Lakeside Home Inspections

Rob from Ajax
Rob from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Home Inspection

My wife and I were searching for our very first home, and after a long search we finally found one that we both really wanted. There is quite an amount of stress and pressure when switching from renting to suddenly taking on a mortgage. My biggest concern at the time was purchasing a house that looked good on the surface, but was in need of serious repair underneath all the cosmetics. I’m not the handyman type, so I needed a home inspector I could trust, and who could also communicate with me in a language I could understand in case there was anything that needed follow up. I also needed a thorough record of the inspection in the event we needed to go back to the negotiation table. Another concern of mine, of course, was getting the highest quality inspection for the best price. After checking various avenues and asking for a number of word of mouth recommendations, my wife and I met with Dave Smith of Lakeside Home Inspections. He was very friendly, straightforward, and enthusiastic about his field. You could tell that he had a wealth of knowledge and cared about providing his service with integrity. He provided us with very clear expectations on what the inspection would entail. We made the decision to use his services and place our trust in him. We’re very glad we did because during the inspection he noticed a number of items (namely the beginnings of mould in the attic, a dangerously installed electrical switch in the basement, and a lack of proper sealing in the garage) that I think anyone would only notice if they were GOOD, and they CARED. The report provided was in a PDF format, very clear and easy to understand, with pictures to clarify further. In addition to providing the inspection Dave also talked us through exactly how we could fix all the issues he noticed and gave me simple tips on how to improve my handyman skills (which worked - thanks Dave!). For anyone reading this, Dave is a very capable home inspector whom I would recommend to anyone who wants a detailed and accurate assessment of the state of their home, done in a professional yet easy-going manner with integrity. Thank you Dave for taking a lot of the stress off of our shoulders!

Jeff from Scarborough
Jeff from Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

Home inspection

Dave Smith of Lakeside Home Inspections performed our home inspection recently and we were thrilled with his services. He quickly put us at ease over a few things that otherwise may have scared us off. If we weren't so happywith the house we are in now, we would definitely use his services again. We will recommend Dave to anyone in need of a home inspection. Thanks again Dave!

Judy from Ajax
Judy from Ajax
3 reviews Ajax, ON

Home Inspection

Dave of Lakeside Home Inspections does a thorough and professional job - buying a house is very stressful, and he understands this and takes the stress away of the home inspection piece by being there the day I needed him!. I've recommended him to many of my friends.. Best in the business!!

Looking for Home Inspection pros in Ajax?