HomeStars  >  Waterproofing in St. Catharines  >  Canada Waterproofers

Reviews for Canada Waterproofers

Mila from Toronto

My house is 50 plus years old and I learned from internet that over a period of time, cemented walls and foundations will soon crack that will cause basement flooding. This alerted my concerns and had planned to do basement waterproofing. Before executing my plan, I studied and learned about interior and exterior waterproofing. I learned about signs and causes of basement flooding. I concentrated on exterior waterproofing which the best plan suited for my case. I saw and listened videos on the steps and process in basement waterproofing. I am a cautious and conscientious homeowner. To avoid being taken advantage as there are many contractors that take advantage of ignorant and innocent homeowner, I did my research and learn the work to be done, the materials being used and contacted at least 5 contractors. When you do your own research, you'll be able to follow and understand what the contractors are talking about. I got these 5 contractors quotes and analysed and compared them, which quotes are comparatively the same. I had chosen a contractor that will do everything that I wanted to be done, and that was Canada Waterproofers. Not only they quoted me reasonable price but also willing to do other stuffs such as replacing the 3-year old sump pump with a back-up battery. They also installed a trench drain and new catch basin in the end of my driveway as it is slopping down from the street level that cause water puddles & flooding. They also fix my dryer vent which have been almost at the ground level. During winter, fallen snow would blocked this dryer vent. Canada Waterproofer installed PVC pipe extending upward, elevating the dryer vent one foot height. All these works were done in 5 days. Basement waterproofing was manually done, hand-digging around the perimeter of my house due to gas pipe line. I am very satisfied and happy of the work done. I would not hesitate to recommend this company for waterproofing and other plumbing work. The team of Carl and Stewart did an excellent job. I would be proud to highly recommend them.

Hi Mila
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our company.
You have been a great customer to work with, and carl was extremely happy that you did your homework before we started, as you knew exactly what was being done at your home.
We really love educated homeowners as you can see that we provide professional and quality work.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you would need anything in the future
Canada Waterproofers team.

J H.

I invited 3 companies on site to inspect the property, assess what was needed to stop water leaking into the basement and to provide an estimate. Two of the companies did not provide a satisfactory remedial plans. Carl McDowell of Canada Waterproofers had excellent knowledge of waterproofing and very practical solutions to the problem. Carl was a pleasure to deal with from the first site meeting to signing off the job at its conclusion. He was patient and clear in all his explanations, and in many respects went above and beyond expectations. His crew was efficient and thorough in their workmanship and their follow-through in terms of finishing details and clean-up. The restoration work was superbly done. Carl was always accessible and helped me complete the City of Toronto flood subsidy forms. I had excellent experience and would highly recommend Carl.

Thank you so much for such kind words.
We really appreciate your business and thank you for choosing canada waterproofers to do your waterproofing project.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you would need anything in the future.
best regards
Canada Waterproofers Team

Jennifer in Toronto

We recently completely gutted and renovated a 110 year old home. One of the projects that had to be completed was basement underpinning and Waterproofing - one of the back additions of the house did not have sufficient foundation. We had 3 contractors quote on the job and by far Carl and the team at Canada Waterproofers were the most responsive and professional. The crew that completed the work were fantastic - there was nothing easy about the job - the soil in our area is like clay but they got the job done, and very well done, in 3.5 weeks. The basement is dry and the house didn’t budge even 1 cm from the underpinning. Of all the contractors we’ve had in our house in the past year, Canada Waterproofers is one of the best. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to waterproof or underpin.

Hi Jennifer
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, it was such a pleasure to work with you guys, and I'm very happy you guys are happy with our work.
Thanks again and if you would need anything in true further please don't hesitate to contact us

hodadehmeshki

I had leak in my basement about two months ago and contacted several companies for an estimate. Carl, a representative from Canada waterproofers, came by within a few hours. Carl was very helpful, professional, and knowledgeable, and gave me the most competitive price and reasonable start date. He was also very quick in answering my phone calls/text messages and stayed within the quoted price.
The staff was extremely efficient, skilled, and courteous. They completed the job within the estimated time. They also did a great job in cleaning up after the work was completed.
It was an absolute pleasure to work with Canada waterproofers and I highly recommend it.

Hi Hoda
Thanks so much for reviewing our company
We really appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Canada waterproofers to waterproof your home.
If you would need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact us

rthomas1 in Toronto

For years I had dreaded the thought that I needed to have my entire foundation waterproofed. Not only the enormity of the job but We also have a lovely back porch made of wood, which we enjoy and did not want to loose.

I had four quotes, but little confidence in the people who had quoted. I looked on Home Stars and found Canada Waterproofers. I contacted them for a quote.

Slava Koval came to quote the job. I was immediately impressed with him and his knowledge. He explained, he spent many years doing the actual digging and sealing himself. I could tell he knew his trade well. We agreed on the start date.

On the agreed date, Slava and his team arrived. Without delay the men put their heads down and dug, and I mean dug, there was not enough room for any machinery. I could not believe how hard his team worked. They took the time and actually dug under our back porch.

In five days they completed what I saw as an insurmountable task. I would highly recommend Canada Waterproofers and Slav Koval to anyone who asked. Thanks Slava.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of our company.

We really appreciate you noting how hard our guys work, and thank you for seeing how knowledgeable slava is in our field, we truly believe that it's important to have knowledge in what do, so we can provide the best service possible.

