Bull Tough Flooring Ltd

Calgary AB T2M 4L5
HomeStars  >  Floor Laying & Refinishing in Calgary  >  Bull Tough Flooring Ltd

Reviews for Bull Tough Flooring Ltd

HomeStars in Calgary

Ky and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with, they showed up everyday they said they would, worked late if they had to and followed through on their promise to give us a beautiful floor. We could not be happier and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to have hardwood installed or refinished.

Thank you Ky!!

Thanks Jeff .... this is the 3rd project we've done for you and likewise ... it's always a pleasure working with you because you manage your job sites properly and always have everything ready to go for us, it makes it much easier for us to deliver our service to the highest standards. We'll see you on the next one. Thanks Ky

Jaime

I booked with this company because of their high score on home stars and I wasn't disappointed. Ky and I had a great initial chat and I had a very reasonable quote from him. They came and did the work in one very long day and I'm very happy with the results. It went from an original yellowy colour to a very nice light grey, would highly recommend these guys!

Thanks Jaime ... you chose a great colour. We haven't used that one much but it's definitely one I'll be showing new customers. The oak you have in your house is a great wood to stain because also allows the natural variations in wood colour come through into the final product. We're really happy with that floor ! :)

The guys came and under very tight timelines they did an amazing job. I would recommend their work and customer service. The price I was quoted was the price I paid.

Thanks Michael ... we love a challenge. I'm glad we were able to get it done right on time for you. Ky

Jennifer L from Calgary

It’s an absolute pleasure to write a review for Bull Tough Flooring. Truly, exceptional service.

I bought a new home that had been tiled where hardwood should have been, which looked terrible. A friend recommended Bull Tough. I called and talked to the owner Kayum. He came by to give me a quote and I was quite impressed with his passion for his work.

From initial contact through to job completion they were professional in approach, friendly, provided excellent service with top tier work and they paid attention to all the details. Bull Tough is definitely a company that takes pride in what they do.

My friends and family have all commented on the workmanship and how great my floors look. You can't see any difference in where the older floors start and the new floors begin. Because of their superb quality of workmanship I have had them back to do a another hardwood installation and would never consider hiring any other company.

I highly recommend Bull Tough Hardwood Flooring to anyone considering new hardwood floors or refinishing.

Thank you for a a great, high quality job.
Jennifer L.

HomeStars in Toronto

My husband and I are extremely pleased with the professional work done by Ky and his staff. He obliged us by breaking up job into 2 sections so that we could access our home and not have to board our pet.

Ky was able to repair a badly damaged area of floor in our living room including severe scratches that were made by a furniture delivery company.

Matt and Brendan were extremely pleasant and efficient .

Just a further note, before proceeding with this job I had interviewed and received quotes from several companies. I went with Ky based on his knowledge and assurances we would be completely happy with the job. I would not hesitate to recommend Bull Tough Flooring to family and friends.

Teryl Leslie

Thanks Teryl, you were also a great customer. You had the floor already prepped and ready to go which makes our life a lot easier. I'm glad we were able to repair the damaged areas without having to remove floor boards and the colour you decided to go with is a perfect match for your current colour scheme.

Denise Vaile in Calgary

What you are promised and what you receive are at opposite ends of the spectrum. You are adamantly promised perfection and and you receive defecti0n. You are told you can pick your color and varnish finish on site but in fact are told on site what they will do. You are promised entire floor will be filled and sanded and finished with 3 coats of heavy duty varnish with sanding in between. The filling is hap hazard and not complete, the sanding is not done in between and I'm quite sure there was only 2 light coats of varnish. The time frame work was done was proof of that. During process of work being done, any comments from me in clarifying work getting done was met with with anger. I was promised that work could be accomplished so quickly because of 3 experienced men but in fact the main one was there but couldn't work as he just had shoulder surgery. I was promised they wouldn't leave or expect pay until all was perfect and finished and then he tried to leave while floor was soaking wet. After work was done there were numerous spots where the varnish had blistered and knot holes left unfilled. I am worried there is not enough finish on the floor and shortly down the road, it will need redoing.

Hi Denise,
We are sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. We must bring light to the fact that your review is factually incorrect and contains many false or misleading statements. For example, "You are told you can pick your color and varnish finish on site but in fact are told on site what they will do". This is a false statement. We would never stain a floor any colour other than what the customer has asked for and agreed to. We did stain samples on your floor which you approved.

One of the ways we ensure complete customer satisfaction is by not receiving any payment until the work is completed to the satisfaction of our valued customer. Our company prides itself on providing the highest quality of flooring to all of our customers and so we specifically use the National Hardwood Flooring Association standards and guidelines to ensure our customers are guaranteed to have the best final product possible. Before we left your property the floor was fully dried and you were able to inspect every square inch. Upon completion of your floor you got on your hands and knees and purposefully looked for minor imperfections in the floor, and all the minor issues you brought to our attention were corrected (even though they were considered acceptable flaws according to the NWFA guidelines we adhere to). You paid us in full stating you were "very happy" and the job was "excellent".

