Alo Upholstery & Interiors

Reviews for Alo Upholstery & Interiors

Debra in Toronto
Debra in Toronto

Excellent advise, excellent workmanship

My first experience with Alo took place 4 years ago. At the time I dealt directly with Darren and had 3 wing chairs and 2 loveseats reupholstered. He was very helpful with fabric choices and made a couple of suggestions which involved restyling of the loveseats. The results were amazing and I couldn’t have been happier. Two years later he did an ottoman for me and he did it in record time as I was scheduled for knee surgery and was hoping to have it around for my recovery. This past month I went to their new location in Concord
and met Terri who is absolutely lovely to work with. Her expertise in the fabric area was extremely helpful. I had 5 chrome dining chairs recovered as well as a large slipper chair and ottoman. The end result was beyond fabulous!! If your looking to have a quality piece of furniture reupholstered, look no further, the Alo team will give you the results you’re looking for and you’re guaranteed to walk away with a smile on your face.

Hi Debra

Thank you for taking to time to write us an amazing review!! We are so glad to hear that you experience with us has always been a great one and you were a pleasure to work with as well!! All the best at your new place!

Ryan from York
Ryan from York

Amazing Chair Refinishing Experience

I recently had a fantastic experience with Terri and team at Alo. I was looking for someone to help refinish my grandfather's chair. From my initial communication via email to getting the finished product I was extremely satisfied with the service. Terri was very responsive and friendly and was always looking to ensure that I had a pleasant experience. The finished product is amazing and I am very happy. I will bringing all my future work to Terri and Alo.

Hi Ryan

Thanks for this amazing review!! I'm so glad your experience with us was a pleasant one. You were a pleasure to work with as well!! We look forward to doing more future work with you!! :)

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Exceeded my expectations

A friend recommended Alo Upholstery & Interiors and I decided to give them a try on three chairs that each needed a different treatment. I wrote out very explicit instructions for how I wanted the patterns matched and the trims handled. Alo delivered exactly on time, at exactly the price quoted and the job was superb. They were sensitive to all my concerns and actually delivered chairs that were far more beautiful than I expected. They were always prompt in responding to my inquiries, pleasant to deal with and delivered superb workmanship. They are my go-to upholsterer from now on!

Thank you so much for the amazing review!!! You were a please to work with as well and again we are so happy to hear that your experience with us was a good one.

Mario E
Mario E

Do Not Look Any Further

Be warned, this is a gushing review. When I came across ALO on Home Stars I actually found it hard to believe that there were so many completely satisfied customers, a rare event in my humble opinion. My first call was to the store where I spoke with Terri. I explained that I had a number of pieces (15 in total) requiring reupholstering, one of them a sectional sofa that had to be broken down and expanded, not an easy job. Now completed it sits 12 people comfortably. After having a very positive discussion with Terri, I asked if I could visit the place where the work is done. Without question, a time was set up and I arrived a day later to meet Darren and his father Peng. I was impressed, I saw pieces that were in process and I was able to look at a number of finished pieces. Bottom line, Darren is a perfectionist, it became clear to me that nothing goes out the door unless it meets with his 100% approval. Following that meeting, Darren visited our home to go over the work but especially to figure out the best way to expand the sectional. After that meeting, I was ready to move forward, this was a substantial job for us but after everything I had seen and heard I felt I was making the right decision. I note that while Alo has access to a number of fabric companies, we had already made our choices with another supplier. It turned out that Alo was able to deal directly with our chosen suppliers, that helped simplify matters. This is a family business, Peng (father) Darren (son) Terri and Jing (daughters), you can expect the same care and dedication from each family member. It was an absolute pleasure to work with them, we are 110% satisfied. I highly recommend to anyone looking for an upholsterer to look no further.

Mario

Hi Mario

Thanks again for the amazing review!!! It was such a pleasure working with you as well and we are all so happy to hear how satisfied you are with our work!!!

Karney from Toronto
Karney from Toronto

Excellent workmanship

We got a custom bed made at Alo Upholstery to our exact dimensions, upholstered in leather. Terri was awesome to work with, provides great suggestions and options, she's also great to chat with! Darren's work is top-notch, very high quality. I learned of Alo Upholstery through their YouTube channel. Very happy with the bed!

Thank you so much for the amazing review! You and Angelina were a pleasure to work with as well and we are all so glad that your very happy with your custom headboard. Thanks again for your business.

Rebecca in Toronto
Rebecca in Toronto

3 Reupholstered Restoration Hardware Kitchen chairs

I am absolutely delighted with my 3 reupholstered chairs. They look like new! Terri did a great job at recommending just the right fabric for where and tear in a kitchen environment and yet managed to match the fabric perfectly with my other chairs. They also replaced the cushion and structure of the chair and honestly, they are better than new. All this with a very reasonable price. Will definitely use them again and recommend to my friends. I will also be using them for my upcoming drapery needs. I am very happy!

Hi Rebecca

Thank you so much for the amazing review!! It was a pleasure working with you as well. Looking forward to doing more projects together!

CH
CH

Fabulous Workmanship!

We recently inherited several antique pieces that were over 100 years old and needed to be reupholstered. We were unsure as to whether they could be brought back to life. Wow, were we ever pleasantly surprised. The team, at Alo, did more than just reupholster the chairs, they made the pieces look even more beautiful than they originally were. The workmanship was outstanding, their attention to detail was impressive and all in all they did a fabulous job! We are so pleased and will not hesitate to refer friends and family to them. Great job! Will definitely
bring future items to them.

Thank you so much for the amazing review! You both were a pleasure to work with as well. Looking forward to doing more projects together in the future.

Jane a.
Jane a.

Furniture Upholstery

Words cannot express the fabulous job done by Terri, Darren and team at Alo Upholstery & Interiors. We had 9 old, rickety, worn-out dining room chairs that were re-upholstered and fixed up -- now fit for a king and queen. Also created a cushion for the window seat in front of our big bay window. Gorgeous. Finally, I had a sizable vanity table and chair that was completely re-upholstered and it looks absolutely stunning. All the work exceeded my expectations and without hesitation I encourage others to choose Alo Upholstery and Interiors! Thank you Terri, Darren and your team for a wonderful process and fabulous work!

Thank you so much for the amazing review!!! You both were a pleasure to work with!!!

sage.inc in Toronto
sage.inc in Toronto

Special suede cushions with designer stitching.

This is the 2nd time I’ve had the pleasure of working with Terri at Alo Upholstery. The first time was to re-cover some expensive leather chaors. This time it was to make very high-end cushions.

In both cases the workmanship was excellent, and Terri was delightful to work with.

I would highly recommend this company!!!

Thanks again for using our services and we are so glad to hear that your experience with our company was a great one! You, were a pleasure to work with and to more projects together in the new year. Thanks again for this amazing review :)

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Sofa

Great service and quality!! Everyone there was so helpful with all my questions and was so friendly to work with from start to finish!! Will definitely go back to get more work done.

Thanks again for using our services and glad to hear that your experience with our company was a great one!

More about Alo Upholstery & Interiors

Alo Upholstery & Interiors specializes in custom made furniture and re-upholstery including working with genuine leather, custom headboards, refinishing and antique restoration. We also do window treatments plus installation.

We carry a wide range of fabric samples from Robert Allen, Joanne Fabrics, Maxwell Fabrics, Kravets, Charlotte Fabrics and etc. in our showroom for furniture and Drapery.

*Estimates are free!*

Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to see our latest projects.

IG: alo_upholstery