Gardens In The City Inc.

Reviews for Gardens In The City Inc.

Nancy in Richmond Hill
Nancy in Richmond Hill

Definitely Would Recommend

Completely happy with Chaz and her team -- gave excellent recommendations, really knows her stuff, entire team is very competent and excellent workers. I would recommend (and have recommended) Gardens in the City to anyone who is looking for a "real" gardener. Fantastic to deal with as well -- personable, and very responsive.

Thanks, Nancy. All of us real gardeners are gearing up for spring. See you soon.

Gail in Toronto
Gail in Toronto

Developing and Maintaining my Garden -- a Work in Progress

There are many admirers of my gardens, front and back. It has been a work in progress and Chaz and her team have been an important part of it for many years. They do the research necessary, answer all my questions, give me good advice and buy excellent plant material when required. It's always a pleasure when the team comes to maintain the gardens. They're friendly, courteous and hard working. This is a first-rate company.

Thanks Gail. It's been a pleasure working with you as well. We always enjoy when a client is engaged with their garden as you are. Have a great winter, and we'll see you in the spring!

Charlie in Bridlewood
Charlie in Bridlewood

Annual garden maintenance and special project like building a waterfall

Gardens in the City has been looking after our garden for many years. They always do what they promise ... and on the very odd occasion we aren't totally happy they fix it without a complaint. Chaz and her staff are honest, hard working and lots of fun.

Hi Charlie,
Thanks for the review. Yes, I could never promise that we're perfect, but I can promise that we'll do whatever we can if something goes wrong. Caring for your garden has always been fun. I love it when we can make someone's ideas become reality.

Gardens in the City

Gardens in the City offers the perfect service for my needs - as much or as little as I need at a reasonable hourly rate for my compact Parkdale garden. Add to that their extraordinary level of experience and skill with urban gardens and their knowledge of interesting plants - color and form, native and horticultural, bird and bee friendly, time of blooming... upsides and downsides of specific plants -you name it. From early spring to bedding down for the winter, Chaz and her crew were with me. On time, accurate estimates, impeccable work. Can't wait for spring 2017!

Thanks for taking the time to let others know about your experience. Just for the record - we don't actually know everything about gardens, but we love it when we get the chance to learn something new! We've been learning more and more about native bees, and actually got to see mason bees, sweat bees and robber bees in action this season in Toronto.

Major garden clean up!

Chaz and her amazing team did a great job with my garden, it looks beautiful! They are knowledgeable and have great suggestions, I will use her every year. Very reasonable prices too!

Thanks for your vote of confidence! It's always great for us to hear that we've made a tangible improvement to someone's garden. Looking forward to working with you in the spring!

Helena Aalto from Toronto
Helena Aalto from Toronto

Two green thumbs up for Gardens in the City!

Chaz Morenz and her expert crew from Gardens in the City completely overhauled our front yard in October 2016. When I first approached Chaz, I immediately connected with her practical, straightforward approach and her sense of fun. In the months before the overhaul, Chaz and I talked about plants I like (and don't like), and which were likely to do well on our site. From these discussions, she prepared a design and planting plan with lists and photos of recommended low-maintenance plants. We share the front yard with our semi-detached neighbours, so Chaz also incorporated their wishes into the design. The work for the actual overhaul took a day and a half. Every bit of weed-filled grass was taken out (no more mowing!), a deep layer of new healthy soil was added, and the flagstones and rocks I already had were re-purposed for paths and borders. Chaz had ordered all the shrubs (junipers, hydrangeas, weigalas), perennials (phlox, Japanese anemone, bergenia, nepeta), ornamental grasses and groundcovers, and everything was planted. And even at this early stage our new front garden is lovely, by next spring it will fill in even more, and in the years to come it will keep getting better. A front garden can be a gift for the neighbourhood and well as for the house. Thank you Gardens in the City for such a beautiful gift.

Thanks Helena. We're looking forward to helping everything grow in too, especially the ground covers that you picked out. I especially love your idea that a front garden is a gift to the neighbourhood, and enjoyed seeing how your street shares its space to make a community.

Katherine from Toronto
Katherine from Toronto

Garden maintenance

Chaz and her crew are wonderful. They are very responsive. You can reach Chaz easily by email with your questions or special requests. She usually has the answer off the top, but if she doesn't, she will research it and get back to you. Her design skills are great too. She has planted annuals for me in amongst my perennials, and I have received many compliments from my neighbours. I highly recommend Gardens in the City.

Thanks Katherine. This warm weather calls us back to your garden this spring...see you soon.

Kathy in Upper Beach
Kathy in Upper Beach

Maintaining large perennial garden

647-838-7946
Toronto

It was a challenge finding the right gardening company - we weren’t looking for a major landscaping job nor for someone to drop in for 5 minutes every 2 weeks to cut our lawn. What we wanted was someone to spend a few hours here each month maintaining our large, somewhat messy and wild perennial garden, and to help us improve it over time.

Fortunately last year we located Chaz and Gardens in the City. Chaz came out personally for a site visit in early spring and to see what we had. Her staff visit every few weeks from spring to fall and keep the garden nicely in order, saving me many hours of work each month. Chaz sends out a notice ahead of time to let customers know when they can expect a visit. They tidy up well and leave everything in garden bags ready for the next garden waste pickup.

We're pleased to continue working with Chaz and looking forward to seeing our garden continue to improve!

Thanks Kathy. We also love to see how "our" gardens improve over time, working with home owners to bring in their ideas.

Bernadette in Warren
Bernadette in Warren

Garden Maintenance

Gardens in the City has maintained our landscaping for almost 10 years. They are knowledgeable, reliable and efficient. They do a wonderful job of transitioning new items into the gardens to keep everything looking beautiful and fresh!

Thanks Bernadette. We're looking forward to the next 10 years as well as some of the plants in your garden come into maturity.

Doug in North York
Doug in North York

Garden rejuvenation and maintenance

My large gardens had fallen into decline. Also, a large tree fell creating a new space. Gardens in the City did a great job planning and executing a total rejuvenation of my gardens. They are knowledgeable, dependable and reasonable.

Thanks Doug. Its been a pleasure to work with you this last season as a fellow gardener and we look forward to the rejuvenation efforts on the rest of your garden beds.

More about Gardens In The City Inc.

GARDEN COACHING. Confused about that plant? After 10 years of professionally caring for gardens, I've a wealth of information to share. Call me for GARDEN COACHING. 647-838-7946 www. gardensinthecity. ca
Looking for Garden Maintenance pros in Toronto?