The Honest Electrician Inc.

Electricians
2229 33 Street SW Calgary AB T3E 2S9
Bathroom Renovation
The Honest Electrician Inc.

Best of 2019 winner 5 timesBest of 2019winner 5 times

Reviews for The Honest Electrician Inc.

Leslie
Leslie

Replacement of light fixtures.

I contacted Kyle after reading numerous positive reviews on HomeStars. These reviews couldn't have been more accurate and mirror my experience with Kyle. He was in touch very quickly to set up a time that worked for me and came promptly as promised. He couldn't have been more delightful to have in my home and replaced two of my light fixtures in no time. The third fixture required some modifications to allow it to work in the space and Kyle knew exactly what to do and spliced together the wiring so that everything fit perfectly. While at my home, I was able to ask for advice regarding other lighting issues I have and will most definitely have Kyle back to deal with those. His bill was much less than I had anticipated and I am 100% satisfied with his work. I would encourage anyone looking for an electrician to contact Kyle!

Thank you Leslie for the great review. I am looking forward to working with you again.

pb
pb

Hanging new lights

Kyle and Darcy were excellent. Very friendly and professional. Would highly recommend! Did and excellent job, easy to deal with, and cleaned up when they left.

Thank you for your business and I appreciate the great review.

Mike Brousseau  from Calgary
Mike Brousseau from Calgary

Kitchen and Family room pot lights

Kyle installed 13 pot lights in our kitchen and family room which made a world of difference to the look and enjoyment of the space. Kyle is a total professional, courteous, and very careful in carrying out his work. We'll certainly have him back on future projects and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone requiring a fair and honest electrician. Thanks for your quick service and attention Kyle.

Thank you for the honest review, I appreciate this greatly.

Pamela in Calgary
Pamela in Calgary

Great service, good price

We had 3 ceiling fans installed. His estimate came in about $300.00 less than the others. The installation was booked less than one week after the fans arrived. The installation was quick, professional, and very well done. We are extremely satisfied.

Thank you for the great review.

Mark in Calgary
Mark in Calgary
1 review Chestermere, AB

Light fixture installation (16' ceiling in foyer)

It's not always easy to get someone to do a small job, but Kyle was very willing to do this for us. He was very pleasant, efficient and professional. I would definitely use him again for any job, big or small.

Thank you very much for the kind review Mark. I appreciate your kind words.

crackers in Calgary
crackers in Calgary

Project

On the phone had my questions answered to my satisfaction. He was prompt. Other than the specified task, he did not hesitate to do other tasks ,like changing another fixture etc. and wall sockets. He also asked to check how I wanted things, this way or that.
Very professional and respectful . You don't see much of that around these days.
Shirley Phillips

Thank you very much for your great review.

Sarah & Marc in Calgary
Sarah & Marc in Calgary

Panel Upgrade Completion

My partner and I made the mistake of having another electrician come to our house to start on a rewire and panel upgrade project at our new house and found out quickly that they were less than what we expected of a professional company. We decided part way through the project to let them go and give Kyle a call as we had worked with him in the past and it was great. Why we didn't just call him in the first place is still beyond me but i'm really glad we did. Kyle pulled through for us in a big way by coming out to complete what the first electricians started despite reservations about having to take responsibility for the quality of work that had already been completed. He never failed to show up on time and complete the work he said he would each day with no excuses. On top of that he is incredibly friendly, professional, efficient and an overall pleasure to work with and I wouldn't hesistate to recommend him to anyone. Thank you Kyle, we truly appreciate it and hope we get to work with you again in the future!

Thank you guys very much for the great review. I appreciate the review a lot. Looking forward to working with you again in the future for sure.

Guss in Calgary
Guss in Calgary

Project

We are so glad that Home Depot recommended that we have Kyle come and do our light fixtures, moving our microwave and exchanging our light switches. He was very punctual and took the time to explain what he was going to do for us.

We definitely would recommend him to others who need electrical work done.

Thank very much for the great review. I appreciate your response and your business. Looking forward to helping you or your friends in the future.

M. Patricia Murphy  T3Z 3L7 in Calgary
M. Patricia Murphy T3Z 3L7 in Calgary
2 reviews Canmore, AB

Hard wire automatic patio screens / create new electrical outlet / install dimmer lights

Kyle Moss, the Honest Electician, has come to our home in Canmore twice - once to look at the work to be done and provide a quote, and once to perform the work. He was very punctual both times. The quote he initially provided was detailed and very reasonable, and in the end when the work did not take as long as he had thought, he knocked an hour off the final bill. Kyle was in my home for 2.5 hours, and I found him to be pleasant and efficient throughout. I would not hesitate to recommend Kyle to anyone.

Thank you for the awesome review Patricia. I appreciate your honesty and the detailed information.

Sunil Bengali in Calgary
Sunil Bengali in Calgary

Pot lights installed

Kyle installed pot lights at my place. He provided excellent service, with short notice. He was very prompt in his response and met timeline as promised. Cleaned the area after completing his work. Very thorough and professional service. I would recommend him anytime for any electrical work.

