The Honest Electrician Inc.

Electricians
2229 33 Street SW Calgary AB T3E 2S9
Electricians
The Honest Electrician Inc.

Best of 2019 winner 5 timesBest of 2019winner 5 times

Reviews for The Honest Electrician Inc.

Ivonne from Calgary
Ivonne from Calgary

Gave me peace of mind

We had several older light fixtures acting funny and burning out bulbs. Kyle responded very quickly to my email query and fit me in within a couple of days. He checked the panel installation, found the voltage coming in a wee bit high (which I will be mentioning to ENMAX), checked all the fixtures and replaced them with new ones. Our greatest concern had been we might have an electrical issue that could cause a short, but Kyle set our mind at ease as everything tested well. He was friendly and effcient. I would highly recommend Kyle!

Thank you Ivonne for the wonderful review. Appreciate your honesty!! Kyle

Arnie.Chamberlain
Arnie.Chamberlain

installing our fan hood

Mike was very considerate,flexible and creative in finding the best solution,knowledgeable about fan hoods and cleaning up all materials when he was done.highly efficient

Appreciate the great review Arnie, thank you very much!

rachellev
rachellev

Electrical issue

It was a fairly easy fix and he took care of it quickly. I would recommend and will hire him again.

Awesomeness Rachelle. Thank you for the great review.

mundys4
mundys4

Wiring and cabling

They moved power and a/v wiring to along a couple of walls to fit with a new built in wall unit we installed. They were timely, professional and clear about costs.

Sweet thank you for the great review! We appreciate your review.

dean
dean
1 review Canmore, AB

New power panel install in existing building

Kyle was responsible for new wiring, and adapting existing wiring. Kyle installed a new power panel, running several large cables (to supply a small bakery). Kyle is always professional, punctual, efficient, and cognizant of our operating business (much of the work was conducted when our business was open).

Thank you very much for the awesome review Dean we appreciate that very much and it was a pleasure working with you!

afi501
afi501

New electrical service, meter move, rewire old home

Kyle was excellent to work with. He was efficient and professional. I learned much during the project as I was working on separate wiring and asked questions throughout. Kyle took time to answer my questions and offered recommendations that were simple and cost effective. All of the work was completed in a timely manner and he worked around my schedule. Kyle and his workers were good to clean-up and make sure all was working before leaving. I appreciate the work that was done as it gets me on track with continuing my other projects. What I was quoted for the work was what it cost and that was a very fair price. I would recommend Kyle, The Honest Electrician, for anyone who has challenging electrical work to be completed for sure! I look forward to working with him again on future electrical projects. Thanks for being my dog’s bestie too!

Thank you for the very kind review and I am very happy that your dog loves me. I really needed a doggie friend that day!!

Gordon G.
Gordon G.

Light switch in furnace room

The electrician , was professional , friendly , excellent work , cleaned up any of the mess , and the pricing was excellent!

Thank you very much for the excellent review Gordon!!

cherylsalter8
cherylsalter8
1 review Canmore, AB

Replace light fixture

Here on time, offered opinion on how to make replacement easier and less expensive would call again if need electrician

Thank you for the great review Cheryl, we appreciate your support.

Patrick
Patrick

Bathroom fan install

Michael showed up on time and completed the installation of my new bathroom fan in less time than expected. He made sure it was properly vented and cleaned everything up. It was a very professional job. He even helped me fix a problem I was having with a light bulb which I greatly appreciated. Without being asked, Kyle reduced my invoice. The Honest Electrition truly is and I highly recommend them.

Thank you for the very kind review Patrick. I appreciate your honesty and your business!

Dean in Toronto
Dean in Toronto

Light fixtures,dimmers

Excellent service, prompt and timely on time. The quality work was second to none and at a very reasonable rate. I have done some electrical jobs myself but I will definitely call Kyle again; big or small he will do it all.
Dean

Awesomeness thank you for the great review Dean. Greatly appreciated!

More about The Honest Electrician Inc.

Over 30 Years of Combined Electrical Experience, Master Electrician since 2008. Certified Journeyman since 2004 at Red Deer College. Very knowledgeable on Canadian Electrical Code and City of Calgary Standata Requirements. Recently upgraded Canadian Electrical Code at SAIT with a course called "What's New in the Code" Renovation specialist, Aluminum wiring repairs, garage wiring, basement wiring, insurance service upgrades, hot tub wiring and other electrical service calls. Boiler systems, commercial and industrial distribution systems. Registered instrumentation apprentice with 5 years experience in installation, calibration and trouble shooting of various instruments.

