AMS Kitchen & Furniture Inc.

Cabinetry & Millwork
Toronto ON M9L1C8
Cabinetry & Millwork
AMS Kitchen & Furniture Inc.

Review for AMS Kitchen & Furniture Inc.

Catherine from Mississauga
Catherine from Mississauga

Custom kitchen cabinets & custom floor-to-ceiling/wall-to-wall built-in

Buyer Beware: I hired David from this company to create and install my custom kitchen and built-in cabinets AFTER seeing the work he did in my sister's kitchen and hearing about the great service my sister received from them. I THOUGHT I HAD DONE MY DUE DILIGENCE before agreeing to hire them. I thought I was in good hands. I trusted them implicitly. I even agreed to source the counter top from them. It was only at install that I came to realize this company's level of professionalism and attention to detail was not aligned with mine. The full install, including fixing all the problems, took THREE MONTHS. At times, and for weeks at a time, I had gaping holes and screws exposed in the lower cabinetry, into which my toddler son decided to play - and cut himself. There was no urgency to correct the problems that arose onsite. And to boot - I was sold a "KNOCK-OFF" quartz counter top.
BUYER BEWARE: BEFORE you hire a company, check not only their most current work, but speak to their clients from THREE years ago and FIVE. Ask for trade references, where they get their supplies, and speak to them. Get a written contract with specific details about materials to be used (note: an invoice is not a contract). My mistake on the counter top was trusting this cabinet company's choice of supplier and not getting a contract with specific details about the counter top. The supplier sold me pure white quartz from Silestone but that's not what I got. From day one I experienced terrible challenges keeping marks and stains off this counter top material. It certainly didn't live up to the promise of Quartz. It was only after discussing my challenges removing stains and marks from this Quartz counter top (which is supposed to be an non-issue) with other, more professional fabricators that I was encouraged to look for evidence of authenticity. Each piece of stone will have a stamp on it - either the name of the product or the colour or both. Mine has none. Another hint that this is a knock-off: my invoice says "counter top" and does not include any details about the colour or manufacturer of the product. BUYER BEWARE. Reputable suppliers will provide proof of authenticity and will take you through the finished product to show you that you got what you ordered. My big mistake doesn't have to be yours. I absolutely, without hesitation will NOT recommend AMS Kitchens to anyone.

Looking for Cabinetry & Millwork pros in Toronto?