Shents Renovation

Reviews for Shents Renovation

Luke from Toronto
Luke from Toronto

Tricky deck repair

We needed repairs to a front porch and upper deck damaged by a monster vine and water over the years. It was a tricky job, and Stuart was the only guy willing to have a go at it without cutting down the vine. Stuart was flexible, attentive and answered my questions well. His team showed up on time (after some weather delays), and carried out the job as required, despite some necessary adaptations to the circumstances.
The only reason I do not give a 10 is because Stuart himself was not here on the job (working on another job elsewhere), so when things were found that needed to be accommodated, he wasn't here on the ground to react to them. However, he did his best with Skype and odd visits, and the job did not actually take too long in the end.

L L.
L L.

Back Deck

I had Stuart out to give me a quote on replacing my back deck (which I had fallen through). He was on time, listened to my requests, and had some suggestions for me. He quoted me a more than reasonable price. He and his crew showed up when they said they would, and on time! Which is a big deal these days. Jeff & Will, his crew, were personable and polite and made sure that things were done correctly. While we had a delay on day one, getting materials, they were able to tear down and have the old deck taken away. On day two the material arrived and they went right to work building the new deck. It's wonderful. Jeff & Will, made sure that the job site was as clean as when they started. I am so pleased with their work that I'm going to have Stuart quote me on another project that I need to have done in my house. Thanks so much to Stuart and his crew for their amazing work!!!

Thank you so much for the amazing review. Looking forward to working with you again.

John and Jenn from Toronto
John and Jenn from Toronto

New Front Porch

Project was completed at the end of 2018.

Could not be more pleased and impressed with the work Shent's Renovations completed for my wife and I. Stuart, John, and Louis we're absolutely amazing. (Not sure on the spelling of Louis'/Lewis' name - sorry!)

The initial quote and planning was quick and painless, Stuart talked to us about what we wanted, and what options we're available to us, and is an excellent communicator. Messages were returned promptly, and I was given frequent updates as the project progressed.

We ended up going with composite decking and lighting within the railings, which did increase the cost, but looks fantastic and will last longer than we will.

When the initial demolition of the existing porch was done, it was apparent the brick pillars needed to be replaced before we could finish the porch. On short notice, Stuart was able to put me in touch with a mason (also excellent - a review has also been posted for them), and complete the porch once the pillars had been replaced.

I feel it should also be noted that Stuart was even kind enough to make adjustments to his schedule to build us a temporary porch so that we could participate in Trick or Treating (at no cost to us), while the masons finished their work.

The work was completed on time and as agreed, and the job site was cleaned every day. The entire team is easy to work and communicate with, making the process stress free.

Our porch is now the envy of all our neighbours, and we would 100% recommend Shent's Renovations (and already have to our friends). We will be reaching out to them for our back deck, and kitchen projects in the future.

Thanks again gentlemen, and thanks for putting our porch on your website!

John and Jenn

Thank you so much for the amazing review. You made it easy and enjoyable for us to show up to work every day. Looking forward to working with you on more projects.

Mist in Toronto
Mist in Toronto

Deck Replacement & Railing Repair

'Noticed the work ethic of this company while walking the dog when a neighbour had a deck replaced. After an immediate estimate, contracted with Shenks Renovation to have a third floor deck replaced, trim and railings repaired. A superb job in every way! A professional team, respectful of my home inside and out with intelligent solutions to repair/replacement challenges. An unexpectedly excellent Christmas present!

So glad you noticed us and we were able to help you out. Thank you for the review. You were a pleasure to work with, Suzanne.

Replaced Shed Roof

Stuart helped us fix our leaning pergola about a year ago and did a phenomenal job. We recently asked him to fix our shed roof that was caving in and rotted. We had a problem with raccoons defiicating on it. He went way above expections by installing a metal roof so the pests don’t come back. He is poctual and very honest. Looking forward to more projects that we need done.

Thank you so much again for another amazing review! You two are a pleasure to work with and make my job easy.

jmorrison in Toronto
jmorrison in Toronto

New Shed and retaining wall

I hired Shents Renos to build a new shed on our property. I wanted the shed to have some “curb appeal” as it was part of my driveway and visible to the street. Stuart was very easy to work with and offered good advice and suggestions. The carpenter team of Luis and John were great – always arriving on time, doing solid work and leaving the site clean. Stuart reacted to changes quickly during the build and in the end I got exactly what I wanted at the price I was quoted. I wouldn’t hesitate using Shents for future jobs.

Thanks so much for the review John, it was a pleasure working with you. We are so happy that you're pleased with the shed.

JP in Toronto
JP in Toronto

Rooftop Deck with Privacy Fencing

Stuart was excellent and a pleasure to deal with from the initial quote, to the build to payment. The strong Carpenter team of Louis and John made our experience easy and delivered a final product above expectations. I highly recommend this company, and will be utilizing them again in the future.

Thank you so much for the amazing review James. We appreciate the kind words and I'm sure we will be seeing you in your area again.

Pressure treated Pine deck

Stuart at Shents Renovation made the whole deal easy from start to finish.
Louis and John are well skilled carpenters and made it look really nice.
I would strongly recommend these guys.

So happy to hear everything turned out great.

Fixed Leaning Pavilion Pergola

Had nothing short of a great experience with Shents Renovation. WE had a pavilion pergola that was leaning to one side. After talking with other company's we were very discouraged about fixing the pergola. We were told to demo it and build a new one, which we didn't want to do. Stuart was professional and honest he knew we really wanted to keep the pergola. In the end they straightened it, re-shingled the roof and installed some brackets to stabilize it. it looks fantastic. We have more work we need to have done around the house and we will definitely be contacting Stuart at Shents Renovation.

Thanks so much for the review Simon, and glad you guys are happy with the work. Look forward to working with you guys in the future.

Adnan from Toronto
Adnan from Toronto

Backyard Fence + retaining Wall

Extremely satisfied with the services received. Stuart and his crew were very professional and knowledgeable.
During initial, negotiation phase, Stuart was patient and demonstrated expertise, which made it so much easier for us. Stuart's team executed the plan well, with minimal noise or disruption, while maintaining a good quality work, both with the retaining wall and with the fence. Closing down the project, all my comments and remarks were taken into consideration and addressed. There were no surprises with previously agreed upon price.
Overall, Stuart and his crew conduct business with integrity and pride and I would highly recommend them to anyone for a similar project.

Thanks you so much for the review Adnan. We are very happy you are pleased with the work.

More about Shents Renovation

Shents Renovation is a full service General Contractors company, with experience in a variety of projects from large to small including:
Interior/exterior renovations