In 2016, my husband and I hired OHI to complete a full home renovation. Let me start by saying we purchased a new development home in North East of Oshawa. While the house was being built, we started to look for contractors that would manage our project. We interviewed 4 very reputable companies. We heard about OHI on the radio and heard back from Tony (contact person at OHI) right away. OHI was the first company we met with. After meeting with them, we went on to meet 3 other companies. We asked each company the same questions and gave them the same job description.
After getting a quote from all 4 companies, we decided to narrow our choice down to 2. We revisited the two choices and finally picked OHI to complete the project. Many people have asked me why did we chose OHI. So the following are my reasons:
1) The most reasonable quote was given by OHI
2) They responded back to us in a timely fashion
3) They were open to working within our budget
4) We got to choose our products which by the way were phenomenal and were not over charged for it. If you are wondering the importance of this point, let me tell you that one of the Reno company quoted us a lot higher than OHI and were not able to provide us with the same quality products. They always had an imitation product that they would recommend to lower the quote. This was not the case with OHI. We got exactly what we wanted.
5) The connection we had with Tony. Now if you have ever hired anyone to get a job done you will know how important this point is. If you meet with Tony, you will know that he gives off the vibe of trustworthiness. He is knowledgeable, down to earth and straight forward.
Tony presented the contract to us and discussed it in detail. He even made changes and added points that we requested. The project started on time. Tony was very good at replying to my emails and texts. I never once felt worried about the work being done.
I got the following work done:
1) Full kitchen Reno, which included flooring, back splash, lighting, custom cabinetry, massive island, quartz counter, custom painting, installation of appliance. We gutted the entire builder kitchen except for pantry and built a custom kitchen. Tony had a designer come over and draw us 4 different designs. We then chose one after making a few changes to it.
2) Custom painting of entire house, including ceiling using top of the line Benjamin Moore paint.
3) Baseboard for entire house
4) Crown molding for entire main floor
5) Installation of hardwood flooring in entire house
6) Installation of Porcelain tiles in front foyer and powder room
7) Installation of pot lights and chandelier lights in entire house
8) Feature stone fire place wall with installation of gas fireplace
9) Built-in custom cabinetry on both side of fireplace wall
10) Installation of new vanity and faucets in powder room
11) Installation of quartz counter, sinks and faucets in master ensuite.
12) Staining and finishing of oak stairs ( left unfinished by builder)
13) Custom hardwood vent covers to match our hardwood colour
14) Trim for all the doors and windows in the house
Not only is the workmanship great but the customer service is outstanding. If anyone that does a full home renovation like ours tells you that they had no issues, you know that's not completely true. However, Tony had a solution for every issue that came up, and it was dealt with appropriately. They have a three year warranty on their work. I have called OHI for a couple of minor things months after the renovation was complete and Tony not only responded right away but he also took care of it asap.
The above list is what I can remember, we did add work to the original project during the course of the renovation. This was not a small job and definitely not a small price tag. However for the quality of products and workmanship, it was 100% worth it. I have recommended OHI to many family, friends, coworkers and neighbours. I am so happy with their services that I have recently contacted them to finish my basement and backyard. Thank you OHI and Tony for making my dreams come true.