The Foundation Guys Inc

Reviews for The Foundation Guys Inc

Eric B
Eric B
1 review Ottawa, ON

Not in a hurry to refubd our deposit

Paid a deposit of over $30,000 for a settling job in June 2020. Job got cancelled. Owner agreed to pay us back in full. Received $10,000.00 in September 2020. Since then, nothing. Owner doesn't answer our calls or emails. Be very carefull with them. Salesnan very good to get you to put a deposit down but not quick to refund you.

Sometimes a little extra detail explains the situation more clearly. To shed some light on the situation, the job was not cancelled by The Foundation Guys, the client cancelled 3 days before the job was supposed to start, after more than $30,000 in products were ordered expressly for this particular job, and the products were specific to the project. Legally speaking, The Foundation Guys could have kept the entire deposit but we are a company with a heart, even when a situation causes us direct harm. It was agreed that $10,000 would be refunded in September, with the balance to be repaid as the products for this project would hopefully be sold to other clients with the exact same needs. Being so specific to that project, the products are still on pallets in the warehouse awaiting a customer with the exact same needs. We pride ourselves on our honesty and integrity, and despite a contract having been signed by the client mandating us to order project specific products at great cost to us, which was subsequently renegged upon, we still intend to issue the refund but at this point, patience is of the utmost importance and it is essential to be reasonable.

rbw6902 in Ottawa
rbw6902 in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Repair sinking footing

Skilled and professional workmanship.
All concerns we had were addressed honestly and professionally.
Crew were friendly and conscientious.
We had two other quotes for the work.
The Foundation Guys were by far the best value for the cost.

Great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with us. It was a pleasure working with you.

Kind Regards,

marcus.s in Ottawa
marcus.s in Ottawa

Foundation Repair

I'm a young and inexperienced homeowner who was very nervous about handling a severe foundation issue with my house. I went with The Foundation Guys based on their reviews, and I'm glad that I did.

Michelle was one of the kindest and most attentive project coordinators I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with. I had some logistical issues with regards to payment, and she and Jerry, the owner, were very accommodating.

There was an unforeseen problem, and Jerry came to the house to personally rectify the situation and make sure that I was satisfied. Mike, one of the installers, did a fantastic job of keeping me up to speed at every stage of the project, which I really appreciated.

All in all it was a great experience, and I'd recommend The Foundation Guys to anyone.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Marcus! You were very understanding and kind. It was a real pleasure working with you.

Jerry & Michelle

Tara in Nepean
Tara in Nepean
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

House Sinking & Foundation Repair - Awesome Service!!

As a new and inexperienced homeowner, finding a large crack that had formed in my house was stressful. The incredible team at the Foundation Guys reduced this stress greatly! From the initial quote to the completion of the project, I was consistently provided with timely, professional and personalized service from the office staff, production team and owner. I especially appreciated the efforts made at each stage to explain the repairs being done by sharing their years of knowledge with patience and in an easy-to-understand manner.

The high quality service I received was truly impressive! They went above and beyond by ensuring any concerns I might have were fully addressed; being friendly and respectful to my neighbours; leaving the site clean, organized and safe at the end of each day; and helping out in thoughtful ways such as bringing in my green bin, garbage can and recycling box from the curb without ever being asked.

I always felt confident they knew what they were doing and that they cared about me as a client. Overall, this was very positive experience. I highly recommend the Foundation Guys!

Happy c.
Happy c.
0 reviews Merrickville, ON

Crawl space insulation

Crew was friendly and even though my crawl space was a tough one to do. I am happy with the service Jerry and his team provided.

Thank you for your feedback!! Glad we were able to help!!

The Foundation Guys Inc.

ctanner8787
ctanner8787
1 review , ON

Basement waterproofing

We had the Foundation Guys waterproof the inside of our basement as well as add a Triple Safe sump pump system. The work was done on time, on budget, and they did a great job of cleaning up after the fact. An outstanding company that we would gladly use again.

We are happy that you had a great experience with us!

The Foundation Guys Inc.

