PortGate Inc.

Reviews for PortGate Inc.

keyvan in Toronto
keyvan in Toronto

Roof Repair (add missing shingles)

It is really unfortunate to write this but people need to understand who they are taking as their contractor for roof and what quality and warranty they are getting. I got to work with them initially on sept 2017 and fixed some shingles and that was it. then there was storm on april 2018 not as bad it seems but the same spot that they fixed came off. they came and charged 500 $ to fix it and then it was fine till may 4th 2018. The storm even cause more damage to same side they fixed and cause more shingles off the roof. I called them around 20 times and at first call they said they are going to be there and because of that i didn't look for anyone else, because i knew them. but then he didn't reply back and i had a roof with no shingles for most part of 1 side of roof for 5 days. I called them several times and they didn't even text me back to tell they are busy and they cant make it. I then realize that they dont care about warranty and old customers and only look to new jobs. The contractor who came to fix my shingles after storm told me that who ever did previous job didn't glue well enough and didn't use enough nails to hold the shiggles. I was really offended and surprised by this way of customer service. I wrote this review for people to think twice before choosing them cause i spent a lot of money and time to understand its not worth it and look for more professional team.

In one world waste of money and time.

James in Richmond Hill
James in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Stay away from this company

Be cautious about this company.

take advantage of the situation as so many people were busy replacing the roof due to strong wind last week. charged me $300 for around 10 mins job of replacing missing singles. He used my singles which I bought from Home depot. Just few nailing, from which I suspected their service quality right away.. And he even told me you need to change the ventilation saying the single was flying and it hit the vent. If no change, the rain will go through the damaged vent. charged me another $150 for less than 5 min job. What a coincidence. Another customer from other internet site complained about changing his ven which was fine. They left it by mistake and the owner found it was fine. The kijiji ad says accepts credit cards, but he asks for only cash, saying worrying about paying tax to government.

After few days passed, something went wrong with the job. So I called him, but don't take my calls so left a msg and even sent a text msg, but no response.

Gerard Krieger in Old Toronto
Gerard Krieger in Old Toronto

leaky roof problem and Attic Mold Removal

I appreciate the good service. Home inspector told us about existing roof leaks around some of the vents that resulted in mold built up in 3 parts of the attic. we called portgate guys and by the next day we had all the leaky vents replaced,mold removed and got our house back into the market again.
I would definitely recommend this company.extremely impressed!

Noname in Toronto
Noname in Toronto

Never trust this company ( overcharged )

My house is 1100 sq.ft he got the job done in 30 mins and charged me $700 for attic mold fogging but online his ads says ((((We fog 1,400 sq. ft for $399)))), plus they did the work really bad. I called and asked why didn't he tell me truth in the beginning, he answered he did that on purpose, he can post any price online when he comes he will give any fake price to the customers. According to labour law this charge is illegal because no one in Canada makes $700 in 30 mins, neither the prime minister, hopefully one day Ministry Of Labour will get involved. Honestly I just hired another company ( Contractor Pro's ) and they are really nice, they did really good job, I paid $1300 they spent almost 4 hours in the attic to remove mold, Portgate guy didn't even go up in the attic ,they stayed out and sprayed something in there about 10-20 mins and then they got paid $700. As they reponded below they are more than happy to refund, I texted Kevin to get the refund but he never replied, should we trust this company anymore? I suggest everybody to hire Contractor Pro's they will do what they promised, you can figure out why I hired another company and spent $1300 again?

Hi Noname, i am sorry that you are not happy with the service.we provided you the estimate based on your scope of your project days before we started your job. We are more than happy to refund you if you are not happy with the service even though i am sure the price was fair and competitive.
Thanks

Tohid in Toronto
Tohid in Toronto

roof replacement

Portgate guys did exceptional job replacing our roof,i contacted kevin few days after a rainstorm, fortunately this guys could come right away and for a quick patch . Few days after we had the entire roof replaced by them, the entire job took only a day. now i can proudly say that i have the most beautiful roof in our neighbourhood. We would definitely recommend them for a new roof and repairs.

Thank you Tohid for your hospitality and endorsement. I am sure that your roof will never leak again.

