Colson Roofing Inc.

Reviews for Colson Roofing Inc.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Very competitive quote and very meticulous and caring roofer

This roofer comes highly recommended by the skylight manufacturer I was discussing with as I was looking for a great roofer as well as a good skylight installer. Got 5 quotes from different roofers and Colson had the 2nd best quote but his reputation from his clients as well as suppliers top the list.
I was kept in the loop of the schedule and when the D-day came, Mr Colson himself came to do the work. He was pretty meticulous and take great care of the work he does ..... no rush job or get in and get out attitude.
When all is said and done, my new roof looks great and was tested in the next couple of days with heavy rain .... no leaks and still look great.

Thank you for your review! We take great pride in all of our installations, therefore no jobs are rushed. We are always happy to hear that we are highly recommended by VELUX, also that we have another happy customer.

denishdouville
denishdouville
1 review Ottawa, ON

Replace 25 year old roof.

Removal of shingles, repair of several segments of roof (plywood/sheathing), repair/replace chimney stack flashing and other flashing, installation of underlayment, installation of ice shield, installation of a metal valley, and installation of long-life shingles.
Collection and clean up was extraordinary including a magnetic sweep around the property for stray nails and/or metal fasteners.
As a retired project manager I was impressed with the fact that Colson met the all the contract work terms (requirements) on time, and clearly on bid price.
Quoted price was almost $3000 lower than highest of four bids, and almost $1000 lower than next bid.
Colson, his co-worker and spouse were polite, punctual and courteous. Scott displayed extensive knowledge of roofing and shared that knowledge with us.

Thank you Denis for the great review! You were both such a pleasure to work with as well. All the best.

Ron &.
Ron &.

New roof

Great company to deal with, owner was working on job site both days. All debris was picked up after each work day. Very happy with the roof, it looks great.

Thanks Ron for the review - glad you are happy with your roof!! It was a pleasure working with you both.

misha&josee
misha&josee

Roof replacement.

Professional, fast and quality service. What more can you ask for from a roofing company.

Would recommend Colson to any friend or neighbour and we have! Stick to a reputable, accredited provider like this with a local touch, good products, solid warranty and good workmanship and be happy you did.

Thanks Misha & Josee! You were both a pleasure to work with. We appreciate any and all recommendations.

Helen B.
Helen B.

New roof on my home

Scott arrived @ the appointed time to examine my roof and after examining the roof he discussed with me what he recommended and described the materials he planned to use and what I could expect during the installation. He answered any questions. He was pleasant and professional. He assured me he would be present during the installation of the roof and that no deposit was required.
His wife was in regular contact with me e.g. forward a business contract, let me know when I could expect the dumpster and shingles to be delivered etc etc. Like Scott she was very professional, pleasant and well organized.
On the start date, Scott was on the roof @ 7 am until 6 pm. He was back the next morning @ 7 am and completed the work by mid afternoon (including a full clean up area around the house. His other roofer was working elsewhere so Scott completed the the entire job by himself. I could not be more pleased.

Thanks Helen for you review.

bemath
bemath

roof reshingle/repair

small area of back roof needed replacing, weather delayed the job initially but when they said they were coming they did, on time and finished the job quickly and neatly

Thanks Bev for your review. We were very happy that you had chosen Colson Roofing twice for two different roof projects.

chsdunning
chsdunning
1 review Ottawa, ON

We had our roof and shed shingled.

Scott and one other fellow were here over the course of four days. They were quiet, tidy, polite and professional. I was notified of their schedule a day ahead and these two guys arrived when they said they would. The worksite was always left tidy and tools put away. No garbage was left behind. I would recommend Colson Roofing to anyone. Scott and his team were awesome!

Hi Colleen,
Thanks for your review. We do apologize that it took four days to complete your job, however the +38 degree weather two of those days certainly slowed us down.

FirstTimeHomeOwner
FirstTimeHomeOwner

Re-shingled roof

We couldn't be happier with Colson Roofing. They answer questions very quickly and are very easy to talk to. They are very reasonably priced and offer a thorough information package with a clear breakdown of cost.
We are thrilled with our decision to choose Colson Roofing. Thank you to Scott, Tara and the whole team!

Thanks Meredith for your kind review. We are happy to hear that we were able to make your first re-roofing experience a good one!

marcamyot
marcamyot

New roof shingles.

We were putting our house up for sale in the spring 2017 but needed to have our roof re-done. We contacted Scott Colson (Colson Roofing) in February 2017 to give us a quote. He came when he said he would and gave us a fair quote for a quality product and service. I cannot say enough how impressed we were with his tardiness, presentation package and professionalism. We ended up scheduling the job for the first available day available in April 2017 weather permitting. Colson delivered what he said he would do and in a timely manner. Once complete Colson Roofing left the site spotless. There was no change in the quote and there was a guarantee with the shingles and installation. Scott Colson also physically works which is why he takes pride in his company. We have since sold our home and the new roof played an important part of the sale. We would highly recommend Colson Roofing for anyone needing a new roof.

Thanks Marc for your review. We are happy that we were able to help give the new homeowners peace of mind with a new roof. We do take great pride in our business and always try our best to accommodate our customers with all of their roofing needs and requests.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Reroofing my House

I hired Scott for the second year in a row. I'm renting my house and wanted to have a new roof installed before my tenants move in, so I called Scott and he was able to redo my roof in a day. He chose a sunny Saturday to accommodate my timeline. Did a great job and left the site clean.
I had hired Scott last year to redo the roof at my parents house and again was very satisfied with the service, quality of work. He performs the work himself with some staff, so he can monitor the quality of the job throughout.
I would recommend Scott and Colson Roofing to anyone in the Ottawa area.
Thanks for a great job.

Gilbert Dionne

Thanks Gilbert for your review, it was a pleasure doing business with you once again. We appreciate that you had chosen us for both of your roof projects. Recommendations are greatly appreciated and we thank you in advance.

More about Colson Roofing Inc.

Colson Roofing Inc. is a local contractor specializing in flat and shingle re-roofing, skylight and sun tunnel installations, new construction and roof repairs. We have over 18 years of combined experience and feel as though we have taken waterproofing to the next level. We complete each job with dedication and professionalism and are not satisfied until you are.

​Servicing Ottawa and surrounding areas with complete roofing services, we guarantee high quality workmanship, honesty, reliability, and above all affordable rates. At Colson Roofing we do NOT sub-contract, are fully WSIB compliant, and provide full written workmanship warranties. We are fully insured, BBB accredited A+, waterproofing specialists.

We strive for excellence while using today's most innovative and advanced waterproofing techniques, to ensure complete protection for your home against inclement weather. We are certified and experienced with all safety procedures, and take pride in all of our installations. We honor all of our warranties and have very high standards for customer satisfaction.