Davey Tree Service

Reviews for Davey Tree Service

Blake from Toronto
Blake from Toronto

Pine Tree Trimming_Great Work

Have 4 large pine trees that needed trimming (from 1" to 8" diameter branches) as well as a maple tree that needed a major trunk to be removed. Arborist was out within two days of submitting my request for quote. Received quote a few days later including verification of Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation coverage. One of the pine trees was city property and the application process took a little longer than expected including a visit to my home by city inspector. Crew (2, one senior, one junior) showed up at 8:30am and was gone by 12:30pm. The senior guy (who was doing all the trimming and tree climbing) continually asked if everything was ok and if I wanted any more to be done as he worked through all four trees. Clean up was fantastic (removal of branches, raking of pine needles and blowing off my driveway of all remaining debris) and left my property just as it was prior to work .
Very professional and courteous and did an excellent job.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Maple tree removal

Hamed and Nick did an exceptional job cutting down our 35 year old maple. They worked quickly and efficiently and did an excellent clean up job. We would not hesitate to recommend Davey Tree.

John Leclair in Mississauga
John Leclair in Mississauga
1 review Ottawa, ON

QUICK & CLEAN

Let's start with the bad. They arrived just after 7:00AM with no notice the day before, as quoted. No big deal. The poplar hug over our roof & skylights, so it had to go. Alex did a thorough evaluation, while a tiny Brittany set up the equipment. Pilons were placed over some of our emerging perrenials for protection and the tree was systematically dismantled piece by piece. Care was taken to make as little damage to the gardens & especially our new deck. The tree was down, through the chipper, the street & tree site cleaned in about 2 hours. This was my third tree removal by Davey Tree Service. I give this, & former crews top marks for efficiency & courtesy.

9063 in Ottawa
9063 in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Unfinished job

I hired Davey tree service to trim a large maple in my yard. The day they came, a torrential downpour started shortly after they arrived and they understandably decided to stop because of the rain. I was told to call the office to reschedule the remainder. I never signed off on the job because it wasn't complete. I called the office and was initially told I had to pay extra for them to come back and finish the job! I increased my review because they eventually came back and the end result was good...but I felt I shouldn't have had to go through the hassle to get them to finish the original job at the original price.

Review has 1 previous version
Lalonde from Ottawa
Lalonde from Ottawa
5 reviews Kanata, ON

Tree Pruning, Tree Removal

Davey removed a large tree that had grown wild between fences and trimmed deadwood out of two large maples. They did a great job on the trimming and removal, cleared all waste and left the large pces for splitting as requested. I asked to be notified when they were coming as I had a number of items being stored in my carport from the closing of my fathers house and wanted to be there to move them if necessary. They called, but never showed up the day they were supposed to, nor did they phone at all to let us know what was going on. As a result, the day they did come no one was there and I wasn't really pleased with how things were 'moved' out of their way. Communication not a strong point, but they did the job and got all permits prior, etc.

Ann in Kanata
Ann in Kanata
2 reviews Kanata, ON

Tree trimming

This company was unfortunately hired by the City of Ottawa to trim back trees from the road in the Kanata area. Our tree was maimed so badly by Davey Tree Service in the Fall that it is now dying because of the awful pruning job that was done. These were younger trees and the crew took off more than half of the branches and well past the Fall pruning season. Avoid ever using this company.

Looking for Tree Service pros in Carp?