Davis Renovations

Reviews for Davis Renovations

Shaun
Shaun

Basement Renovation

We hired Daniel for our basement renovation, and we were extremely happy that we did.

Our project involved excavating the back 300 sq/ft of our basement from a 3' crawlspace to 8' depth (the excavation was done by another contractor) then finishing it (including a full room, hallway, closet, and laundry nook with washer/dryer, sink, electrical box, and cabinets).

We spoke with a number of other contractors before choosing Daniel, and I can say that he was the best combination of low price (his was basically the lowest quote we got, other than a shady guy that I'm glad we didn't go with) and ability to handle everything we threw at him.

Actually, that was the best thing about Daniel. We started with measured plans, but we also wanted to add a number of things after we started. Daniel didn't say no to anything. Travertine (which other contractors said they couldn't handle)? Not a problem. Plumbing? Fine. Foundation repair? Quartz countertop installation? Pocket doors? Hand-modifying Ikea closet organizers to fit our space? Done, done, done, and done. He took everything in stride, and he made sure that everything was exactly the way we wanted it. Now obviously he didn't do everything himself (although he was quite capable), but what he couldn't do himself he always had a subcontractor to handle.

Another thing I should mention is that Daniel is nice. He's just a nice guy. He never complained with our changes to the schedule, he always had a smile on his face, and he was great to deal with at all times.

Bottom line: I would hire Daniel again in a second. He did everything we wanted and more.

I would be remiss, however, if I didn't mention the fact that the project took substantially longer than was originally planned. It was supposed to run from late August to late October, and when everything was said and done it ended in early March of the next year. While some of the extra time was due to changes to the plan by us, this was maybe one (two MAX) of the four-month delay.

That being said, I think it says a lot that I'm giving a 10-star review to a contractor that took twice as long as planned for the job. If you're in an extreme time crunch then I might not recommend Daniel; in any other case, however, I would recommend him without reservation.

coutinhocj in Toronto
coutinhocj in Toronto

Bathroom Renovation

We were very happy with the attention to detail Daniel displayed during the project.

The project was a complete gutting and rebuild of the existing room.

We never felt like the project was rushed.

In the end we were very satisfied with the work and would highly recommend Daniel and his team.

Thank you for the review. I am glad that you are happy with the end result. This review is an early Christmas present. Merry Christmas! I look forward to working on your future projects.

Bella
Bella

Replace Post under deck.

This is the second time I use the services of Davis Renovation. He did a perfect job replacing the woden post that was rotten. He cleaned up the place after work.
I'm very satisfied with the work done.

Thank you Bella. I'm glad we could get it repaired before the snow started. We appreciate your review and look forward to working with you in the future.

Penny from Toronto
Penny from Toronto

Master Bathroom and Powder Room Renovation

We are happy with Daniel and Adrian's workmanship and the attention that they demonstrated in completing their work. Their punctuality and professionalism made the reno a pleasant experience. I look forward to working with them on our next project.

Thank you Penny. It's always a pleasure working on your projects. Enjoy your amazing master washroom.

mat in Toronto
mat in Toronto

Basement Re-Construction Phase 1

After moving into a newly built home with some shoddy work, we knew there might be problems down the road to solve. We experienced a pretty extensive flood in our basement a few days ago and Daniel Davis Renovations came through like no other. My wife is pregnant and the worry of mold development lingered. To remove the drywall immediately, my wife looked on HomeStars and came across this company with amazing reviews. You'd think they are too good to be true, but I assure you they are true. In his compassion and empathy for my wife's concern about mold, Daniel came here the same day and ripped apart our walls from 6 PM - 3 AM! Exactly what we wanted and saves us from the potential of mold. His company is trustworthy, caring, reliable and most importantly does superior work. We will be using Daniel Davis renovations to reconstruct our basement and other projects without hesitation. When those projects come around, we will be posting reviews as well. Based on the way they went about the first phase of construction, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company for anyone looking to do what they do.

Thank you Mat for this incredible review. We appreciate it and your hospitality shown to us over the course of that long night. We look forward to working with you on your future projects.

karla.jensen
karla.jensen

Ceiling and wall repair

Great work! Not only are Daniel and his team pleasant, friendly, and accommodating, but also their attention to detail, sensitivity to deadlines, and efforts to leave the job site clean are most appreciated.

Your review is greatly appreciated. We always give our best. We look forward to working with you on your upcoming projects.

Carla from East Toronto
Carla from East Toronto

Skimming and repair of plaster walls

Daniel and his team did an amazing job repairing and skimming over the old plaster stucco look on the walls in our home. We didn't think it would be possible to get the smooth look without drywalling. They also rebuilt a closet for us and we are really pleased with the result. We would highly recommend them.

Thanks for the review. We always assess each job to determine a lasting solution. It was a pleasure working for you.

Ciara in Leslieville
Ciara in Leslieville

Bathroom Renovation

I hired Davis Renovations based on their amazing Homestars reviews, and I was not disappointed! Daniel and Adrian did a fantastic job on my basement bathroom and I highly recommend them.

My old basement bathroom had been very poorly installed by previous homeowners (no waterproofing,) was permanently damp and badly in need of a reno.

From start to finish, Daniel was a total pleasure to work with. He presented a fair and honest quote, followed up with a very professional contract, showed up EXACTLY when he said he would, and completed the job within his original timeframe! He and Adrian installed a new tub, tiles and drywall and everything was meticulous and professional. They both did excellent work, and always left their job site very tidy at the end of each day...which was a total bonus, as this reno was in my tenant's apartment and helped to make it a bit less of an inconvenience in his space.

On top of all of this, they are genuinely nice guys and obviously take great pride in their work. Which they should, because it's great!!

I am very happy that I found Davis Renovations and am looking forward to hiring them for future work! Thanks guys :)

We appreciate the time you took to write this detailed review. We always do our best with each and every project that we take on.

Ken Lam from Toronto
Ken Lam from Toronto

Bathroom Renovation, Restructure of Floor and Mold/Asbestos Remediation

Assisted Review

Daniel, we're thankful for the hard work you and your crew have put into our house. The outcome of the bathroom exceeded our expectations. We will definitely get in touch with you again when we decide to get the basement waterproofed and the eavestrophs done. Wish you and your crew a Merry Xmas! Thank you again!

Thanks for the review. Your project was very unique. A simple water damage issue ballooned to mold/asbestos abatement, structural issues, etc. We are glad that we were able to bring everything up to code and that you are happy with the end product.

Derek in Oshawa
Derek in Oshawa

Basement wall drywall

Daniel was great - he provided us with a prompt, accurate and detailed quote; started the job when he said he would; worked through some safety issues with us regarding the correct anchoring of a gas fireplace; and everything was finished right on time. A great experience and we'll definitely be calling Davis Renovations first for our next projects.

Thank you for the review. Safety is our top priority. Enjoy your new living space.

More about Davis Renovations

Davis Renovations is a home renovation company founded on the principle that Quality is the foundation of every project. Without a solid foundation of quality materials and workmanship it is only a matter of time before things start to deteriorate.