Floor Laying & Refinishing

Reviews for Bull Tough Flooring Ltd

Janet in Calgary
Janet in Calgary

Living Room Renovation

Ky was great to work with. I contacted him after researching on Google when I was debating between refinishing vs installing new flooring. He assured me that my hardwood floor was in good condition and could be refinished and took the time to explain as he is very knowledgeable. He did a visit to assess the flooring and we agreed on what needed to be done. He was also flexible with my schedule and quoted lower than other contractors. I am very happy with the results and the floor looks amazing. Thanks Ky and the rest of the team at Bull Tough Flooring Ltd.

Thanks Janet. It would have been a shame to do anything less that refinish your hardwood floor because you have the material already installed in your house. It will always be a better option to refinish over replacing your floor. With your floor, the grey tone we went with is the best colour for that wood. Just keep on top of the maintenance and your floor will last you a lifetime !!

stefandwall
stefandwall
0 reviews Beaverton, OR

Orginal 1990s Hardwood Refinished

I would highly recommend working with the Bull Tough Flooring team. The owner Kayum was very knowledgeable about the type of floor we had and provided great recommendations for what we could.. The stain that he suggested for our maple floor was FANTASTIC! Not only did Bull Tough Flooring provide the best price (almost $1000 cheaper than some other quotes), but they were able to do all the work in one day versus the three that other hardwood re-finishers all quoted (and high quality work at that). I had got quotes from about 5 other flooring experts and none of them answered as many questions or gave me as much service offerings as Bull Tough. All of the large gashes, gaps and wear from our original 90s floor are gone!

Thanks Stefan. The maple floor in your house is a great wood to work with and if the work is done correctly any colour should look good however when we stain them the with the grey mixed we used for you, they always turn out amazing .... especially when we finish it with an ultra low shine finish. I'm glad we were able to keep the price within your budget. Because we're specialists in this field, I knew we could complete the work in one day hence the great price. Just remember to follow the maintenance instructions and your floor will last you a very long time. Thanks Ky

karen.e.lowry68
karen.e.lowry68

House Reno

Very efficient! The communication was amazing. We would highly recommend Bull tough flooring. The house has a whole new vibe to it.

I'm glad we were able to turn this floor around. Its been a while since we sanded a floor this aggressively, but we got it done and manage to leave some wood on the floor ;) As long as you follow the floor maintenance guide, this floor should give you at least another decade. Thanks Ky

fiveolsons
fiveolsons

Floor Reno

We moved into an older home that had been partially renovated. We wanted to extend the hardwood into the remaining rooms on the main floor. This required matching the hardwood and stain. We got 4 different quotes. Bull Tough Flooring had competitive pricing, and was by far the most knowledgeable. The service was great before, during, and after. Employees were friendly, courteous, and keep things clean. Ky even took care of finding a company to do the demo and prep work for us as we were out of town. Excellent service, excellent knowledge, excellent people all equal a fabulous experience for us. We would highly recommend Bull Tough Flooring.

Thanks for the great review Melissa, it's much appreciated. It's always nice to hear that our expertise in this field is the reason people choose to use us. Matt, Andrew and myself really enjoyed working on your project, installing a new floor to match the existing floor is the type of project we love to do. After the old sub-floor was prepped we installed a new sub-floor before installing the solid maple hardwood down and then finishing it to match. There's lots going on with a project which is what makes it sugh a fun job to work on. We hope you love the floor as much as we do !

Luis in Toronto
Luis in Toronto

Excellent Professionals

My wife and I want to thank you very much for your great job, quality, performance and your professionalism showing while working here at home. I can tell a potenial customer, your excellent abilities to perform a good job as well as your collaboration and team effort to make a customer happy. Price was very fair. We wish you the best in your business and hopefully, we may have another opportunity again to meet you guys,

Thanks Luis, I'm glad we were able to help you out and get things taken care of on time. Just remember ... don't push your fridge across your hardwood floor ;)

Julie in Calgary
Julie in Calgary

Project

Our hardwood floor was looking really dull and worn. I called Ky at Bull Tough flooring to determine if our floor needed re-finishing, etc. Ky was very professional, knowledgeable, honest, and timely and did not try to sell us what we didn’t need. His recommendation worked out perfectly. For any additional flooring needs we will certainly be calling Ky at Bull Tough Flooring. Thank you for your superior service!!!