Safety is Our Main Priority
The Honest Electrician is licensed, bonded, insured, and WCB covered. This means there’s no risk to you or your business should anything untoward ever happen while we’re carrying out electrical work on your property. We are also trained in the operation of specialty equipment, such as aerial work platforms.

Industrial & Supervisory Experience
The Honest Electrician has a diverse industrial background spanning multiple industries. He began his career as a construction electrician for various diamond mines, then moved onto oilfield electrical operations work. Kyle then became an Electrical Foreman/Superintendent for three ongoing projects at the Cameco uranium mines in northern Saskatchewan, where he oversaw two teams of 15 workers. After concluding his supervisor work at Cameco, Kyle went on to become an underground mine electrician for Tron Power. He then returned to the oilpatch as a sub-contractor working for CNRL, Seven Generations, and Encana.

Commercial Electrical Experience
Kyle Moss, aka The Honest Electrician, has extensive and varied experience working on commercial projects. This includes electrical rough-in work for the TransCanada Tower and Nexen Building in downtown Calgary, and the power distribution system for the Sears expansion at Southcentre Mall. The Honest Electrician has also completed commercial work on the South Health Campus hospital, Glenmore Water Treatment Plant, University of Calgary, and the Calgary International Airport. With a proven track record of completing commercial work on time and on budget, The Honest Electrician can be trusted for your next big job.

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Staying true to our name every project or piece of electrical work we complete is 100% guaranteed. If you aren’t satisfied with the job we do (but we know you will be), then we’ll redo the work free of charge or refund your money.

Commercial Case Study: The Honest Electrician Helped Mountain Mercato in Canmore Stop Experiencing Power Interruptions While Using Their Induction Hot Plates
The specialty food market and café were constantly tripping their main breaker anytime they used their induction hot plates for cooking, which caused everything in the store to come to a standstill. Fed up with the problem, Mountain Mercato called The Honest Electrician to see if he could help. The Honest Electrician immediately recognized the issue; a previously installed 120/208VAC three-phase power system had been poorly balanced. The Honest Electrician spent two hours taking various readings, then moved some breakers around to better balance the system. Mountain Mercato hasn’t tripped their main breaker while using induction hot plates ever since.

Electricians, Bathroom Renovation, Lighting, and Renewable Energy
LED Lighting, Recessed Down Lighting, Stairway and Theater Lighting, ARC Fault and GFCI Protection Where Required. Siemens and Cutler Hammer Distribution Centers.
Residential Services Wiring for Home Renovations Kitchens Bathrooms Basements Additions Garage Hot tubs Electric vehicle charging Air conditioning Electrical Repairs Lighting Repairs Lighting, Bathroom & Ceiling Fan Installations LED Lighting Installations Renewable Energy Solar Installation Wind turbines Aluminium Remediation Commercial Services New Retail, Office and Restaurant Builds & Renovations Kitchen appliances HVAC units Refrigeration units AC units Lighting controls Boiler systems Electrical Service Upgrades Increased capacities for equipment Increased capacities for office spaces Electrical Service Calls Renewable Energy Energy Efficiency Auditing EV (electric vehicle) Charging Stations Large-scale PV installations
Lithonia Lighting, Sylvania, Philips, Sharp Solar, Canadian Solar, Enphase, Xantrex, Siemens, Thomas & Betts, Panasonic, Rab Design, Appleton, Hubble, Cooper, Crouse Hinds, Broan, Eaton, Cutler Hammer, Elite Lighting, Stelpro, Hoffman, Legrand, General Cable, Fluke, Greenlee, Nuheat, Lutron, Northern Cables, Kidde, IPEX
HID Bay Lights, Under Counter LED, Down Lighting, Wall Lights, Industrial and Commercial Lighting
Energy Auditing, Educating People on Saving Energy and Money, Home Renovations Both Kitchen, Basement and Restoration After Flood or Water Damages, Electrical Panel and Service Upgrades, Service Work and Trouble Shooting Electrical Problems, Renewable Energy Designing and Installations.
30 Days
Cash, cheque, money order or electronic funds transfer
City of Calgary Business License, Alberta Prepaid Contractors License