West Coast Maid Service

M in Surrey in Abbotsford
M in Surrey in Abbotsford
1 review Surrey, BC

Store clean

The store clean was mediocre, my supervisor had to do half the work. We paid the bill via credit card. Big mistake, do not pay this way. Deanna charged me $500 more than my bill and has dodged me for the last 8 months as I have tried to recuperate.

k in Delta
k in Delta
1 review Delta, BC

Look at BBB site before hiring this company.

I used this company because they could do the work immediately. Big mistake. I explained to the owner what needed to be done. At First she said ok 4 hours 2 people. Once the 2 people showed up and they started working, which I use the term loosely because After about 2 hours 4 man hours, I was thinking wow, they haven't gotten very far. The place they were suppose to clean was a coach house and basement suite. Coach house has 5 windows and blinds, a tiny kitchen with fridge and stove and a bathroom. So after 2 hours and not much work I called the owner. She says hold on I'll call them While she's in the phone with me, I found this weird. They said what they had completed and said they would need more time. I also want to note that the owner called me no less than 10 times before all this. Asking me, What are they doing, are they wearing their uniforms etc. and she was also name dropping about people's personal stuff.
We had just purchased this house and I was too busy for these constant calls. I finally had to tell her to stop bugging me and I'd call her if I needed something. So after 4 hours 8 man hours of wondering what was taking so long my husband started to say, this is getting ridiculous Call them back and tell her to tell them to get finished. After about the 3rd hour she said oh this work is going to take 8 hours. I gasped. 8 really?? 16 man hours to clean 1100 sq feet total??? Wow. Since they were already there, I needed the work done, she started bugging me for payment. I paid her in good faith the 8 hours. Against my better judgement. As I said I was very busy and running around trying to clean my own stuff, have potential renters come through etc. It came to $577. Now, I will admit I should have done my due diligence but I was out of my mind crazy busy. Let's do the math. First she quoted it was 60 for 2 people when I first booked them then it changed to 65. About the 10th red flag. So the math. 8 hours times $65 is $520. So how did we get to $577???? Not sure. The total should have been $546. Again my mistake. So at the 4 hour mark I said at 5 hours cut it off. No more today. They can come back and finish. So I called her Saturday this week to come and clean during the week. I left a message, told her who I was and that I needed cleaning and gave her the address. Might I mention that her ad says 24/7 so she could have called me that day. She finally called back on Monday and left a message stating she had no openings until October 6. Really? This from a company that sent a 2 people the next day at first. Fishy. So I called her back and of course she didn't answer. I called several times and no answer. Not once! So after no answer for days I told her...through voice mail to just refund me the difference. That's when as I started doing the math found out she over charged me. So the company also has a Barrier location...ding ding ding. I called there and she answered, but one second earlier no answer. I told her who I was and told her to give me my refund. She played coy I don't know who you are, I'm at lunch can I call you back etc. I said I want a etrans refund now. Today. The phone calls turned very ugly especially after she told me the workers thought I was a pin head? Really? Oh ok. My refund. Immediately. I still have no refund. I will keep you posted as to whether I get one or not! Just check the BBB this company has an F rating with numerous complaints about over charging, incomplete and shoddy work. I am not posting anonymously because this is true.

West Coast Maids Surrey BC- Worst service experience in my life

I won't have enough space to describe the dreadful experience I have had with this company. I booked them for services for a move out. No show. I had hours to clean my old place before leaving the keys for the new owner and dealing with my own move. They scheduled the wrong day. Their error. Apologized profusely and gave me a $30 credit. I got over it. Mistakes happen. Took another chance in my new home with them and they ran 2.5 hrs late on a Sunday without a call to let me know. I had to call the office to find out what was happening and was told by the person who answered the phone that they meant to call me but forgot to as they were having their hair done. This woman was also not very apologetic and approached the running behind problem from a perspective that I should just wait home all day. Total disregard for my time and my busy schedule. I had to cancel as I had company coming and asked for a full refund. I was done with them. My mcrd was precharged $140 for the services and the process of getting my refund has been a ridiculous process. Today, I gave up and mcrd is dealing with it now. Mistakes happen but the follow up to fix their mistakes is laughable. After months of calling the office, sending emails and not having my calls returned, the owner called me to say a cheque would be mailed right away. Two months later, I still have not had my refund. Now they simply will not return my calls or emails. I have placed at least 10 calls and have sent at least 5 emails. I have been pleasant to deal with, patient and calm (when I have had every right to be completely losing it). I work in the service industry and understand things can go wrong some times but there has been absolutely no effort on the owner's part to follow up and do the right thing. Whatever you do, if you take a chance with this company do not prepay. If something goes wrong, you will never get your money back, let alone have your calls returned. I could go on with many other unacceptable details of my experience with this company but there is not enough space to type. Shame on this company and beware. This is not about the money but the principle of just how terrible they have been to deal with. The public needs to know. I will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau also.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Awful customer service

When service was booked the owner called at 9pm the night before asking for a date change with no excuse just they needed to change. Ended up changing and they said they would provide a discount for the inconvenience however when they tallied the discount it wasn't actually the 15% we originally agreed upon.
The morning they were supposed to arrive at 9am. They did not show up, we call they say they are stuck in traffic. Over an hour later they finally show up (the location they said they were at is only 20 minutes away). Then just before they arrive the owner calls again telling us their vaccuum is broken and if I need my floors down she will have to drive a long way to deliver one from surrey. No apologies nothing!
The service was rude, there was also no apologies.
The house cleaners were nice however and did an "okay" job but I would not hire again

More about West Coast Maid Service

To say that Deanna Samoleski, owner and operator of West Coast Maids, is a bit compulsive when it comes to keeping things clean and organized is an understatement. Since 1999, Deanna has been helping families just like yours not only keep their homes clean and organized, but also by keeping ...
Looking for Carpet & Rug Cleaning & Repairing pros in Surrey?