Roof repair

Had major leak on my father's house after the last storm called few companies the weren't equipped to handle the steep roof and the hight. Eventually called portgate tow young guys showed up didn't even hesitate got their gear together and fixed it in about 25 min.
I was really impressed how they looked and were confident it looks like they really know what their doing
Really happy with them and highly recommend this company thank you Cesar and Kevin a

Pedram in Toronto
Pedram in Toronto

Bathroom roof vent and attic ventation

First, I should say that roofing company should be more reliable than other home construction services because you do not see the job directly and that’s why labour cost is more than other jobs. Unfortunately, this guy is not reliable, I called Cesar couple weeks ago for issue that we had with bathroom exhaust fan vent in windy days then I asked Cesar to replace the roof vent with the one with damper to prevent wind coming inside, he showed me vent with damper and I trusted him that he will install it but unfortunately, he replaced current vent with the same one! and I did not recognize until next windy day and when I asked him we still have issue and why the damper does not work he told me that I don’t have 5” vent with damper that’s why I installed vent without damper !
With simple google search I find 5” vent with damper at Lowes for $20.
And he said if you want to put vent with damper I should replace all duct and elbows which cost me $700 to $800.
And at the same time, he told me that I should add more vent because our attic does not have enough, and then he suggested turbine vent, and I asked him if we need that please install it. Now after 2 weeks the turbine making noise and I do not know about quality of product that he suggested, now he does not response to my message.
He is not reliable. I regret why I trust this guy.

I belive that you need to contact me directly (kevin), please use the company number here in homestars to contact me. We need to make sure you u wrote your review for the right company!

Adrian from Pickering
Adrian from Pickering
1 review Whitby, ON

Attic ventilation issues

I suspected that my roof has some ventilation issues as a couple of portions were torn off during last January's winter storm. Also went up to the attic and found that it was unbearably hot even on a 20C-high day. Just the same I contacted Kevin to do an inspection and a recommendation - the agreed cost was $125. Kevin is a pleasant guy to talk to, but be wary of up selling. In the end I settled for no inspection, installation of a turbine vent - $280 and replacing 4 of my static vents - $85 each to improve air flow. The static vents were a bit iffy as i was told that to old ones were "useless" and full of dust, but i took a photo of my attic to debunk this - one on the left is an old vent, one of the right is a new vent. Have to say though that they did help me in repairing 1 broken shingle - for free. Overall, its an ok experience to work with them, punctual and seemed to be sufficiently knowledgable.

I belive that you need to contact me directly (kevin), please use the company number here in homestars to contact me. We need to make sure ypu roght your review for the right company!

shana in Toronto
shana in Toronto
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Roof

When the flat roof on my house started leaking I called a few roof companies for estimates. I decided to go with Portgate because they sounded very professional. They were extremely nice and took the time to explain a whole bunch of things I didnt know and understood about my roof. I couldn't be happier with the results and their ability to answer all my questions. The best part was that left everything very clean and tidy. I would definitely recommend Porgate to anybody!

Thank you Again!

Hi Shana, Thanks for the review it was a pleasure doing business with you.I am so glad that you finally decided to do the complete roof replacement after that quick roof repair, we wanted to make sure that you were taken care of before the weather came back. Thanks again for the business and take care. Kevin - Portgate Roofing

Nick
Nick

Roof repair.

I asked Cesar for some help fixing my roof after we had some damage from the elements. They came on time and fixed the holes in my roof and recommended a solution to help deter future problems and preserve the life of my roof. They installed new shingles, reinforced the damaged areas with metal, installed drip edge, installed a wind turbine and added a new downspout to my eaves troughs. Overall I'm relieved this was done and confident it was done right. When I renovate my home in the future I'll keep them in mind.

Thank you Nick,Hopefully no more roof service call for animal damage roof Repair until you ready to change the roof. so glad to hear that everything was to your satisfaction.
Portgate roofing team.

More about PortGate Inc.

PORTGATE INC Residential roof repair services *24/ 7 emergency calls **Free estimates for all services** (647) 289 4107 Complete Roof Replacement | Installation Services - - - ✔ SHINGLE ✔ FLAT ROOFS ✔ EAVESTROUGH ✔ INSULATION All Kind of roof Vent Stop Attic Mold growth today with our mold fogging ...
Looking for Roofing pros in Toronto?