Sina Deck Staining

Reviews for Sina Deck Staining

SHANNON
SHANNON

Deck Staining

Please Stay Away!!! As you can easily tell from other reviews, this owner is extremely dishonest. My mother unfortunately fell for his trap too. Took the money up front and then did not show up for the job after only power washing the deck. After multiple calls to come back and complete the job, he eventually said my parents breached the contract in multiple ways that he could not explain in the email and wanted to issue 30% back as a final refund. My poor mom agreed to his comment about no legal action taken if refund is provided. I called him yesterday to discuss the project and meet with him. Minutes later, he then sends an email to my mom stating criminal harrassment "Today your son called me, i had warned you before that any communication contact by you or your family members will be considered harassment". It's obvious he has done this in the past and will continue to dupe clients. Hope this message helps other clients from getting into business with him. Extremely dissappointed that he stays in business with his continued behavior.

Shannon, we have never met and you are not part of the agreement. Your mother breached the agreement many times and we had the right to cancel. She even asked us to buy different stain colour after we had already bought the stain. Once the stain is bought, it is mixed to make the colour and cannot be returned. We canceled the agreement and your mother received the refund we agreed.

TayRowe in North York
TayRowe in North York

HORRIBLE COMPANY

STAY AWAY! If I could give this 0 stars I would. The owner is extremely dishonest. I made the unfortunate decision to hire them a few months ago for renovations. At first he acted really friendly (in retrospect, I believe he wanted to gain my trust as he asked for a big downpayment which I gave him), then after he had most of the money he kept on delaying things. He would make excuses for not showing up; ask for more money for simple items even though the contract already set out the (lower) price; and he would do very poor work. I feel like he took advantage of my trust, and he never even finished the job I paid him thousands for. I just hope others don't make the same mistake I did.

You are either a competitor or someone that hates me. We never did any business with you and we don’t even know who you are.

If you are trying to hurt my business with fake reviews may God hurt you, that’s all i can say

Marco in Toronto
Marco in Toronto

Deck Staining

Sina wasn't honest with me. He only did one coat, got stains on the house, and disappeared. He didn't own up to his mistakes. I am warning all that you may get jammed with this guy. I will never use him again.

Can you please provide your full name, I am not sure if we know each other.
You may call us to solve any issues you may have. Thanks

bathroom renovation

The contractor (Selim) took 95% of money upfront based on how he wrote the contract. After doing partial demolition, to my bathroom he left and began to make excuses, after excuses. 2 Months after, I had to seek another contractor to complete the job. I pleaded with him to return my money or complete the job. After job was completed by another contractor, he now decides he is going to complete the bathroom. Too late, I have decided to take him to court. Beware of contractors coming to your home in the evenings to write contract and collect advance. Also do your reviews. Run from Selim!

This review must is fake, no name.

Kit Kat
Kit Kat

Deck Contractor paid in advance by Senior; "Warranteed" work not completed

Sina Home Improvements was contacted for wood deck repair work by my 89 year old Mother in July 2014. Salim, the owner, provided a quote as a 'Home Services Professional' . My trusting Mother, complied with his request and paid for the job in advance of the project believing Salim would complete the work as promised.

This was not the case.

The work did not commence until 45 days after the contract was signed, despite repeated calls. Once on site, Salim reduced the 3 year typed warranty - to two, in his handwriting, unbeknownst to my Mother.

The work was to include replacement of a number of deck boards, power washing, sanding, and 2 coats of deck stain - including her flower boxes - which were not touched. When contacted, Salim replied with excuses, empty promise and no show's . Sensing my Mother's frustration, I reached out to Salim recently and enquired (on behalf of my Mother) for an update of when he would return to complete her work.
Salim indicated as far as he was concerned, he was "done" and Sina Home Improvements would not be returning.

Sina Home Improvements willingly took money in advance from a trusting senior citizen.
Sina Home Improvements intentionally failed in its written promise to deliver service as contracted.
Sina Home Improvements did not complete the task outlined in their agreement.
Sina Home Improvements failed to honour their own warranty.

My Mother's deck, which she previously enjoyed is in a sorry state and she is out of pocket.

My advice:
While respecting and encouraging our beloved seniors wish for independence, family or close friends should always check out reviews on HomeStars before commencement of work. An extra set of eyes and ears goes a long way and can avoid grief down the road.

Salim's response (below) is nonsense.

The work was completed. After completion we were paid. I even replace at least 5 additional boards besides those agreed.

They were advised to replace all boards because their dek is very old and rotten. Even if you put 100 coats it will look the same.

Better put your name when you make a review so I know who is doing the review.

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

Deck staining & house painting

We hired Sina Deck Staining in the summer to stain our deck. They did excellent work. We hired same company recently to paint our entire house. They again did exactly what we expected. We would recommend Sina Deck Staining to anyone.

Daniel Marcocia in Toronto
Daniel Marcocia in Toronto

Deck refinishing

We hired Sina Deck Staining company last summer to stain our deck and they did great work. We would recommend this company to anyone that we know. We even signed up for 7 years maintenance package which they offer ...

Looking for Decks pros in Toronto?