Exterior Makeovers GTA

160 Eglinton Ave E. Toronto ON M4P 3B5
HomeStars  >  Siding in Thornhill  >  Exterior Makeovers GTA

Reviews for Exterior Makeovers GTA

Exterior job

Did not have a good experience with this company. All my exterior was left half done with most of money taken. May have to take a legal course to get the money back.

Please email at [email protected] to discuss next steps.

Exterior Cladding - Stucco, brick, maibec siding and aluminum fascia/eaves trough

Exterior Makeovers GTA
416-716-5373
160 Eglinton Ave E.
Toronto
M4P 3B5

Hired Chris in September to clad ( Stucco, brick, maibec siding and aluminum fascia/eaves) the entire home. I gave him a 10k deposit as per his request. It took him a month to get started with Brick and in the end he subcontracted the job to another company who subcontracted it out to a few brick layers from Barrie which he never told me. They did a horrible job on 30% of the brick and never showed up until a week later when they came to take down their scaffold. Apparently they came twice and the material they requested was not delivered as promised by Chris. They also said he owed them $1500 out of the $3500 they were promised, as a result they got fed up and moved on to another job. I later on found out Chris has no crew he subs everything out to guys from Kijiji. I had to rip down the brick that was done and pay double the price to complete the brick because nobody wanted to take on this mess without a premium. Mind you I paid for all the material seperate to the 10k I gave Chris. It was now November and time for stucco to get done, after several promises Chris' stucco guys never showed up, I had to pay another company to do the stucco. Meanwhile Chris still had my deposit and also cost me the material that was wasted for Brick. At this point I asked Chris to refund me the deposit, he told me it would even out after his guy finishes the wood siding and aluminium. Now December Chris was avoiding text messages and screening my calls, I only got a hold of him calling from different numbers. Once again unfulfilled promises for a start date. I finally threatened legal action and order some of the maibec siding however his contractor never showed up. It is now January and nothing has been done, I will be pursuing this matter in small claims court and filing a claim for 25k plus legal fees. DON'T EVER USE CHRIS WATT AKA CHRIS TURBIDES... [email protected] HE ... If anyone else has lost money please feel free to post your email and we can pursue a class action lawsuit.

Ryan in Toronto
Ryan in Toronto

Full House Siding and Eaves

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
I wish I had read these reviews before hiring Chris as its all the same story. The work was quoted to be complete in 1 month and it took 5 months. The quality was okay however the flashing was never completed. I paid Chris under assurances that he would complete a small section of siding install, install the final eave trough, complete the flashing and clean up the site. He never came back although he continually assured me he would. It has now been 5 months and I will have to pay someone else to finish the job. Do not use this contractor under any circumstances.

tc in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2
tc in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2

Xterior Makeovers

We enjoyed a good service with Chris and his Xterior Makeover team until the end of the project.

Like many others leaving comments at HomeStars, we made the mistake of making final payment based on assurances that final touches on our project would be finished. However, they remains uncompleted.

As well, we have to deal somehow with 14 box loads of excess siding (worth over $2,000 worth) despite reassurances -- told first by Chris that he would accept responsibility for the overestimation, and later (several times) that the product could and would be picked up and returned to RONA, for example:

Jan 7, 2016
“I am so sorry I have been out of town I just got back in today I will arrange to have it removed tomorrow I am sorry for the delay,”
...almost two weeks later, Jan. 19, 2016:
“we will resolve this issue this week I am very sorry for the inconvenience”
No follow through.

We’ve accepted the financial loss on the overestimation. And now, after being strung along for two months, we have to move forward and find / hire someone else to fully finish this job.

Justice seeker  in Thornhill
Justice seeker in Thornhill

Do NOT hire Chris or exterior makeovers

Chris and his team took much longer than quoted to do the job. When finished, we noticed many deficiencies, which have resulted in water damage to our home. Chris refuses to fix the problems with the job. I wish I had read reviews, I would not hire Chris. He will grab your money and leave you with a substandard job.

siding and facia

They finished the first half of the job, received the second payment, and disappeared. The work is not complete and despite repeated promises they haven't shown up. They were hired in August - it is now November....

Soffit

2nd Review
I tried to give Chris another opportunity as I had about 25ft of soffit that needed replacing from his job last year. Again, he promised me to come on 5 different days. Everytime he didn't show up it was a different excuse or reason. I firmly stand behind both reviews that Chris cannot be trusted and will string you along. I really don't know how he can remain in business when he could care less about paying clients. Completely dissatisfied!

Christine in the Beach
Christine in the Beach

Hardie board installation, eavestrough

Like the many others who have reported on this site, I had the exact same experience with Chris and crew. I hired them on to do a complete insulation and installation of Hardie board on my new addition. DO NOT try this at home! The work that is done is fine, but it took over 3 months to complete, repeated phone calls, missed appointments and finally threats of a lawsuit and consumer complaint to get the work done - if another contractor onsite had not noticed the missing eaves-trough and down-spout, I would have been in even more trouble but as it is, the lack of drainage from my roof led to neighbour complaints and a sinkhole in my backyard before Chris and team came back - and even now, he STILL has not removed all the trash and leftovers from my backyard. I heard a lot of excuses, and no good reasons for these delays. Like another reviewer I made the mistake of paying before the work was done, as I had to travel... big mistake.

Chris Johnson from West Gwillimbury
Chris Johnson from West Gwillimbury
1 review Kettleby, ON

Soffits & facia

The other posts are accurate. I gave Chris W. the benefit of the doubt but he is indeed completely unreliable and his crews do poor work. I gave him several chances to recover and over 3 months the job is still not done and what is done is not good. The mistake I made was paying before the job was complete. After chasing him for 3 weeks, many missed appointments I need to move on. He seems like a nice guy but don't trust a word he says.

We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience and would like to make it up to you in any way possible. Please contact the head office at 1-888-782-2495 to make arrangements.

Eavestrough/Soffit/Fascia

Folks,
Do not bother contacting Chris of Exterior Makeovers. I thought I did my due diligence in researching this company and comparing it to others. Unfortunately I was wrong. The work was very simple. Eavestrough/Soffit/Fascia and yet it took 4 visits and still the work is not complete. As others have mentioned, Chris does not return calls or messages. He subcontracts work and blames issues on others. Attention to detail is non existent and poor craftsmanship is evident. I'm not sure how he thinks he will continue to get away with this. You are not a business professional by any means and if you really believe you will sustain a future in this business I suggest you own up to your promises.

This problem was resolved promptly we do apologize about any convenience of there is anything else that can be done please contact head office at 1-888-782-2495