Thank you very much for the great review Sunil. It's greatly appreciated and I look forward to working with you again in the future.

More about The Honest Electrician Inc.

Over 30 Years of Combined Electrical Experience, Master Electrician since 2008. Certified Journeyman since 2004 at Red Deer College. Very knowledgeable on Canadian Electrical Code and City of Calgary Standata Requirements. Recently upgraded Canadian Electrical Code at SAIT with a course called "What's New in the Code" Renovation specialist, Aluminum wiring repairs, garage wiring, basement wiring, insurance service upgrades, hot tub wiring and other electrical service calls. Boiler systems, commercial and industrial distribution systems. Registered instrumentation apprentice with 5 years experience in installation, calibration and trouble shooting of various instruments.

Safety is Our Main Priority
The Honest Electrician is licensed, bonded, insured, and WCB covered. This means there’s no risk to you or your business should anything untoward ever happen while we’re carrying out electrical work on your property. We are also trained in the operation of specialty equipment, such as aerial work platforms.

Industrial & Supervisory Experience
The Honest Electrician has a diverse industrial background spanning multiple industries. He began his career as a construction electrician for various diamond mines, then moved onto oilfield electrical operations work. Kyle then became an Electrical Foreman/Superintendent for three ongoing projects at the Cameco uranium mines in northern Saskatchewan, where he oversaw two teams of 15 workers. After concluding his supervisor work at Cameco, Kyle went on to become an underground mine electrician for Tron Power. He then returned to the oilpatch as a sub-contractor working for CNRL, Seven Generations, and Encana.

Commercial Electrical Experience
Kyle Moss, aka The Honest Electrician, has extensive and varied experience working on commercial projects. This includes electrical rough-in work for the TransCanada Tower and Nexen Building in downtown Calgary, and the power distribution system for the Sears expansion at Southcentre Mall. The Honest Electrician has also completed commercial work on the South Health Campus hospital, Glenmore Water Treatment Plant, University of Calgary, and the Calgary International Airport. With a proven track record of completing commercial work on time and on budget, The Honest Electrician can be trusted for your next big job.

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Staying true to our name every project or piece of electrical work we complete is 100% guaranteed. If you aren’t satisfied with the job we do (but we know you will be), then we’ll redo the work free of charge or refund your money.

Commercial Case Study: The Honest Electrician Helped Mountain Mercato in Canmore Stop Experiencing Power Interruptions While Using Their Induction Hot Plates
The specialty food market and café were constantly tripping their main breaker anytime they used their induction hot plates for cooking, which caused everything in the store to come to a standstill. Fed up with the problem, Mountain Mercato called The Honest Electrician to see if he could help. The Honest Electrician immediately recognized the issue; a previously installed 120/208VAC three-phase power system had been poorly balanced. The Honest Electrician spent two hours taking various readings, then moved some breakers around to better balance the system. Mountain Mercato hasn’t tripped their main breaker while using induction hot plates ever since.

Electricians, Bathroom Renovation, Lighting, and Renewable Energy
LED Lighting, Recessed Down Lighting, Stairway and Theater Lighting, ARC Fault and GFCI Protection Where Required. Siemens and Cutler Hammer Distribution Centers.
Residential Services Wiring for Home Renovations Kitchens Bathrooms Basements Additions Garage Hot tubs Electric vehicle charging Air conditioning Electrical Repairs Lighting Repairs Lighting, Bathroom & Ceiling Fan Installations LED Lighting Installations Renewable Energy Solar Installation Wind turbines Aluminium Remediation Commercial Services New Retail, Office and Restaurant Builds & Renovations Kitchen appliances HVAC units Refrigeration units AC units Lighting controls Boiler systems Electrical Service Upgrades Increased capacities for equipment Increased capacities for office spaces Electrical Service Calls Renewable Energy Energy Efficiency Auditing EV (electric vehicle) Charging Stations Large-scale PV installations
Lithonia Lighting, Sylvania, Philips, Sharp Solar, Canadian Solar, Enphase, Xantrex, Siemens, Thomas & Betts, Panasonic, Rab Design, Appleton, Hubble, Cooper, Crouse Hinds, Broan, Eaton, Cutler Hammer, Elite Lighting, Stelpro, Hoffman, Legrand, General Cable, Fluke, Greenlee, Nuheat, Lutron, Northern Cables, Kidde, IPEX
HID Bay Lights, Under Counter LED, Down Lighting, Wall Lights, Industrial and Commercial Lighting
Energy Auditing, Educating People on Saving Energy and Money, Home Renovations Both Kitchen, Basement and Restoration After Flood or Water Damages, Electrical Panel and Service Upgrades, Service Work and Trouble Shooting Electrical Problems, Renewable Energy Designing and Installations.
30 Days
Cash, cheque, money order or electronic funds transfer
City of Calgary Business License, Alberta Prepaid Contractors License