Terry Rowley Mechanical

Reviews for Terry Rowley Mechanical

Gtown resident  in Milton
Gtown resident in Milton

Urgent furnace repair

Ten years ago my furnace stopped working and since I was new to Georgetown I didn’t know who to call. After calling different contractors not only was Terry Rowley Mechanical the first to respond but within 24 hours I had a new furnace.
This weekend (late Saturday night) a close family member was in the same situation and I could only think of one person to contact; Terry Rowley. Thank you for coming to our rescue not once but twice!

Watkins Family in Milton
Watkins Family in Milton

A/C repair

Our A/C quit during an extreme heat spell. Booked an appointment with Reliance. After waiting all day, they were a no show and we found out they cancelled our appointment because they were too busy and could re-book it for 2 days later. We called Terry Rowley Mechanical at around 6pm. Although they too were very busy, they were able to fit us in same day. Our A/C was up and running before 9pm. So far so good! Thank you Terry Rowley Mechanical!

Furnace repair

I called this company to repair igniter of furnace , although they came fast , they said 200CAD cost but then when repaired they charged me 400CAD , their receipt is not clear what they replaced , they are rough in communication , I do not recommend them for home service.

This call was originally received Sunday AM and was the tennant not the owner.
Tennant had no heat and gave the symptoms and asked for estimated cost. He was told approx $200.00 to $300.00 Estimated cost.
He indicated he would talk to his landlord at 2 PM and call back.
The landlord called at 2:30pm and was given the same estimate and asked how long before service and he was told 30 minutes. He then requested service and ask that we call with diagnosis . We arived at approx 3PM and diagnosed the problem in a few minutes I spent 10 mins on the phone with the owner discribing the problem and repair. He was given the total cost of the repair before it was done . He was quoted $354.95 plus HST he authorized the repair and paid by visa.
The repair was completed and the tennant was happy to have heat. I think he was given fast , fair and professional service

Extremely unprofesional

We used this company to install a new system, no problems with install, however, they told us we would get a govt. rebate even gave us the paperwork to submit,,,, and it did not qualify, they got angry when we asked them to cover it, told us our tax money should never be used in the first place to fund a new a/c unit??
Refused to come back to repair a noise a week later without charging a service fee, on another issue they charged to fix a warranty item, did not fix it wanted to charge to come back, we finally switched to a company well rated and have never been happier.
Overall very rude.

Michael
Michael

furnance

i paid for a new hvac system after two visits for the same issue. I paid for the first visit and they came back with the part and i did not work and was told needed a new furnace and that i would basically have to buy one or they would charge me another visit and would not turn my heat back on as it was dangerous which wasn't accurate. i was told that there is a $250 rebate from ontario power generation and he would complete the form for me to fill out and mail to the government. going on 2 months and still no form many calls and no call back from the owner terry rowley. i would avoid these guys and use anyone else to have a new furnace installed.

HVAC

I did not have a good experience working with the people from this company. I would not use this company again. Therefore, I would not recommend this company for HVAC or duct cleaning services.

Review has 2 previous versions
Nadine from Milton
Nadine from Milton

plumbing

poor service with an attitude. no returned phone call asking for follow up with on quoted rebate that wasn't refunded 4 months after service. rude and disrespectful after service paid in full.

V from Milton
V from Milton
2 reviews Milton, ON

A/C installation and other service visits

I had a very unfortunate experience with this company. It started off very well, as, I contracted them for a furnace and A/C inspection, which they conducted professionally. A few months later, my A/C unit died, and, I contacted them to purchase and install a new unit, which they conducted and performed very well. I thought I had a good relationship with the company, and, I always look to direct business to companies that I've had a good relationship with.

When we experienced some leaking in our basement due to our water heater, I called them up, as their website indicated that they do various water services. I have a rented tank, but no service contract, and, I wasn't sure if it was something that they could do for me. They came by, took one look, said they couldn't do anything, and gave us a bill for $180 for the service visit, and required payment immediately.

Given the fact that I had given them a large amount of business in the months prior, I thought this was a very unreasonable bill for the service call (especially since they are located 5 minutes away). I have no trouble paying for a service call, but, this seemed very disproportionate.

I called the company, and, the service technician responded, and indicted that they would like to accommodate me with a reduced bill, but, the order to charge the full amount was provided by senior management, and, they weren't authorized to discount the bill. I explained that given the previous relationship, it seems like a poor decision to effectively kill our relationship over such an amount when no services were actually rendered.

While the people they employ seem capable and can be customer service oriented, the company philosophy seems very short-term focused, and, isn't looking to build a relationship with its customers. I'll be looking at other options for future HVAC work, advising others in my neighbourhood to do the same.

Kevin  from Milton
Kevin from Milton

Ac

This joke of a company came to my house four times and still never fixed my a.c. I asked the owner terry to call me back but he cares little about happy customer do not pay until you know it's fixed if you must use them!!! Never use!!!! Run run run

More about Terry Rowley Mechanical

Welcome to Terry Rowley Mechanical. We are located in Milton, Ontario and having been serving our community for more than 20 years. Our wide range of home comfort services will keep you comfortable all year round.