Appliance Repair
45 Brisbane Road Toronto ON M3J 2K1
HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Toronto  >  FC Universal Ltd

Reviews for FC Universal Ltd

fraud

My washing machine broke a few months, I called this company so that they could fix it. The technician Eli asked for about 90 dollars and told me that I would need to order a new part for the machine. After one and half months of waiting, I decided to call them. They said that they could not find the part for my washing machine and they claim to have called me. I checked my miss calls no word from them. They wasted my time and my money. This was the WORST service I ever received. They did not give my money back as well. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Erin in North York
Erin in North York

Frauds

At the end of April 2018, we called FC UNIVERSAL to come and fix the heating element in our Samsung dryer. Our dryer is fairly new so purchasing a new one wasn’t needed. The technician ELI from the Vaughn location came and completed the repair. Part cost $85.00 and the labor was $265. However it is 2 months later and the exact same part is now needing to be replaced again. I contacted FC UNIVERSAL to inquire about someone coming to replace the part AGAIN, and I received a call back explaining that part warranty is only good for 30 days...
The customer service rep said that due to it being over the 30 days we would have to pay the exact same amount if we would like the part replaced. I have a copy of the invoice present and there is no indication of such policy and the other companies we have contacted state that it is usually a year for any warranty regarding parts per there policies and that anything less than would be result of FAULTY WORKMANSHIP or INACCURACY. Upon looking online there is numerous complaints of other customers having the exact same issue and that the parts being used are not original parts either. Pay attention and look up the rest of the company reviews, we have contacted the better business bureau for a thorough review of the company as well as legal action will be taken. Company is very fraudulent.

Patrick in Oakville
Patrick in Oakville

Dryer repair.

My wife called Oakville certified appliance and FC UNIVERSAL tech was dispatched to our home.
The repair man showed up on time and was very friendly in his approach. Once he heard the noise from the dryer he immediatly had an idea on the possible problem. He explained the cost involved and i gave him the ok to proceed. Within an hour, our LG dryer was reassembled and completely vacuumed inside. I strongly recommend FC Universal for any repairs to your appliances.

David in Toronto
David in Toronto

Company To Avoid

If your looking for a repair company who actually takes pride in their work and their customer service - this is not the place for you!!! I phoned North York appliance to repair my dryer and they sub-contracted it to another company. Denis repaired the thermal heating element (Not an original LG part) and it last 65 days before burning out again. I called the company to discuss my issues and concerns and a lady made numerous excuses and kept interrupting me and told me that they would not warrant the workmanship. I paid $271.20 for the repair. I had to get an authorized LG repairman to come and resolve my issues. As well, LG gave me the thermal fuse that was replaced by FC Universal as proof that is was not an original part. I am presently pursuing legal action as well as contacting the Toronto Star and the BB bureau.

Avoid

Called Bay St. Appliance Repair in Toronto based on location and good google reviews. I did not realize they would contract out to this company which I only discovered when handed my receipt. Technician opened my washing machine and declared the noise it was making was a broken motor and leaking transmission which could not be fixed and to buy a new machine. Service call lasted 5 min. His card machine asked me for a tip which I have never ever seen for this kind of service. I decided to get a second opinion and it turns out it can be fixed, there is nothing wrong with the motor. If I had trusted this company I would have spent thousands needlessly replacing my washer. Very unsatisfied!

Martin Raymond in Ottawa
Martin Raymond in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Do not make business with them

1-888-546-6253
45 Brisbane Road
Toronto
M3J 2K1

My 2 year old Whirlpool washing machine stopped working one night. I called this company and they sent me a technician the next day. After spending 5 min looking the main panel, he concluded that the issue was the motor board and it has to be replaced. The cost was 900$. He was then quite happy to quickly present me with his cash machine after spending no more then 10 minute at my house. I called another company the next day to have second opinion. The technician was really professional and the first thing he did was unplugging and re-plugging the washing machine. Guess what ? It started to work again. He then spent 60 minutes at my home to make sure it was working properly.

12345Qwert in Toronto
12345Qwert in Toronto

Good repair job

1-888-546-6253
45 Brisbane Road
Toronto
M3J 2K1

Washer pump was not working well. Avi came, took everything apart, called before doing any repairs and was done in 1.5 hours.
Great communication and fast service. Avi assured me that if any related problems reoccurred, they would be done free of charge.
I'd recommend Avi.

Ryan in Toronto
Ryan in Toronto

Dishwasher ‘Repair’

Called AAA Appliance Repair in Aurora, who sub contracted to FC, to fix a 2 year old dishwasher that wasn’t cleaning dishes or drying them. After an hour and a half of working, the technician said the motor was gone. It would cost $550 for parts and labour. The dishwasher cost $600. I told him to put the dishwasher back, and leave immediately. After he left, I realized the latch now no longer worked. Please please do not use this company. They are unethical

1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Poor service and over priced

Paid 250 plus tax but did not identify or resolve problem with fridge. Ice maker which worked perfectly before suddenly stopped working after re-assembly. Service man came back and got ice maker working again, but after all that nothing was fixed and it cost me 250 plus tax.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Dishwasher repair

Dishwasher repair: My 2 year old son sat on the door, breaking a washer in the door.

When the repair person came, he insisted it was an installation error and left telling me to contact them if it didn't work.

I emailed within 12 hours, and over subsequent months. They would not come unless I paid for another service call (even though the first call did nothing).

Definitely DO NOT call them: they are rude, not useful and unprofessional.