We hired Renos Group to renovate our basement this past summer. (Removing some existing walls, rewiring, new ceiling and flooring, redoing bathroom and creating new storage areas) When still at the stage of getting estimates and coming up with design options, I was first attracted to Renos Group because of the usability of their website through which I could quickly book an appointment for an estimate.
Though their costs were slightly higher than some of the other contractors we met with, we decided to go with Renos Group for several reasons:
• We liked Keith’s friendly, confident yet easy going attitude.
• We liked the very detailed estimate Keith gave us, clearly outlining both the administrative, labour and material costs as well as the amount of time required for each area/section of the project to be completed
• They were insured and the work was fully guaranteed.
• We appreciated the company’s flexibility in allowing us do some of the work (such as painting) ourselves; to purchase some of the materials ourselves when we could get them at a discount; and to modify our plans a couple of times once the project got underway. All of this helped us to save on costs in the long run.
Once the work began, there were of course some issues that cropped up. At times, some of the workers didn’t turn up as expected and at times reaching Keith was difficult. But, we found most of the crew to be courteous, dedicated, trustworthy and reliable. I had no issues leaving them alone in our home while I attended to other things. One of the workers, Adel, was especially professional, often coming early and not leaving until a particular job was done to his satisfaction, making up for the shortcomings of some of the others. Despite the minor glitches, the basement was completed pretty much on schedule and Keith provided us with updated quotes whenever some of the plans or choice of materials changed. He would not accept final payment until all of the work was completed to the last detail.
We are very pleased with our final, finished basement and recommend Renos Group for home renovation projects.
- Approximate cost of services:
- Company Response
Wow the level of detail in this review is outstanding. Thank you very much for taking the time to write it. Adel was very happy to see his name in there :-)