Matt McG in Ottawa
Matt McG in Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Interior foundation repair by THE best

In February 2019 our basement flooded, nearly two years after another foundation repair company came in to fix the flooding we had in our basement in June 2017. The other foundation repair company did a poor job, and we needed/wanted another (better) company to come in.

We called The Foundation Guys, and the entire experience was exceptional. Denis, the sales rep, was outstanding, professional, friendly, and reassuring. He provided an exceptional consultation, the quote was fairly priced, and the work guaranteed (which was a big deal for us).

The crew were amazing, ripping out the shoddy work from 2017, finishing two out of four foundation walls with a rubber membrane (vapour barrier), flow guard, flow shield, roughly 20 epoxy stitches for the cracks in our cinderblock foundation, a new cast-iron sump pump, industrial plastic sump-pump well, and water access hatches. All of this in 1.5 days of work; incredible!

Since then, our basement has been water-tight, dry-as-a-bone, and we've been able to sleep at night confident that whenever it rains, we don't have to fear anything leaking into the basement. We ended up paying a little extra, but it bought us peace of mind from an incredible, professional crew, which I can't put a price on.

Hi Matt, I apologize for the late response! I am glad you had an awesome experience in which we take pride in! We were happy to work with you!

The Foundation guys Inc.

3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Interior drainage system , great job

The Foundation guys were fantastic from the very start. We recieved quotes from a few companies and they all reccomend and interior drainage system for our issue.

The foundation guys stood out and explained what they were going to do in depth.

The work completed was fantastic, the crew that was over was extremely professional and kept us updated every step of the way. They attempted their best to keep the dust low and area clean ( of course heavy construction comes with dust) and I was extremely satisfied with their attempt.

I would reccomend this company , especially the foreman we had working on our project.

I look forward to seeing the drainage system work, long term will tell on this aspect.

John from Ottawa
John from Ottawa

Outside wall Foundation repair

Our home is beautiful again! One of the outside wall was an absolute mess and Dana came and fixed it. He worked diligently with great attention to detail and what a quality job he did. Thank you Gerald and Dana!!
From John and Louise

Thank you so much John and Louise! We will let Dana know your appreciation, he will be quite happy with this feedback.

The Foundation Guys inc

Jeff H.
Jeff H.

Basement repair

When we had a catastrophic flood in our basement (which include our entire basement floor heaving into 2 pieces) I wanted a permanent solution. I called several companies, but it was the Foundation Guys that gave the only option that made sense.

Other contractors quoted the same or higher price with no long term solution for the problem. In other words, we could spend a lot of money to fix it, only to have it happen again and again.

The Foundation Guys installed a system that gave us peace of mind. They did exactly what they said they would do, when they said they would do it, which meant a lot to me.

We have since had another abnormal rain event and the system kicked in and we avoided another catatrohpe. My stress is gone!

The entire process was explained in detail from the first meeting and any changes were communicated clearly along the way.

If you want a permanent solution to flooding, I would highly recommend The Foundation Guys.

We are happy that you are now worry-free!

Thank you for your wonderful comment Jeff!!!

Kind Regards,

Michelle Sirois
The Foundation Guys inc

More about The Foundation Guys Inc

The Foundation Guys have been an industry leader in foundation repairs and waterproofing since 1978. As part of the international Foundation Supportworks and Basement Systems network, we have top of the line products and training to ensure that all of our work is completed to the highest standards. We pride ourselves on working with all of our customers to ensure that they fully understand the work being done, and are completely satisfied with the results. Your foundation is a crucial part of your family’s comfort and safety. If you’re looking for a local foundation contractor in Ontario, you’ve come to the right place.

High quality Foundation repair and waterproofing service. At The Foundation Guys, we have over 40 years experience in foundation repair, basement waterproofing, and masonry restoration using the most advanced products and techniques. We educate our clients and encourage them to research the work being done on their home. We are always committed to a job well done and deliver value, honesty, and master craftsmanship. You can trust us to expertly service all of your foundation needs.