Dickies Services

Calgary AB T2A3H2

Reviews for Dickies Services

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

furnace repair

My furnace stopped working during the coldest days this February 2021. I called several companies, but Dickies was the only one that could come out the same day. They replaced the motor in the furnace. It worked for 8 hours (but the gas was cycling on and off erratically the whole time), and it stopped working again (at 8 in the evening).
Another repair company came out next day - they found that it was the wrong motor that was used to 'fix' the problem - a belt drive motor, and my furnace needed a direct drive. The belt drive spins at only 600 RPM, and the proper motor spins at over 1000 RPM. This is necessary to keep the furnace cool enough to keep the gas burning - that explains the erratic cycling of the gas in the furnace with the wrong motor installed.
Once the proper motor was installed, it works perfectly.

I called the technician back, he insisted he put in the right motor, and made no effort to re-imburse me for the wrong one. The second company also indicated that the computer and all other components inside the furnace could have been destroyed from the excess heat - so I was actually lucky it stopped working after the 8 hours!!!

I will never use this company for any work again.

Private User reviews Simcoe County, ON

Facial siding

Worst company in the entire world!!!!! Gave him the money to do the work and he didn't even show up to complete it. Kept telling us that he was getting the supplies but never called us about anything!!!! Completely disappointed!!!! Never hire this ridiculous company!!!!! We absolutely hate the fact that they took our money and had no intention of following through with the work!!

Carolyn from Calgary
Carolyn from Calgary

Plumbing

I have used Justin 3 times now for plumbing. He is reliable and thorough and takes the time to explain what the issue is. He is accommodating and his prices are fair. I would happily recommend him!

Asim R. from Calgary
Asim R. from Calgary

Home update and upgrade

The team at Dickies Services was very helpful and respectable towards my family and I. We added special power plugs for water safety, did some electrical panel work, and powered up my garage! We are very satisfied with Dickies and highly recommend them to family and friends! Thx Dickies.

not happy from Calgary
not happy from Calgary

plumbing and electrical

This guy does very poor work. Emphasizes on permits and doesn't even pass. Shows up when he feels like it and is not professional at all. Had to hire someone else to finish and fix his work.

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Calgary?