The Kitchen Place

Tracey from Whitby
Tracey from Whitby
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Kitchen Remodel and Renovation

My husband and I waited for years to redo our kitchen and went to a lot of different kitchen stores in our search. From the moment we walked in the door and were greeted at The Kitchen Place, I knew we found the right place. Our designer Sue was fabulous, she did a floor plan that works amazing and I never would have thought of on my own. She took all of our calls and questions and even helped when I requested a small change mid-install. Sue was there constantly to check on things and make sure everything ran smoothly. Sue gave us a schedule of what would be done each day and what trades would be coming in. The schedule did not waiver and every trade was on time and very personable. One of the most important things - the quoted price was the exact price we paid. We were never hit with extra's. We love our kitchen and would send anyone who asked to The Kitchen Place!

Ann in Pickering
Ann in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Ann and Boyd Whitby

Wow what a transformation! We are very pleased to have worked with Barb at The Kitchen Place. From design ideas, organization and excellent communication throughout the job, it was a class act. One of the most comforting aspects of the service, one that sets The Kitchen Place apart from the others, was her organization skills, and the detailed schedule of who we could expect to be there and when. Right from the first meeting she detailed exactly what to expect and the prep that would be done to ensure the rest of the house was spared from too much disruption during construction. They even offered to help set us up with an altermate kitchen in the basement. Barb was present at the job site at the start of each work day to ensure there were no issues and to ensure workers knew what the work was. Workers were tidy and very personable. Barb responded quickly to any questions, and I had many, and it didn't phase her in the least when we made some mid-job changes to add pot lighting. Barb delivered on all commitments and went above and beyond. The results are stunning! Would I use The Kitchen Place again? ... absolutely! Thank you Barb and The Kitchen Place! Ann and Boyd Brooks

1 review Whitby, ON

Kitchen Renovation

I had the kitchen place re-do my kitchen and I am quite pleased with it. I had a few hiccups, but they were resolved eventually.
The people were quite friendly and listened to what I wanted for the design of it. It turned out nice and many thanks to my designer Barb for helping with everything.

1 review Oshawa, ON

Kitchen renovation

Excellent company to deal with. Barb was AMAZING - project was exactly as planned, on budget and on time - no surprises at all along the way. I was given several design options to choose from, my wish list of what I needed in a kitchen was taken into consideration and all my needs were met. Every contractor who worked on our project was courteous, on time and knew exactly what needed to be done. Barb was on site pretty much every day of our project to ensure everything ran smoothly - would definitely recommend them to anyone.

John from Whitby in
John from Whitby in
1 review Whitby, ON

Kitchen Renovation

Prompt, fast and on time!!! Working with The Kitchen Place was an absolute pleasure. From design to completion, every step was managed by the The Kitchen place and when things did come up, expectations were managed and everything was communicated to me so I could make an informed decision. Brian and the entire team were an absolute joy to deal with. Thanks for making our dream kitchen a reality!!!!

Gary in Maple
Gary in Maple
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Kitchen Renovation

I feel like I didn't get the kitchen I wanted. I got what they wanted to give me. Talked with designer he recommended 1 1/4 " granite counter top to avoid edge seem. I agreed, counter top showed up and was installed 3/4" questioned installers. They phoned their company and was to that's what was ordered. Was told by kitchen place only place you'll notice it is around the sink. 3 attempts at built in microwave cabinet to fit trim kit properly. Each new cabinet had to be ordered from custom builder in Winnipeg. Had wall switches and outlets relocated and drywall repaired when asked when the painter was coming I was told "we never quoted you a painter or paint" did they think I was leaving the wall repairs and ceiling repairs unfinished? This company has been in business for 35 years! The flooring I picked out was discontinued within 3 days of choosing it (they called me in to look at new samples that had just came in) then I was told to "go somewhere else and get the flooring on my own" I was also told to "get my own electrician" as that was not part of the qoute. The measurements the kitchen place gave my electrician for the over island lights were wrong so when the island was installed the lights were not centred over the stove (off by 6") again I was told "you can barely notice it" I NOTICE IT. The backslash was done horribly (tile corners sticking out and uneven grout lines) it had to be done over (many tiles had to cut out and replaced) and it was done by the same guy that did the poor quality job in the first place. Who is not a tradesman but a retired TTC driver as it turns out. And then when I asked about the under Cabinet lighting that I had talked to the designer about on multiple occasions I got "Oh we never quoted you the lighting or the back splash tiles, just the back splash install". All in all this company took 6 months to complete this nightmare but they were not shy about asking for money. I chose them because they had been in business for 35 years and the reviews I could find were good. I should have known right off the hop when I told them I was bridging my mortgage for 2 weeks so they could go in and demo the kitchen and get a jump on it before I moved in and they never showed up until a month later.

Tammy in Oshawa
Tammy in Oshawa
6 reviews Oshawa, ON

Beautiful Kitchen!

Beautiful Kitchen! Very functional design. Difference from the original design for a couple of reasons. The engineer had changes that need to be made as well. The schedule won't mean anything when the city holds on to the permit longer then intended. Some homes won't let you have the kitchen you want. When signing the contract, be clear on who will be installing what items. Watch the dollar on the market because this can impact the cost you will have to pay. All the contractors that worked here were amazing and fantastic to deal with. Renovations are very painful and they did try to make it as smooth as possible.
Thank you Barb and the Kitchen Place crew!
Happy

Linda from Durham Region
Linda from Durham Region
11 reviews Whitby, ON

Kitchen Renovation

The project was completed on time and on budget. A few hiccups along the way but I suppose that is to be expected when you are dealing with a large scale renovation. All in all, we are delighted with our new kitchen. The staff is terrific. Very friendly and accessible at all times. I would recommend and/or hire them again without hesitation.

More about The Kitchen Place

The Kitchen Place is a Kitchen renovation and design company located in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. We build beautiful kitchens at affordable prices, contact us today!