That was why we were surprised when you emailed us back a week later telling us you were completely unhappy. You wanted us to come out again to fix other minor imperfections that you had since found (again, considered expected and acceptable by industry standards). Even though it is not our policy to return to fix minor, industry accepted flaws, we offered to come out to take care of them because we're a customer focused business. Instead of accepting our goodwill gesture to return to correct the minor flaws you found, you continued in communicating with abusive language personally attacking myself and my staff. Because we do not tolerate the mistreatment of our staff we retracted our goodwill gesture to return and will now only return when you can provide us with a certificate from a flooring inspector stating a problem with the floor as per standard industry practice. We have even offered in writing to pay for the flooring inspector if there is an issue we need to address, and you have chosen to decline this offer.

Again, we are sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations but must make it clear that we have done everything in our power to provide you with the best of our abilities. The offer still stands that we will pay for the inspection and correct any faults that can be certified by an official flooring inspector.

Please refer back to our email communications for the details that we sent you on how to contact a certified flooring inspector.
Regards,
Ky

Alice in Calgary

Ky and his team from Bull Tough Flooring were exceptional in performing a complete refinishing of our hardwood floor. There were many scratches from our dog’s paws and minor damage here and there from dropping things and major water spills. Ky was very professional throughout the entire process from providing an initial estimate, scheduling the work and doing exactly what he said would be done, completing the job ahead of schedule and cleaning everything up. He made sure that we were totally satisfied with the work that was done. We would not hesitate to recommend Ky and his team to install or refinish any hardwood floor.

Thanks Alice. I'm glad you went with my suggestion of having the floor finished with a natural finish. Because you're selling the house, the lighter colored floor will be much more appealing to the largest audience. All the best with your house sale. Thanks Ky

Happy c.

Fabulous company. Personalized and very personable service - a truly nice crew. Quick, extremely efficient yet paid attention to every detail. All questions were promptly answered. Super reliable. What more could we have asked for? Thank you Ky, Rachel and Brennan for a great job done! We love our new floors on the two levels and the steps (a big job)!!! Very happy to recommend your company to others.

Thanks Gerald .... what a great project this was for us to work on. Walnut is a beautiful wood and always turns out amazing. Refinishing the stairs was a challenge in the heat we had to deal with ... it must have got up to 40 degrees. Just remember to following the maintenance instructions and it'll be a long time before you have to call us back for a maintenance coat. Enjoy. Ky

Paul D.

We just purchased a house with hardwood floors. They were yellowed and needed finishing. Bull Tough Flooring Ltd was recommended to us. We were impressed that we did not have to pay anything in advance and payment would not be required until we were happy with the job. The quality of the work was very impressive and we were 100% satisfied with the work.
The work was completed exactly when promised and the cost was exactly what was quoted

Thanks Paul ... it was pleasure. It took a bit of extra sanding to get your floor totally flat but it was worth the effort. The large open window you have facing west let's in lots of light ... and with the satin finish we used for the final coat... I'm really happy with the way it turned out ... it looks awesome.

Jessica

Ky was very professional throughout the entire process - when asked originally he gave me a ballpark estimate based on the size of my home to allow me to determine my budget. When he arrived at my home, he measured and gave me a full estimate (less than his ballpark). He arrived promptly, was honest, straightforward and thorough, answering all my questions and concerns before scheduling the work.
The floors look fantastic, the house was left clean and tidy, and he left me with a comprehensive guide to maintaining the beautiful condition of my floors. Would definitely work with this company again!

Thanks Jessica ... I absolutely love this type of sand job. The challenge of bringing these old floors back to life is what keeps me going strong. I'm so glad you're happy with the final product and service ... it's always our goal to deliver the best experience to our customers. Your floor is now good to go for a very long time now if you keep up with the maintemance. Any questions... you always know you can call me. Thanks Ky

More about Bull Tough Flooring Ltd

Hi, my name is Ky and here is a quick bio of Bull Tough Flooring Ltd.

I started this company by sanding floors at the weekend and evenings. When the time was right I decided to go solo and start my own company. I started at the bottom with no experience apart from what I'd learned on myself on jobsites. That was the beginning and after years of training here we are ... a small company of 3 people totally dedicated to being the best small company in our field.

Our field specifically being ... the installation and finishing of site-finished floors, also known as "real" or "solid" hardwood. This includes stairs and the refinishing of any type of hardwood floor.

We've always kept things simple. Customers choose us because we're so easy to work with. The first phone call is all you need to make.

Feel free to contact us with your questions.

Ky