HomeStars  >  Plumbing in New Westminster  >  Paradigm Plumbing Heating & Gas

Reviews for Paradigm Plumbing Heating & Gas

Yi Liu in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

We interviewed three plumbing companies and decided to go with Jon, he definitely showed his professionalism starting from the first visit. Unlike some other plumbing companies who gives a surprisingly low estimate and further surprise you by the "extras" (we made sure to steer clear, by not going with the lowest quote), the estimate Jon gives is the real number, given we didn't deviate from the original scope of work.

we did a big renovation, Jon connected all new appliances in kitchen, 5 sinks and 5 faucets, every water pieces in two full bath rooms and a powder room, one new bath tub and one conversion to shower. Everything starting from the valve, is now brand new. Jon is professional, and also very patient in terms of communication with us. Due to the fact that I am a new immigrant and English is not my first language, on top of that, this is my first renovation project, there have been several occasions in which I wasn't able to convey clearly what I was look for, but Jon was impressively patient, he took time to listen and we got things work out well.

I would definitely recommend Jon.

Satisfied Strata
1 review Vancouver, BC

Our Strata hired Jon to evaluate our aging piping system with a view toward upgrading if possible, as well as making recommendations re replacement. As others have mentioned Jon and his apprentice Jimmy were professional, responsive, and very efficient in their work for the strata as well as for individual owners. In the process we uncovered a number of unexpected situations which were handled quickly and effectively. We now have a much better understanding of what we need to know to move forward.

T Hayes in North vancouver
9 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Jon repiped our kitchen, installed a sink & faucet, hooked up the gas for a new stove and put in a water line for a new fridge. His quote for all of this was very fair. Jon answered emails in a timely manner, he consistently showed up on time and he completed his work well. Clean-up was thorough, too. Jon has great integrity and I would definitely call on him for any future work. I highly recommend him.

Allan K in New Westminster
1 review Vancouver, BC

I had a leak coming from poly-butylene pipe in my basement.  I called several companies to provide me a quote to have the pipe replaced.  Jon arrived on time and his professional attitude is what made me decide to hire him.

He gave me a rough time line of four days and was completed in three.  Every day he and his apprentice set up the area they worked in to minimize dust travelling to other areas of the house, always kept me informed when water would be turned off, and did great job of cleaning up at the end of each day.

I have since called him back to service my boiler.  He is my go-to guy and would recommend him to anybody looking for a plumber.

Dave from Coquitlam
2 reviews Coquitlam, BC

I had an issue with my bathroom sink leaking and as I often do, checked Homestars to try and find a well reviewed plumber to assist me. I saw that Jon had many good reviews so I called him up and he agreed to come take a look later that day. Jon was punctual and told us that it would either be a $150 job or $300, depending on how it looks when he came back.
He came back and attempted to fix the problem, but the next day I noticed it was still leaking quite a bit. I Called him up and he agreed to come back in few days later to take a look again. This time he brought his apprentice and they needed to cut into our wall to get at the problemed area. Unfortunately they didn't turn off the water main and ended up cutting into the water line, partially flooding my basement below. Luckily I was home at the time and was able to shut off the water and get towels/buckets down so it wouldn't ruin the new flooring and subfloor we had installed just a few weeks before.
We turned off the water limiting the damage and had to cut some drywall out of our ceiling to drain the excess water now stuck between floors. Jon told me it should dry out fine on it's own and that he was going on vacation the next day, but his apprentice would be back the following week to fix the drywall. He also said he wouldn't charge me for the work that day... I emphasised that I needed this repaired asap as we had people moving shortly after. At this point I wasn't angry or dissapointed as these things happen, but I never did hear back from his apprentice the following week or the week after.
I ended up leaving a voicemail with Jon, which he has choose not to respond to. So I definitely would not recommend this company. I ended up just having to bite the bullet and fix the damages myself and be thankful that no additional damage was caused.

Sheila B. from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

I contacted Paradigm Plumbing and Jon responded quickly with a date for a visit to review my non-emergency issue. Jon arrived on time and diagnosed the issue quickly and had the parts ready to make the changes. . Jon was very knowledgeable about the issue and had it diagnosed and fixed in under 2 hours. I appreciated his knowledge and his willingness to sort this out right away as this wasn't an emergency. I will definitely call again for any further plumbing issues or consultants.

Maureen from Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Jon arrived within 2 hours of my frantic phone call regarding a backed up shower stall and toilet in my suite. He corrected the problem within an hour which was a huge relief. I contacted him a few days later as the toilet was making strange gurgling noises and he came by after working hours to make sure everything was OK. Highly recommend Jon & Paradigm Plumbing - he is both knowledgeable and friendly and is genuinely concerned about getting to the bottom of the problem.

Lora Alexandre from Pitt Meadows
9 reviews Pitt Meadows, BC

Jon bid on our water line project and after reading many reviews about his work on this website we hired him.

He arrived on time on the day of the job with a helper to help him dig. He answered any questions we had throughout the day and he was very patient. He completed the job within 8 hours and took pictures to show us exactly what he did, which was a nice bonus.

Approximately one month later our pressure reducing valve died and we hired him to replace it. Again he was on time and did the job quickly and efficiently. He patiently answered any questions we had regarding the job.

Would hire him again for any plumbing issues.

HJK from North Vancouver
3 reviews North Vancouver, BC

I needed to add a laundry to my rental suit and Jon planned and execute it with confidence, we passed the city inspection successfully.
I added some other jobs through out the house and they all done in good order.
I am happy with the result.

Mrs. Bingley from Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

I first called Jon to rescue my necklace that had gone down the drain. We was so quick and competent I called him for a second job. I came out of the shower and found water all over the basement floor. It was coming from the hot water tank, but the problem was the main power regulating valve to the house. He came a couple of hours after I called him and he fixed the valve the next day on a Saturday. He told me it would be $250 but actually charged $225 as it didn't take as long as he thought. He also had a quick look at my new shower faucet as I wasn't sure I was using it properly. He's also good with dogs. Will definitely be using him in the future.

More about Paradigm Plumbing Heating & Gas

Paradigm Plumbing Heating & Gas are open 24/ 7/ 365 for all of your Plumbing and Heating needs. Reliability, efficiency and most important of all professionalism are the cornerstones of our company. Our technicians are all certified to ensure you receive the best service.