Ceiling Specialists: Popcorn Ceiling Removal

Reviews for Ceiling Specialists: Popcorn Ceiling Removal

Jake P.
Jake P.

Condo Popcorn Ceiling Removal

On Friday, I had old cracked popcorn ceilings in my condo. By Sunday, I had a beautiful flat ceiling.

Louie and his guys did a great job removing my old cracked yellow ugly popcorn ceiling. Even more impressive was the fact that after the job was done the ceiling had a couple spots that needed to be touched up. I expected they'd come in give it a quick plaster and paint and jet outta there onto the next job site. Instead the original plasterers came back a couple days later and easily spent two or three hours carefully fixing everything.

As a DIY-guy with most things I was considering doing this job myself. After seeing what's really involved to get it done and done well I'm glad I didn't. Make an investment in your sanity and hire these guys.

cant thank you enough for this great review..

all the best!!!

Aaron in Keswick
Aaron in Keswick

Popcorn ceiling removal and wall painting

This company did a spectacular job getting rid of my outdated 1970's popcorn ceilings and replacing them with beautiful, new plaster. The job became more complicated when it turned out a previous owner had used oil-based paint on the old stucco, but Louie's crew worked hard to complete the task and the workmanship is flawless. The end result is a much brighter, open space -- totally worth it. The crew also repainted the walls, and it seems that work was rushed. I've had to touch up a few areas and one wall only had a single coat of paint. Maybe the extra complications with the ceilings caused them to run short on time. But overall, I'm very happy with the new look of my home.

thank you aron...
indeed there was so much extra work added that wasnt anticipated for ...and that you weren't charged for...lol
due to the oil underneath... overall I'm glad you are happy , as that's the most important thing...

take care of yourself

Mary P.
Mary P.

Fixed & painted stucco ceiling.

We had an equipment installation in our attic & the ceiling was damaged in the process. The company who installed the equipment sent someone to repair the ceiling which was a total mess & looked worse than the repair. At this point I contacted Mr. Stucco; they were quick to respond & gave me confidence that that could repair the ceiling to look like new. Mr. Stucco returned to fix & paint the ceiling which was done to perfection; we were so happy that they were able to fix our stucco ceiling to look like new ! Thank you for a great job !!!

luv ya!!!!

thank u so much!!!!!

happy holidays to you and your lovely family!!!!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Entire house cleared of popcorn ceiling

I found and hired this company based on Homestars reviews... and they were completely in line with the fantastic reviews! The quote was good, they were fast and professional. They removed all the popcorn from three floors of our new house with a tight timeline (I.e. a week before we moved in) and replaced it with perfectly smooth ceilings. We were very happy and recently recommended them to our neighbours who hired them and similarly are very happy with their results. Thank you Louie and team !!

always nice to see a 10 star review ... just made my day!!!

Popcorn Ceiling Removal

We used Ceiling Specialists to remove the popcorn ceilings on our new home, and they did a great job. The ceilings look very good - a huge improvement over the old popcorn ceilings - and Carlos and his team did an excellent job covering a number of holes in the ceiling left by an electrician.

They did not charge us until the job was done, and also worked hard to ensure we were happy with the project, including coming back multiple days to ensure the light fixtures and air vents were put back to our satisfaction. We would gladly use them again if undertaking a similar project.

thank you very much for this great review

Popcorn ceiling removal

Had Ceiling Specialists remove our stucco ceiling. Louie came to quote job, he took the time to explain the process. The crew we had do our ceiling were true craftsmen (Andrew & Nick). They did a fantastic job, the pride they take in their work is obvious.
We also had Louie coordinate the installation of pot lights.
Ceiling Specialists were very professional and Louie communicated with us everyday.
Louie said we would be very happy with the job, he was right!
Highly Recommend!!

luv ya!!!!! great reviews just make my day soooooo much better.

Stucco removal and electrical

Hi
After lot of search about stucco removal company I find Luei ,
He’s very gentle man , on time arriving for Qoute, the week after he give me appointment,
He refer me Allen for Potlight , he show up on time , explain everything before start , he put Potlight in hole first floor , he was fast and professional , we was happy with him
The they after Luei with he’s crow come back to my
house , they start covering from entrance outside , they check the electrical and make sure we are happy , he’s crow starting to cover floor and wall , they start and finish the job after 3 days , he’s so respectful, when the job is done they clean up perfectly and walked with us to make sure everything is good ,
Luei I make so good experience with your company, I high recommend you to everyone on the world ,
Your the man big boss
Appreciate for for everything

wow!!!! words cant Express how happy these great reviews make me feel... that's all I can say...

