Shortt Stop Plumbing

Shortt Stop Plumbing

Reviews for Shortt Stop Plumbing

Private User reviews , ON

Drainage problem

Mr. Shortt was very helpful and treated me fairly for the work that was performed. The work was done efficiently and he left no mess for me to clean up.

Meaghan Palynchuk from Hamilton
Meaghan Palynchuk from Hamilton
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Plumbing fix in basement

Dave from Shortt Stop was so great, helped me realize what I thought was a problem, actually wasn't:) But then he was able to install new valves for my washer !! I have already recommended this company on Twitter !! Very reasonable cost as well, and timely !!

Jim from Burlington
Jim from Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Replace Toilet, shower taps and kitchen taps

Dave did and excellent job of replacing a toilet and installing a new shower taps. The installation of the shower taps was not straight forward but Dave made the job look easy. I was very impressed this plumbing knowledge and his work. I also had Dave replace the kitchen taps. I purchased the taps and Dave installed them. I would have no hesitation in calling Dave for any plumbing job. His work is top notch and he cleans up the work site when the job is completed. His rates are very reasonable.

Chris from Carlisle
Chris from Carlisle
1 review Smithville, ON

Sump pump installation

I called Shortt Stop Plumbing after having some sump pump difficulty. Right from my first phone call, Dave was excellent to deal with. His prices were more than reasonable and the quality of his work was second to none. Dave installed a new sump pump with battery back up in just over two hours, and took the time to explain the system. Dave was absolutely meticulous and left my house spotless.

I decided to have two additional jobs completed while Dave was here (shower valve changed and two faucet cartidges repaired). Again both were completed quickly, without issue and for a reasonable price.

I highly recommend Dave to other homeowners, and will use him again down the road. His prices were excellent and his work was great. Don't waste your time calling the "bigger" companies - the quality of their service just can't compete.

Jane from Oakville
Jane from Oakville

Plumbing

I needed two faucets replaced, shut off valves installed plus a replacement shut off valve in the basement. Dave responded very quickly, called back within the hour and was able to fit in the work on same day which exceeded my expectations. He is a fast and skilled worker, I'm very pleased with the work he did and he is absolutely honest with his advice. His costs are also very reasonable, especially compared to other plumbers I've used in the past. I would call him again for any plumbing work I need and will be sure to recommend him to friends and family in the area.

Catherine in Hamilton
Catherine in Hamilton
6 reviews Hamilton, ON

Replace kitchen tap

I called Dave today to have our old kitchen tap replaced with one we had purchased. He was able to fit us in between jobs, which was a bonus to us. Dave is very pleasant and informative. His pricing is reasonable. We will be calling him back for all of our plumbing needs.

Nate from Hamilton
Nate from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Quick Plumbing Repair

I'm a new homeowner and had called some bigger, well-established companies for a quote on a very quick plumbing repair. They were not interested and most didn't even bother calling me back. After looking through this website I found the reviews for Shortt Stop and gave him a call. I left a message and Dave promptly returned my call that evening and set up an appointment for next day, and told me an estimated cost.

He came at the time he said he would, fixed my problem and was finished in about an hour. He also gave me some quotes on other minor issues, (bringing older home up to code, etc.), that I could get done at a later time, no pressure.

Dave was nothing but polite and professional. I bounced quite a few questions off of him and he had answers for every one. I will highly recommend him to any of my friends and family and will use him again in the future.

Helen in Hamilton from Hamilton
Helen in Hamilton from Hamilton
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Plumbing

I wish I could give Dave Shortt 20 Stars. I broke a shut off valve trying to replace a laundry tub. He took out the old tub, replaced stuck/old shut off valves and relocated for future access, installed a stand pipe, dismantled the old crooked drain under the tub leading into the cement floor. Re-routed everything to the stand pipe. Fixed a new faucet that I put together badly. Checked everything again and again to ensure no leaks. This guy is honest, detailed and hard working. I am calling him in the future and referring him to everyone. He spent 4 hours bringing me up to code & a lot of other extras I can't even remember it all. I couldn't be happier.

George/Jerry in the Delta, Hamilton
George/Jerry in the Delta, Hamilton
9 reviews Hamilton, ON

Bathroom Vanities

We added a second vanity to our main bathroom where there had been a bidet and replaced the original vanity at the same time to have a matched pair. We called and Dave was available to come the next day. He redid the existing couplings and installed the vanities without any problems. He was precise, and tidy in his work. All is looking beautiful. We will definitely have him do any future work.

Karl from Burlington
Karl from Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Kitchen drain plugged

Met Dave at Emco , a very helpful plumbing retail store. He was loading his truck for a job . Took the time to listen to me . He showed up , when he said he would . Very professional efficient and affordable . Fixed my drain problem and cleaned up my handyman mistakes . Anyone I know with plumbing problems i will refer to Shortt Stop Plumbing

Looking for Plumbing pros in Hamilton?