Thanks Julie ... Im glad my advice was able to help you achieve what you were looking for ... it's very rare for a customer to be able ro "fix" their own floor ... luckily for you ... your floor just required a thorough clean with the correct cleaning process and products. Ky

Jody O.
Jody O.

Hardwood Floor Refinishing

Professional company! Stuck to original price that was quoted after a jobsite initial assessment. Great price-based on the square footage. I was given various options to perfect my hardwood. They were fast, surprisingly clean, and the workmanship was excellent! My floors look brand new! Better than when first installed. I received detailed instructions prior to the job and very detailed “Post Care” instructions. I would highly recommend this company. They respond to inquiries very fast as well! Some other companies lost my business because they responded a week later or not at all! So happy I found Bulltough! Ky is a gem!

Thanks Jody ... it was a great floor to work on. Wide plank barnwood hardwood floors aren't that common so it was a pleasure to see the floor after we finished our work. Follow the care maintenance instructions and your floor will last forever. Ky

RenoFun
RenoFun

Home renovation

Ky and his team installed our engineered hardwood floors as part of a broader home renovation.

From the first phone call I had with Ky, I knew he would do the job right. Asked a ton of questions about the work, gave me things to think about and consider, and then arranged a time to come out and take a look.

Estimate was competitive (he was even able to source the exact floor we wanted directly from supplier/manufacturer) and he was upfront about the installation process, timeline and requirements.

The work Bull Tough did was top notch and included some intricate details on an open staircase - we are still in Reno mode so haven’t had many people over however all trades who come on site have complimented the work.

Would highly recommend Ky and Bull Tough to anyone looking for floor install.

Thanks Laura. Yes, they were a tricky set of stairs to install but we love a challenge. As long as you look after the floor properly it'll last you a long time and stay looking beautiful.

PDJ
PDJ

Hardwood repair and restoration

Ky and his guys must be the coolest floor company out there! Ky is a bull-rider and has his sights set on being a world champion. At first, the bull-riding seems somewhat incongruous with Ky’s polite British accent, but a brief visit with him reveals that the grit and determination that is behind his bull-riding is what makes him an excellent contractor. The love and dedication that he has for his dream is evident in his company name (Bull Tough Flooring) and even in the custom Western belt buckles worn by his crew! What a quintessentially Calgary-styled business. This drive for excellence is evident in the way Ky manages his company. He is considerate and well-spoken, and demands that his crew be clean-shaven, clean, and polite—and they are.

As to the quality of the work, we could not be happier. Our floor was a disaster: it was pre-finished Birch and had been water damaged by a faulty dishwasher over 14 years ago. We never bothered fixing it because we thought the only solution was to replace the entire floor. But in a mere two days, Bull Tough Flooring sanded our entire kitchen, living room, and office (approximately 700 SF), removed and replaced the damaged areas, and re-stained and sealed it. This was all done for less than half the cost to replace the floor entirely. It looks better than it ever looked, as it is now a beautiful site-finished product. I only wish we had found Ky sooner so that we could enjoy our new floor longer before we move!

Wow ... Nicole ... this is the best review we've ever had. You've totally hit the nail on the head ... I'm very passionate for living a full and rewarding life. Working with hardwood floors is my work passion and I'm glad my desire to achieve big goals shows in our work and demeanor. I hope we can work again in the future.

Jeff
Jeff

Parkhill Project

Ky and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with, they showed up everyday they said they would, worked late if they had to and followed through on their promise to give us a beautiful floor. We could not be happier and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to have hardwood installed or refinished.

Thank you Ky!!

Thanks Jeff .... this is the 3rd project we've done for you and likewise ... it's always a pleasure working with you because you manage your job sites properly and always have everything ready to go for us, it makes it much easier for us to deliver our service to the highest standards. We'll see you on the next one. Thanks Ky

More about Bull Tough Flooring Ltd

Hi, my name is Ky and here is a quick bio of Bull Tough Flooring Ltd.

I started this company by sanding floors at the weekend and evenings. When the time was right I decided to go solo and start my own company. I started at the bottom with no experience apart from what I'd learned on myself on jobsites. That was the beginning and after years of training here we are ... a small company of 3 people totally dedicated to being the best small company in our field.

Our field specifically being ... the installation and finishing of site-finished floors, also known as "real" or "solid" hardwood. This includes stairs and the refinishing of any type of hardwood floor.

We've always kept things simple. Customers choose us because we're so easy to work with. The first phone call is all you need to make.

Feel free to contact us with your questions.

Ky