Shahrzad in Pickering
Shahrzad in Pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Stucco removal and potlight installation

Luei came to my house for estimat
They start the work on time , before they starting he’s reconnect Allen ( unique potlight) to do potlight in my hole house potlight, he did great job for potlight installation and he’s make sure couple times we are happy with job , the day after him luei and he’s crow show up in my house and they covering great everywhere , he was very friendly and professional guy , on time , respect full with us , his guys did my smooth ceiling in hole house 3 days only , and at the end he’s make sure we are happy , he back to my house and walked with us in house and make sure we are happy , I’m so happy at end and we high recommend them to other and my family

thank you so much... I was kinda having a bad day so this review is music to my ears right now...lol
all the best

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Frustrating experience, good (not great) end result

We hired Ceiling Specialists for popcorn ceiling removal and installation of LED pot lights.

Louie came out to our place to give us an estimate. We had originally planned to separately hire an electrician for LED pot light installation. Instead, we opted for Louie's electrician (Allen of Unique Potlight), after Louie strongly recommended him and said that it would be easier to coordinate the project with him.

We confirmed with Louie that we wanted to move forward, and he arranged the start date for our job at the beginning of Sep. leading up to Labour Day weekend.

Allen the electrician was the first one to come work on our place. His crew was quick to install the pot lights and worked with us to figure out good placement for them, which we were happy with. He also installed a new chandelier. However, he did a poor job with the light switches: his original plan made little sense (one single kitchen pot light on one switch, the rest on a separate switch) and I needed to convince him to change things around. Rather than consolidating two of the switches together, he installed a new one a foot away, at a different height on the wall (see pic)!! For a switch that was no longer needed, he just left a "dummy switch" in the wall rather than covering it up with a wall plate, insisting that it "doesn't do anything". How hard would it have been to just install a plate there instead??

The LED pot lights themselves make good light and dim well. HOWEVER, they make a high-pitched ringing/buzzing noise when they're on! Although the noise is quiet, it is noticeable and stronger at certain places in the room. This is very disappointing, since we had a different contractor install different LED pot lights in our basement that are almost identical but make no noise whatsoever! I reported this issue to Allen after the job was done, and only after repeatedly reminding him, he finally came by to examine it firsthand. He tried replacing one of the lights, which didn't help, and he otherwise didn't apologize or do anything to make things right. It seems to be just a low-quality type of LED light. I had expected high quality light fixtures from a pot light expert!

Next up on the job was Carlos (Louie's partner), who worked over the next week or so to smooth the ceiling. Carlos was nice, but lacking professionalism. He hardly communicated with us at all, we felt left in the dark about what work was being done and what would be done next. He was unreliable with his arrival times, e.g. he said he would arrive 8:30am on Labour Day and did not show up until 11:30. There also seemed to be really poor communication between Carlos, Louie, and the rest of the crew, since Carlos was not aware that he was supposed to patch up the holes made by the electrician. Also, when Carlos was saying there were still a few days of work left, Louie was telling us that the job would be done tomorrow, and was asking for payment. This made it seem like Louie was pushing to get paid without finishing the job, and made a bad impression on us.

Carlos did a great job of removing the popcorn ceiling without making dust by moistening it first. However, that technique made a mess on the walls (water stains and white splotches), and we were concerned about our hardwood floor since he only covered it with a thin layer of kraft paper, despite Louie saying it would be "rubberized water proof paper". The tape he used on the walls removed chunks of paint too. Thankfully, Carlos was very good about fixing that -- he repainted the portions of the wall that had been messed up and even cleaned up some defects in the wall that were there prior to the job. Carlos came back the day after the job was done to do a few touchups.

Overall, the outcome of the job was good, but not great. We did notice a bunch more minor defects (dents and small holes in the ceiling) later on, so it was certainly not perfect. The pot light noise is a bit irritating. Louie never came back to our place since the initial estimate, so he never saw the end result in person. These guys seem to know their trade, but their customer service needs a lot of work.

there were 4 wires in the single box. by code you are not allowed to move it. it's not safe...

you are bothered by us showing up 2 hrs late on LABOUR DAY, LABOUR DAY, LABOUR DAY!!!!

you are not bothered that we are actually working on LSBOUR DAY , LABOUR DAY, LABOUR DAY , for you, !!!

I'm not gonna waste my time like you to write essay explaining myself here...

the customer is always right ,.....

Diane in Toronto
Diane in Toronto

Ceiling Stucco Removal in Condo

I had a great experience with Louie and the Ceiling Specialists. I inquired about what I needed done and Louie called right away and came to provide an estimate. He was very pro active throughout the whole process, which I appreciate. His team were on time, very efficient, friendly and professional. The job was done when they said it would be and on budget. I am thrilled with the results. I would highly recommend their work.

thank you so much diane... take care and all the best

More about Ceiling Specialists: Popcorn Ceiling Removal

THE CEILING SPECIALISTS is a well established company that takes great pride in quality workmanship. We continue to improve in our methods of perfecting ceilings , because every customers needs are different. We have perfected a dustless method to smooth out popcorn ceilings. This is extremely important for customers who ...
Looking for Stucco pros in Mississauga?