Thanks again for choosing canada waterproofers.
Best regards Canada waterproofers team

Kira in East york

Canada Waterproofers was the 4th company to come by our place to assess leaking in our basement. The previous visitors had suggested it might be a problem with our drains or foundation, both of which would entail costly repairs. After hearing my background of what we knew so far, in just minutes, Slava identified the real source of the problem, shining a flashlight into our furnace room and pointing out what no one else had noticed, that our furnace was leaking! When I was stunned at how quickly he'd figured it out, Slava mentioned that before he even knocked on the door, he'd looked at how close our gutters are to our neighbours' gutters and decided that water getting to the foundations was an unlikely cause of our problem, and so he was already investigating other possible sources. He also pointed out a tiny particle floating in the water, running west along the back wall toward my closet (where I'd thought the leak was). It was so clever and efficient that it reminded me of Sherlock Holmes explaining how he solved a mystery! I asked him how much we owed him and he laughed and said it was our free assessment. Wow! I would definitely call Canada Waterproofers if I ever needed waterproofing in the future, or recommend them to anyone else who needed it.

Hi Kira

We would just like to thank you for writing such a positive review of our company.
Slava is a great asset, and we are really happy he was able to save you unnecessary repairs.
If you would need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact us.

Carole in Toronto

The company did a very good waterproof job for us today. Carl is knowledgeable person and provides a nice customer service. His team Alex and Nicole worked very hard. I feel totally satisfied with their work.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review.
We really appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Canada waterproofers to waterproof your basement.
If you would need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact us
Canada waterproofers team

After receiving a quote of $40-$50k to fix my foundation, Slava arrived and following assessment, quoted $3K. Without removing my deck, the workers did a meticulous job that already withstood another insane rainstorm. This is a quality operation led with integrity. Highly recommend.

Thank you for writing a positive review for our company.
We are so happy that slava could find a more cost affective solution for your water problem.
Here at Canada waterproofers we believe integrity and honesty is the most important thing, and we believe that finding the right solution is the right way to run a honest business.
Thanks again and take care

R & M in North Toronto

Slava and his team were a dream to work with. I got a couple of quotes, and his was the most reasonable, he was able to quote immediately, he was available to start on short notice, and promised to finish the job in a shorter time frame than anyone else. He also showed me his beautiful work at another job site. Everything was done as promised, but even faster than he anticipated. His crew worked over a weekend to ensure they stayed on schedule. They also did additional concrete removal that my demolition crew weren't sure how to handle. They kept everything clean and were extremely professional. Slava is extremely responsive. I am so grateful for their hard work, and I would use them again without hesitation.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our company.
Slava will be very happy that you took the time to do this.
If you would need anything in the future please feel free to contact us.

Stewart in Toronto

After canvassing several friends for recommendations, and getting three estimates for flood-proofing a basement storage room (new interior weeping tile, sump pump installation and sealing membrane on the walls) and installing a backwater valve, I went with Canada Waterproofers. Carl McDowell was the project coordinator, and he was a pleasure to deal with from the first phone call to signing off the job at its conclusion. He was patient and clear in all his explanations, and in many respects went above and beyond expectations. His crew was efficient and thorough in their workmanship and their follow-through in terms of finishing details and clean-up. Carl also helped me fill out the City of Toronto flood subsidy forms. All in all, a first rate experience!

Hi Stewart
We would just like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, and for being such a great customer.
Thank you for choosing canada waterproofers to protect your basement from future leaks.
Please feel free to contact us in the future if you would need anything, or if you have any concerns
Canada waterproofers team.

More about Canada Waterproofers

Welcome to Canada Waterproofers, your one stop shop for all your waterproofing, plumbing and drain repair needs. Canada Waterproofers provide top-quality material and service. With over 25 years experience we know what products, methods and application works best for your unique situation.

Canada Waterproofers specialize in helping you with all your Waterproofing Drain and Plumbing needs. For 25 years servicing the local community with pride.

We believe that high quality workmanship and materials are key to get he job done right the first time. Canada Waterproofers treat our customers homes as if it was our own. From complete home waterproofing to minor repairs…we do it right!

Canada Waterproofers believes in old school values, this is very important in a business filled with dishonesty and careless workmanship.

Here at Canada Waterproofers we are proud of our work, and love to share every step of the job with our customers. Doing this they can understand and be involved on how the job being performed and applies to their unique situation.

Canada Waterproofers can help you with any project big or small, and are always just a phone call away to answer any questions or concerns.

We believe in personalization so when you call our company we won’t send you a sales person. We believe that this is unfair to our customers as we are not interested in just selling a job, but rather figuring out what the problem is at your home and offering the best solution.

Benefits to our customers

25 Year Transferable warranty provided
Over 25-years experience in the industry.
We are fully licensed, insured and have full WSIB coverage
Highly trained technicians that are licensed plumbers and waterproofers.
Building renovators licenses.
Underpinning experts.
We will detect any water leakage on your property, and fix it the first time!
Free non- obligation estimate is provided to all costumers.
We use the latest technology available to make sure our services are top quality.
We only repair what is required, at very competitive prices. Saving homeowners thousands of dollars.

Integrity, Honesty and the highest quality workmanship within the industry. Canada Waterproofers is here for you.

Canada Waterproofers will provide a free no obligation written quote before any work is performed. Once you decide to go ahead with the work rest assured one of our technicians will be constantly monitoring the onsite site activity to be sure that the work is performed to our high standards.

Our technicians pride themselves attending to the smallest of details. Nothing is left to chance therefore ensuring your project is completed to the highest standards.

Here are just some services that we provide

Exterior waterproofing
Interior waterproofing
Sump pump installations
Sump pump battery back up systems
Backflow preventers
Snaking
Camera inspections
Plumbing
And more...

The Team at Canada Waterproofers will only be content when our customers are happy. It’s important our company constantly keeps up our high quality in workmanship and materials to be sure that our customers are completely satisfied now and in the future.

The climate is changing and the challenge of keeping our aging homes becomes more of an issue. Canada Waterproofers are up for the task. Your basement will stay dry and your plumbing will perform properly for years to come. Choose Canada Waterproofers.