Dso Coatings Inc

Calgary AB T2Z 0N3

Reviews for Dso Coatings Inc

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Resurfacing Garage Pad

I am quite happy with them, as they were sent in on behalf of the concrete company we hired to pour us a garage pad. After less then 10 months, our garage pad had bad chipping/cracking/spalling on the surface of it, so the concrete company agreed to bring in DSO to repair the surface of the pad pro bono. While they were difficult to get a hold of, and had a few missed timelines, in the end they seem to have done a fine job fixing our garage pad and we are happy with the new surface.

Ryan in Calgary
Ryan in Calgary

Driveway Seal

They were contracted to seal a driveway.

The job was horrible and it looks worse then before they did the work.

I recommend you find a different contractor. They did offer a 10% discount for my troubles but it should have been no charge based on the poor quality of the job

It will likely cost me more money to fix it but I cut my losses and paid them.

Laurie in Calgary
Laurie in Calgary

Burnt Grass, Overspray, and Spot Missed

I was quoted $210 to seal the aggregate concrete on my front walkway from the city sidewalk to the steps of my home and to do the walkway from my deck to my detached garage. The crew did a great job pressure washing and preparing the walkway for sealing. However, the crew doing the sealing seemed untrained. They managed to get overspray on my front step railings. When questioned about this, I was told that they don’t prep or mask off areas that aren’t to be sprayed and that they’re just careful, not to spray unwanted areas. This seems like a poor practice. As well, the edges of my grass on either side of the walkway was burned by the sealer and a spot in the backyard was missed. They sent someone out promptly to attempt to clean the overspray off the railing. Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful in doing so. He suggested trying paint thinner but couldn’t guarantee that this wouldn’t ruin the finish on my railings. The pictures of the railing below are after attempting to clean them. However, I was told, it would eventually fade and disappear over time. The timeframe, approximately, one year! There was a spot that was missed in the backyard as there was a small rock on top of the walkway that nobody wanted to remove so they just sealed around it. Eventually, it was sealed when the crew came back to remedy deficiencies. They’ve offered me a 10% discount on services rendered but I have yet to receive a corrected invoice to reflect that. As well, my railings will no doubt cost more than the $21.00 they’ve offered to discount to replace if the sealer does not fade or flakeoff in a year.

Villas of Wentworth in Calgary
Villas of Wentworth in Calgary

Good Sales Job, Terrible Follow Through

Who We Are
Villas of Wentworth, a 38 unit condo complex

The Good
Their up-front sales package was the best of the companies from whom we requested quotes.

The Bad
Surprising lack of follow-through accompanied by inadequate communication and onsite supervision.

By not following previously agreed starting locations, one angry owner was woken at 7:30 AM on the wrong day.

We contracted DSO to apply crack filling and, when a Board representative questioned why it wasn't being done, the crew said that they knew nothing about this and needed authorization to proceed.

When DSO pressure-washed one driveway, a crew member blew some of the stone facing off the garage, broke one piece and, when questioned, said the stone facing “must of (sic) been really weak before” and they did not know how to fix it. The owner told them how to fix it but said he would do it himself if they would supply the adhesive, which they agreed to supply the following day. They didn’t, so the owner got the adhesive and fixed it himself.

To remedy our less than positive experience with them, they asked what they could do to turn things around. It was suggested they make a donation to a charity. The company owner said that was a great idea and he would cut two $500 cheques to the two recommended charities. That was four months ago and, despite numerous phone calls & texts from both the Condo Board and our Property Manager, DSO never wrote those cheques.

The Ugly
Our Condo Board will never re-contract with them.

Blair
Blair

Driveway sealing

they have done amazing work for me for a few years now. one phone call and it just all happens and they keep me in the loop throughout. I would not use any one else.

Carlos in Calgary
Carlos in Calgary

Complete Concrete Replacement NW Home

I wanted all of the concrete at my current house replaced.

This industry is hectic but DSO was tremendous.

Derek Orth was in constant contact. I am very pleased with the work that was done. It was timely and when there were delays they weren't that long.
I plan on using DSO for all other work.

Myron S.
Myron S.

Sealed sidewalks

DSO was able to seal sidewalks at two of my homes here in Calgary.

They did an excellent job and the sealant that they use is very high-quality. I previously sealed the walks using the sealant at North land concrete which is excellent but this is a significant notch above that.

Also the price including labour was much more efficient and economical than me doing it myself.

The group was also a very professional and came and completed the work in a timely fashion. One of the houses has an enormous amount of concrete to be done.

I will never seal walks again with this group in town.

Noel
Noel
1 review , AB

Driveway coat

Grass was burned upon application.
Staff never communicated regarding my concern. Paid the work anyway.
Not satisfied with the way work was handled.

We are very sorry that you are unsatisfied with our work, we try our best to keep the sealer off of any plants or grass.

Private User reviews Sherwood Park, AB

Storage

Unreliable not set up for large areas. Do not keep time lines as promised full of excuses when job goes sideways I would not recomend this company for large spaces

More about Dso Coatings Inc

DSO Coatings has your surface covered. From preparation to protective coatings, our company offers a full range of services to keep your concrete surface, big or small, looking good for years to come. Over a decade in the industry means we've tested the best products and the best application methods, ...
Looking for Concrete Contractors pros in Calgary?