely recommend them as a general contractor for private and industrial construction.

Hi Genady,
Thank you for the review. It was a great pleasure working with you on this project which became (and still is!) one of our favs. We are excited to feature this waterfront gem in our gallery "Innisfil lakefront cottage" and on our web-site http://www.wellcorecorporation.ca/projects/18/Project+Innisfil+(Completed)

Best regards,
Alex

Irene & Steve from Toronto
Irene & Steve from Toronto
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Second storey & rear addition

After interviewing numerous contractors, we chose WellCore to take on our project which included a rear and second story addition of our 1.5 story house. From the design stage, thru the permit process and then construction, they were always on top of everything and worked with us every step of the way. We started designing in July, construction began in October and we had our newly built house by March. ON-TIME & ON BUDGET!!!

They are professional, honest and the most hard-working crew we have ever met. We had such an amazing experience with WellCore that we would not hesitate to hire them again for any future projects and without any hesitation, recommend them to all our family and friends.

Thank you Vince, Alex, Nat and crew for a job well done!

Gilbert Gregorio from Toronto
Gilbert Gregorio from Toronto
1 review York, ON

Addition of Second Floor

We are very satisfied with the Second Floor addition project made by Wellcore headed by Alex, Nat and all the staff in-fact they exceeded our expectation. From the very start of the Project, they assist us in every step of the way special mention during our quest in terms of financial we are greatly pleased for their patient. I can call them as partners like a distant relative and Friends very Profesional, and they have a Great Team we enjoyed it I'm looking forward in working with them in our next project.

More about Wellcore Corporation

One General Contractor for the entire project Cycle. We are the team of the skilled professionals dedicated to provide reliable, financially comprehensible and quality trustworthy design and construction services throughout GTA. We are experienced with wide range of additions and new house construction. Since 2006, we accomplished simple rear house ...