FC Universal Ltd

Reviews for FC Universal Ltd

Patrick in Oakville
Patrick in Oakville

Dryer repair.

My wife called Oakville certified appliance and FC UNIVERSAL tech was dispatched to our home.
The repair man showed up on time and was very friendly in his approach. Once he heard the noise from the dryer he immediatly had an idea on the possible problem. He explained the cost involved and i gave him the ok to proceed. Within an hour, our LG dryer was reassembled and completely vacuumed inside. I strongly recommend FC Universal for any repairs to your appliances.

David in Toronto
David in Toronto

Company To Avoid

If your looking for a repair company who actually takes pride in their work and their customer service - this is not the place for you!!! I phoned North York appliance to repair my dryer and they sub-contracted it to another company. Denis repaired the thermal heating element (Not an original LG part) and it last 65 days before burning out again. I called the company to discuss my issues and concerns and a lady made numerous excuses and kept interrupting me and told me that they would not warrant the workmanship. I paid $271.20 for the repair. I had to get an authorized LG repairman to come and resolve my issues. As well, LG gave me the thermal fuse that was replaced by FC Universal as proof that is was not an original part. I am presently pursuing legal action as well as contacting the Toronto Star and the BB bureau.

Avoid

Called Bay St. Appliance Repair in Toronto based on location and good google reviews. I did not realize they would contract out to this company which I only discovered when handed my receipt. Technician opened my washing machine and declared the noise it was making was a broken motor and leaking transmission which could not be fixed and to buy a new machine. Service call lasted 5 min. His card machine asked me for a tip which I have never ever seen for this kind of service. I decided to get a second opinion and it turns out it can be fixed, there is nothing wrong with the motor. If I had trusted this company I would have spent thousands needlessly replacing my washer. Very unsatisfied!

Martin Raymond in Ottawa
Martin Raymond in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Do not make business with them

My 2 year old Whirlpool washing machine stopped working one night. I called this company and they sent me a technician the next day. After spending 5 min looking the main panel, he concluded that the issue was the motor board and it has to be replaced. The cost was 900$. He was then quite happy to quickly present me with his cash machine after spending no more then 10 minute at my house. I called another company the next day to have second opinion. The technician was really professional and the first thing he did was unplugging and re-plugging the washing machine. Guess what ? It started to work again. He then spent 60 minutes at my home to make sure it was working properly.

12345Qwert in Toronto
12345Qwert in Toronto

Good repair job

Washer pump was not working well. Avi came, took everything apart, called before doing any repairs and was done in 1.5 hours.
Great communication and fast service. Avi assured me that if any related problems reoccurred, they would be done free of charge.
I'd recommend Avi.

Ryan in Toronto
Ryan in Toronto

Dishwasher ‘Repair’

Called AAA Appliance Repair in Aurora, who sub contracted to FC, to fix a 2 year old dishwasher that wasn’t cleaning dishes or drying them. After an hour and a half of working, the technician said the motor was gone. It would cost $550 for parts and labour. The dishwasher cost $600. I told him to put the dishwasher back, and leave immediately. After he left, I realized the latch now no longer worked. Please please do not use this company. They are unethical

1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Poor service and over priced

Paid 250 plus tax but did not identify or resolve problem with fridge. Ice maker which worked perfectly before suddenly stopped working after re-assembly. Service man came back and got ice maker working again, but after all that nothing was fixed and it cost me 250 plus tax.

Dishwasher repair

Dishwasher repair: My 2 year old son sat on the door, breaking a washer in the door.

When the repair person came, he insisted it was an installation error and left telling me to contact them if it didn't work.

I emailed within 12 hours, and over subsequent months. They would not come unless I paid for another service call (even though the first call did nothing).

Definitely DO NOT call them: they are rude, not useful and unprofessional.

Washer repair

Do not hire this company. I called an appliance company who sub-contracted to FC Universal. I paid $75 for nothing. I had a problem with soap dispenser on washer where detergent and water wasn't emptying. Technician took machine apart and couldn't find a problem and then he proceeded to check You Tube for a solution. He then told me it must be the little cup in the dispenser unit that needs replacing. I asked if he thought it might have anything to do with washer not being level and he didn't so. So I ordered a replacement cup. Of course I had the exact same problem. I realized the water wasn't siphoning out of the cup so I tried raising the front of the front of the washer slightly so that the water would siphon and Voila! Fixed! What a waste of time and money it was calling this company.

1 review Milton, ON

The worst company ---do not hire them or anyone from FC

If your looking for a repair company who actually takes pride in their work and their customer service - this is not the place for you!!! Not only do they promise a 75 dollar fee for a estimate -the visit will take 20 mins and You will get charge around 226. And when questioned as to why, they will give you the run around. The amount of excuses is we received is rediuclus . When we you call to discuss your issues and concerns you get a lady who interrupts you time you try to speak.- when you ask to speak to their manager( who is never presented at even normal business hours) you get told he'll call you back.... now when the manager( who is the rudest man I have ever deault) calls you back he also interrupts and doesn't really care what you have to say or even try to fix it. And at on point will even say " do I need to speak slower for you to understand" ..if I wasn't mad before that comment that set me over the edge. I'm glad we are only out this amount, and every person I speak to will be hearing about this experience. Thank you FC universal ltd for the worst experience and customer service I have ever deault with !