Durham Covers

Colleen in Ottawa
Colleen in Ottawa
1 review Ajax, ON

DON'T Do it!! - Worst experience ever - Completely Unprofessional

I hired them to provide a hottub cover replacement for my softtub.
I asked if they had experience with softtub and was assured that yes, they had done them "no problem". Despite their website stating they come to you and do the measurement, they did not do this - and not once offered to - RED FLAG #1. I asked what they needed to proceed (expecting that they would arrange a date to come) - RED FLAG #2 - all he wanted was the full amount email $ transferred and he'd be ordering it that weekend with delivery upon return from his vacation. I asked again what he needed in order to ensure we got the right size cover and he assured me, all he needed was the model #. Long story short - I provided the model # and the measurement of the hottub along with photos of the hottub to ensure a color match; he said yes, softtubs were all pretty standard and that they had a template for my particular model. He did not provide the specific dimensions of the measurements he needed so I measured the hottub diameter and confirmed with softub canada model. He confirmed his template matched the measurement I took. The day he was going to deliver he called and asked me to send the remainder of the money prior to his arrival - RED FLAG #3 (as I had only sent half as a deposit vs. the full amount he requested originally). Upon delivery of the product, he brought the wrong color and wrong size cover and refuses to take accountability for his mistake and placing all the blame on me the customer. He offered a lower quality cover that is designed for the larger hottub (one size up from mine) in the wrong color and obviously not designed to fit my tub and of course, for the same price as the one I ordered! RED FLAG #4 - another mistake he made and now has a cover on his hands he can't use so he'll pass it off on to me! After much back and forth, he still refuses to honor his 100% guarantee as posted on his website and I still have no cover and am out the deposit I paid up front! He wants full payment of the cover he originally brought (and he still has in his possession) and wants full payment for a second cover in the correct size - no negotiation. The only person he's interested in is himself. On the plus side, I did at least recall the second email $ transfer prior to him depositing it so at least I'm not out the full amount!
RED FLAG #5 - he doesn't list his full name or business address on his website anywhere!

Unfair and not true. I have the email trail to prove it. Colleen contacted me 2 days prior to me leaving the country for 2 weeks. I told her she could wait for me to come out and measure but it would be another 3 weeks and then 2 additional weeks for the cover to be manufactured. She did not want to wait so I asked her for the make and model of hot tub and I would check the factory templates. She told me 180 cm or 71 inches circle. I checked both factories that make hot tub covers in Canada and both had the model as 71 inches across. I then emailed her and asked her to take a tape measure and confirm the size of her tub as 180 cm or 71 inches across. Colleen emailed back and confirmed she had it as 180 cm or 71 inches across. She also emailed that she did not want the light beige or dark chocolate brown but the middle brown colour from my website. I delivered her cover that she confirmed as 71 inches across and brown. It was to small for her tub because she quoted the incorrect softub model number and she confirmed the incorrect tape measure length when I asked her to double check; she has a larger tub and refuses to realize that she has a different model number. Unfortunately, she refuses to take ownership for her mistake. I have the emails to confirm the size and colour she ordered. I offered to help her by providing her a solution that would not cost her anymore money and is actually built for the current size of her tub but she refuses. I also told her after continual harsh emails that I would still help her because I felt bad for her since she made a mistake. She refuses to acknowledge anything she confirmed in her emails. It is unfair that even though I delivered what she ordered and she has not fully paid for it, she continues to try and hurt my business further.

Kimmy G in Toronto
Kimmy G in Toronto

Hot Tub Cover

I needed to order a hot tub cover for my tub and found Durham Covers on Kijiji. Paul was awesome...he responded to my enquiry email quickly and went to my house and measured, manufactured and installed my cover in a week. I was extremely impressed with his pleasant and professional attitude. Definitely great service with a smile!

Thank you. I try and give everyone that level of service. Thanks again and see you in 5 to 7 years when you need another cover

Debbie Vermeulen in Oshawa
Debbie Vermeulen in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Great Service - Great Quality

We were in need of a hottub cover and Durham Covers made it happen. Paul Mintha of Durham Covers was very helpful and would highly recommend purchasing from Durham Covers. We received our cover within 2 weeks. Highly recommend!!! Thank you "Paul"

Bill in Boston
Bill in Boston
1 review Ajax, ON

Hottub Replacement Cover

The cover is great and fits our tub perfect. The order was easy to place and it arrived earlier then I have been quoted.

Thank you for the great service.

Thanks for the review and I look forward to helping you again in 5 - 7 years

CHRISTOPHER HOLT in Toronto
CHRISTOPHER HOLT in Toronto
1 review Angus, ON

HOT TUB COVER

PAUL MINTHA was very helpful and understanding with my needs, the price and quality were fantastic (too good to be true) everyone else was quoting me $800 and up plus tax. I had my cover within 2 weeks, even being an oversized cover which normally takes a lot longer to do, good job PAUL and I'm sure we will be speaking again and I WILL refer you to anyone I know , GOOD JOB !!

I am glad I could give you a fair price even though I had to come and make a template. I am also happy I exceeded you expectations in terms of delivery. See you in 5-7 years

Carolin in Tottenham

I just love my new hot tub cover!! I chose a different color this time ( charcoal) and it looks amazing! Paul was so helpful with the measurements and it fits perfectly. I was also happy to receive it earlier than expected. I definitely recommend Durham Covers if you are looking for a new cover.

Thanks for the review and I am glad you received it earlier than expected. Usually I deliver it personally but because I shipped it to you I can never control delivery . Talk to you in 5 -7 years

Homeowner in Durham Ontario
Homeowner in Durham Ontario
20 reviews Oshawa, ON

Hot tub cover

They advertise "high quality professionally fitted Hot Tub Covers". So we called and asked him to come measure our tub so we can get the correct sized hot tub cover replacement. He came, measured, delivered a hot tub cover that is too big. It has one inch gap on the straight sides and a 3 inch gap on the rounded corners. It does do the job but it is nowhere near the exact fit we had with the old cover. He insists this size is appropriate for my tub.

More about Durham Covers

We sell high quality professionally fitted Hot Tub Covers, Lifters and Pool Safety Covers. If you do not know your make or model we will come out to your home to personally measure your Hot Tub or Pool ensuring a 100% Guarantee of a proper fitting cover. We pride ourselves ...
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Port Hope?