FirstAid Appliance Repair

Reviews for FirstAid Appliance Repair

Renee from Ottawa
Renee from Ottawa

Outstanding service

Outstanding service. I highly recommend First Aid appliance repair. They replied right away to my email by calling me and came next day and fixed my fridge. Thank you so much!

tracy  in Calgary
tracy in Calgary

washer broken

had these guys out last year - not so pleased and having another washer broken but pleased with company I used them again. Very good honest guys. Very pleased. thank you very much for the great service

LeeLee girl  in Calgary
LeeLee girl in Calgary

dacor oven sparadic temp in oven

I didn't want ot repair but after calling around I realized it will be worth iit. I dont usually write review but i was so happy with Scott and his service I am happy to do this one for the company.

mish.mish in Calgary
mish.mish in Calgary

maytag dishwasher

on one cycle not working properly and was just a hassle so we finally decided to call a guy. first aid was recommended to us by our friend so we already knew we can count on these guys. happy to give them a good review as they got the job done as requested

Gerry Macdonald in Calgary
Gerry Macdonald in Calgary

Oven

Brent came fixed my oven. The lower heater was not coming on. He changed it and the oven started working again. The service was great and he even called me before he came so I did not have to take a day off

Tracey Draker in Calgary
Tracey Draker in Calgary

They repaired my Kitchenaid dishwasher

This is my first time using firstaid appliance repair. I called them about my dishwasher not draining and their technician came out the same day to the rescue. The technician was was very polite and knowledgeable. He showed me a small pit that was stuck down in the drain pump. He also explained to me how to avoid it in the future.

Merle Rayner from Calgary
Merle Rayner from Calgary

Stove top Repair

I booked to have them complete replacing the ceramic top to my damaged stove top at the beginning of May 2016. for the past 3 weeks i have been waiting. I called the every other day for the past 2 weeks to have a status. After a call today I finally got an email that they can not preform the work because there service person is not available. They are offering a refund. However they said they can not preform the work. After waiting three weeks to use my damaged stove top and not getting any answer I am very dissatisfied. No work on my stove means another period of waiting with another company. NOT HAPPY

Kitchenaid

DO NOT HIRE FIRSTAID APPLIANCE REPAIR!!! This is the only time I've ever taken the time to write a review about a company and I wish I would've read the reviews before hiring these guys. This should have been a simple fix or part replacement. The ice maker on my 4 year old fridge stopped making ice (the water line still dispenses water just fine). The repairman came, diagnosed it as the ice maker unit needing replacement, so I ordered the part through him, (which he changed the price on 3 times during his visit after telling me it needed replacement). I gave him a $200 deposit. A week had passed and I still hadn't heard from anyone in regards to when the part would be in, so I called and got connected with some call center in Ontario who said they would have to email someone in order for someone to call me back. 2 days later I still hadn't heard from anyone so I called again, and again getting the same story and again nobody calling me back. After the third attempt, somebody at the call center informed me that they are no longer making the part I ordered and that they would have to email somebody to contact me in order to refund my money (super sketchy right?). I eventually received a very unprofessional, poorly written email from somebody named Dennis saying that I would have to wait for a return slip with instructions and if I followed those instructions I would receive a refund for the cost of my deposit less the cost of the service call. Well, I still have yet to receive an email with any instructions, and I still have yet to receive any return slip. After calling the call center back 3 more times and demanding to speak to somebody in charge I finally received a call back from this Dennis person who ended up hanging up on me because I called him out on their poor business practice. The kicker?! I spoke with a parts representative directly through Kitchenaid and the part IS still available, it is in STOCK and getting installed next week. So now Im out $200 and clearly I've been had.

Dishwasher Issue

Our dishwasher had an error message and would not run through a cycle. We called to have it diagnosed. The technician claimed it needed a new circuit board (control panel). We ordered and installed the part. It did not fix the issue. We called back and were told someone from Customer Service would call us back. Nobody ever did. I left 8 messages. None of them were returned. We paid $84 for the diagnosis and $210 for the parts. Still have a broken dishwasher. I am very disappointed and disgusted with this company and its non existent customer service. We were able to receive a refund through our credit card company thankfully. But let this be a warning to others. Do NOT call this company.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Be wary of this company!

Our washing machine broke down. Repairman advised it needed new motherboard which would be 2-3 days. We paid half up front (first mistake). the 2-3 days came and went without a call. Then a week came and went. No call. No returned calls. The number on the web site seems to just be an answering service. Then another week. No calls or responses. Finally reached the repairman who advised he would be at the house in an hour. We waited all afternoon to no avail. Further calls revealed the part wasn't even in that day. A request to speak with the owner or manager went ignored. They hung up on my wife when she finally got through once. Finally, after nearly three weeks, the part arrived and they arranged a sunday visit to fix. In fairness, the repairman arrived at the stated time and the repair was successful. No apologies or explanation for the delay.
Be wary of this company. Customer service is not a concern of their's. Responsiveness is not a concern. Once they have your deposit they will ignore you and take their sweet time. Use at your own risk! I wish I had read the reviews here before I engaged them.

Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Calgary?