Doug Hipkiss Stone Mason

Roin
Roin
0 reviews Burnaby, BC

Leaking Chimney

I had a leaky chimney which needed a chimney cap replaced and I contracted Doug Hipkiss to carry out the job. I even e-transferred him $700 in advance as per his request so that he could start the job promptly. This was in Decemeber of 2020. After contacting him several times to inquire when he would start he always had excuses and thus would delay. Finally after 9 months of waiting I fired him from the job and asked him to return my deposit and he has yet to do that. Please be very weary of this man as he is very dishonest. I since contacted another gentleman and within a week he had everything repaired.

Hi Roin, I would like to remind you of something first, when you contacted us in December, it was raining almost every day and you were in a panic and requested we come to repair your leak. We went along, even though it was raining and navigated your chimney too find the problem. We informed you of the problem and we covered the chimney with a tarp to prevent anymore water entering your home. This was done without a deposit and at no charge to yourself. I could easily have charged you day $400 for protecting the contents of your home but, I am an honest guy, as other people have so openly showed on previous reviews. It was only after this that I told you that we would have to wait until the spring to make repairs which would involve a new chase pan, which would need to be made. You agreed and we gave a provisional price to get you locked in for your benefit and ours. How ever, after the spring, I unfortunately found myself very sick this year and have sought the help of another trusted chimney guy and I have relied upon him to take care of my existing customers. This and taking a back seat had resulted in the untimely manner in which your repair was not completed earlier. I apologize for not being able to be on board myself and for the delay but, your deposit has now been returned and you can keep the tarp and there is no charge for keeping your house contents dry last winter. God bless you and your family and I do hope that in the future you might not be so clinical in your approach to genuine contractors who actually care about their customers.

Private User reviews Coquitlam, BC

Chimney re-pointing and repair

Had entire chimney ground out and fully re-pointed and
Installed new skirt flashing .Rain Cap re - cemented
all around and inside .Also Repointed around Firebox.
Doug and Stephane where very professional and
they explained what should be done and the job
was done right I would recommend them .

Thank you for your kind words and I am so very happy you are happy with the end result. It has been a pleasure to carry out your project.

M White
M White
0 reviews Coquitlam, BC

chimney repair

We had an issue with water running down our chimney and pooling on a deck. Other companies came and did repairs but the issue only got worse. Doug was recommended to us and he assured us he knew exactly how to resolve our problem. Stefan came immediately and got the job done very quickly. He did a fantastic job (chimney looks great!) and he ensured all cleanup was done as he went along. It is obvious that Doug wants to ensure his clients are completely satisfied. We are so appreciative of how quickly he got this done for us and are so glad we were referred to him. Both he and Stefan are friendly and professional and it was a pleasure to do business with them. We haven’t had much rain yet, but we feel very confident that when we do, we won’t have any leaks to worry about any longer. Definitely recommend

It was a pleasure to be able to bring to an end, your frustrating journey through the maze of other so called professionals and to see you both smile again. Thank you for choosing us to repair your chimney. If you ever need us, we are ready to respond. Thank you so very much for your very kind review. I wish you both good luck, good health and peace of mind in the future.

Greg.
Greg.
0 reviews West Vancouver, BC

Very Satisfied

Chimney looks like new! Great work. I had 2 other firms do repairs and only Doug was able to identify and make improvements to avoid future issues. I Highly recommend

Thank you for the great review and for choosing me for your project.

YVONNE
YVONNE
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Tearing down chimney

We had a leaning chimney, and we really weren't sure what to do with it> Doug and the team came by for an evaluation - and noted that it is caused by the root of a huge tree that is growing into the foundation. Based on our budget and timeline, he and Stefan is able to get it tear down quickly and with a smile. Doug went the extra mile and gave a lot of valuable input on how I should think about the fireplace that remains in the house and what I can do to salvage it. They also left the place very tidy when the job is finished, which we are very pleased with.
We highly recommend Doug to any stone /masonry work and we would love to work with the team again on our next project!

Hi Yvonne, thank you so very much for your kind review, it was a pleasure to carry out your project. You and your family are such wonderful people and I am so happy your situation is now fixed. God bless. Hope to see you again in the future.

Private User reviews North Vancouver, BC

Chimneys

Doug and Stefan are very nice
Slow to start w delays (weather, finishing other jobs). Guess that’s part of the bizz
All done on a hand shake (Covid friendly- of course)
Job was well done... clean up was excellent as well. Even left the choice of bricks to Doug and he got it all right.
Honest and sincere
Paperwork may not be his strongpoint- but he delivers and that’s what counts

Thank you and your wife so very much for choosing us to carry out your project. The kind gifts of snacks were a welcome incentive lol. I look forward to seeing you both on the next one. God bless you both and thank you once again.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Repointing Front Steps

Doug and his helper did a great job with repointing our stone steps. They were very clear about the process, followed through as promised and came back in a very timely manner to deal with some minor concerns that I had. They clearly care about doing the job right and take pride in their work.

Thank you so very much for choosing us to carry out your project Eric, it's been a pleasure. Thank you for the very kind words in your review, we thoroughly enjoyed repairing your stone stair cases.

Ken in Toronto
Ken in Toronto
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Wood burning oven and stone patio project

I had the pleasure of having Doug work on two separate projects for me. The first one was rebuilding a wood burning brick pizza oven and the other was restoring a backyard stone patio. Doug does very good work and takes great attention to detail. The first project was restoring a custom brick oven that had cracked due to cold winter weather and was falling apart. Doug rebuilt the oven and we've happily enjoyed it with family and friends for five years ever since. He did a beautiful job with the oven. The restoration of the backyard stone patio took place this summer and my wife and I are thrilled with the results. It ended up being better than we even imagined it and the stone looks great. I highly recommend Doug for any stone mason project that you may have.

Thank you Ken, for choosing me to restore you Pizza oven and then inviting me back to restore your stone patio, both you and your wife are such wonderful people and it has been a pleasure to be able to help you to enjoy your garden patio with your pizza oven for many years to come, god bless you and your family.

Private User reviews North Vancouver, BC

Chimney repair and leaky roof V7l3C1

Had a leak on my upper floor ceiling.
My roofing company came and referred me to Doug as two chimneys needed repair and was also causing the leak.
Due to Covid19 and rainy weather it took awhile for the repair to be done. Despite a longer time frame the job was well done and Doug takes great pride in his work. Photos were taken before and after job.
He definitely has excellent masonary experience.
Would recommend him and his team.

Thank you so very much for the great review Joy, it was an absolute pleasure rebuilding both your chimneys. Thank you for choosing us and especially thank you for taking good care with tea and cake while the work was being done. All the very best for the future.

James in Vancouver
James in Vancouver
0 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Chimney work

Our roof was leaking and it was determined that the leak was due to a chimney that needed repair work. Doug Hipkiss was recommended to us by our roofing company. Doug is very passionate about his work and very committed to doing a thorough and professional job. Our chimney looks wonderful and our leak is fixed! We were very pleased that we used Doug and would definitely use him again should we need other masonry work done.

I would like to thank both you and your wife for choosing me to repair your Chimney's. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family and most of all, it gives me great satisfaction to know you don't have to worry about any further problems concerning your chimney and leaking.
I look forward to seeing you again in the future, if and when you should require the services of a Stone Mason.

More about Doug Hipkiss Stone Mason