Nepean General Contractors

bold in London
bold in London
1 review London, ON

Gardening weeding and rejuvenation

I lost my girl to breast cancer, and my toddler and I have been through a lot but we're doing well now. But the gardens around the house were absolutely, desperately neglected - we literally haven't touched them since last year and the weeds and the plants were completely out of control. These folks came and had a look, gave me a solid estimate that I was happy with, and they're also just wonderfully pleasant people. They did the work and I am DELIGHTED with the results. I'd recommend them to anybody.

Thanks for the kind words. Always happy to help however we can!

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Excavation work

Alan helped us excavate some trenches for a cabin/sauna at our family cottage. He also dug holes for the footings and post holes for the fence. Quick, reasonable and not at all like the rednecks I've dealt with in the past. Would hire again.

Thanks for the work! It was a pleasure working for you guys.

David in Ottawa
David in Ottawa

Excavation

Nepean General Contractors were exceptional. Needing some excavating. I was greeted by Alan who was very forthright and professional with his timeline and cost for the job I needed done. Arrived on time and performed the task beyond my expectations. Alan was well informed and knows his business well. Also very personable he educated me every step of the way. I'm very happy with the work and will be contacting Nepean General Contractors for more work in the future.

Hi Dave, happy to have helped! Hopefully your well was fixed without too much hassle!

Kyle V. in Ottawa
Kyle V. in Ottawa

Backyard Patio

Alan installed a paver patio in our backyard this summer and the end result was nothing short of fantastic. My wife and I are extremely happy with the job done.

Our requirements were set out initially during the consultation phase. Alan stopped by to discuss options as well as making a few recommendations to best suit our needs.

Work started and was completed a couple days later. Alan even came by a week later to make sure the pavers had settled properly and the sand stayed in tact after a rain storm. Clean up after the job was done perfectly. No complaints there either.

We have enjoyed the patio countless times and are thrilled to have this space as part of our house. We can't thank Alan enough. We would definitely recommend Nepean General Contractors and would not hesitate to use Alan's services on anything else in the future.

Thanks for the kind words Kyle. Happy to hear you're enjoying your new patio!

Terry G.
Terry G.
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Backyard Refurbishment

Alan and his team installed patio pavers and a deck to fill our back yard. They did a fantastic job!

At the initial exploration and then design stages, Alan understood our requirements very well and offered many helpful suggestions in both design and features that enhanced the project without blowing our budget out of the water.

During the implementation phase, Alan and his team worked diligently to complete the job as quickly as possibly within the weather constraints that they faced. They were friendly, technically knowledgable, and very professional. They were also very neat and tidy. The work site was tidied up every evening and they insured that all debris was removed from the front lawn, sidewalk, driveway, and road before they left each day. The quality of the products they used was very good.

While there were some delays, they were related mainly to weather and supplier delay in delivery of components.

Alan was able to incorporate a few modifications we both suggested as the project was being implemented that added to the final result.

We are very satisfied with the finished product. We will definitely be contracting Alan and his team to do the initial staining of the deck in the Spring, as the project finished just as the initial snow was
falling.

I would not hesitate to contract Alan and his team for future projects nor would I hesitate to recommend him to others.

Thanks for the kind words Terry! It was an absolute pleasure to work on your new backyard.

Becky from Manotick
Becky from Manotick
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Large Cedar Deck in Backyard

We are thrilled with Alan's work! He transformed our backyard with the addition of a beautiful, large western red cedar deck that attaches to our screened-in porch and has built-in lighting. We couldn't be happier with the process from start to finish and would highly recommend Alan and his team. They are professional yet friendly and a pleasure to work with. We are hoping to work with Alan again for future projects!

Thanks for the review Becky. It was an absolute pleasure to work for you.

Mike in Stittsville
Mike in Stittsville
12 reviews Whitby, ON

Deck teardown and rebuild

Alan and team tore down my poorly built stage of a deck and completely rebuilt it. Lower, shorter and with cedar. No more rails, no more crappy stain job, no more neighbours watching our every move.

Alan gave me lots of options, helped us decide what was best and most of all gave us some of our back yard back!

Thanks Mike! It was a pleasure working with you. Enjoy your reclaimed space!

Scott in Ottawa
Scott in Ottawa

Deck Refinishing

I wanted to write a review last year - yet had troubles with the website. I must have been meant to wait - so I can talk about the project a year later. We had two expensive cedar decks built, through a major backyard redesign. The stain on the two decks did not hold up. When we contacted Alan to give us a quote to refinish the deck - he gave us a quote to refinish the decks, and to correct build errors in the deck the original builder made. These build errors were quite evident and would impact the life expectancy of the decks. We were very happy with the quote he gave us.

After a very hot summer and a punishing winter - the work on the decks have held up amazingly and is almost as when they finished the project.

We are very comfortable in recommending Alan & his crew to people; and he would be our first choice for further work on our house.

I'm glad I could be of service scott! Looking forward to re-doing your front walkway this spring :)

Jason Currie from Carleton Place
Jason Currie from Carleton Place
2 reviews Carleton Place, ON

Porch Rehab.

I hired Alan to rebuild the porch on my 1900's era home. Alan had previously done work for us so was familiar with the age of the home and our vision for the space. Alan provided recommendations on design practices that would remain in fitting with the age of the home. We were able to incorporate upgrades to the space within the desired budgets. Alan was able to incorporate new design ideas throughout the project. Overall I'm impressed with the final products and would recommend him to others.

shannonelizabeth
shannonelizabeth
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Fantastic work: one of those experts you call on again and again

Alan is one of those expert tradespeople you don't know whether to hoard for yourself or refer to a select group of friends, because he's that perfect combination of skillful, knowledgeable and very fare with rates. He's done several small woodworking jobs for us, and we're looking at getting him to update our kitchen. I've appreciated how thoroughly he knows his stuff and offers smart advice that takes into account our needs and preferences, and he's also just a really pleasant person to work with. And his work is fantastic—he went above and beyond on small finishing details, and his technical knowledge is obvious, as he diagnosed and fixed the problem immediately with a couple of wonky door frames in our house. Highly recommended, I feel lucky to have him in my roster of experts on call.

Thanks for the kind words Shannon. It's an absolute pleasure working with you!

More about Nepean General Contractors

Nepean General Contractors is a small company that specializes in unique projects. If it’s crossed your mind, we can get it done.

We treat your home like it's our own, and we're not afraid of getting creative on your project. We strive to achieve fantastic results that you can be proud of.

We use professional dust collection equipment hooked up to all of our tools. On interior projects, we also seal off the workspace from the rest of the house to prevent dust, dirt and debris from migrating in to your home. We leave a clean and tidy worksite at the end of the day. No one likes a mess.

If you're ready to get the ball rolling on your projects, don't hesitate to send us an email, or give us a shout. We're ready when you are.