I needed someone to paint some rooms and patch a few holes.I found Noel on Google, he quoted me for 3 days worth of labour, $640-960 before tax, $1262 after tax at most.
- Noel would take his sweet time doing the most menial tasks.
- He asked us for a list of things that needed to be done and then didnt look at the list once- thus he ended up missing a few things- walls, base boards.
- Everything he missed, he'd act as if it were an add on to the list of things to do- perhaps part of his ploy to take longer and charge more money.
- He patched a few holes on the walls without painting over them, thus leaving the work for me to do later.
- He attempted to refit our washer and dryer into the laundry room, and ended up breaking the sliding doors, totalling $500 to replace.
- It took him 5 days to do 3 days worth of work, and then tried to charge me $1700- over $400 more than we agreed, for unfinished work that I then had to go back and do myself.
Once I refused t o pay him the new amount, things went from bad to just plain creepy. He went into my house, took a picture with his phone of a family potrait of me, my wife and my son, and emailed the picture to me, telling me that I was setting a bad example, I was being shameful, etc. Who sneaks into peoples homes and takes pictures of them?
Noel Taylor is a very strange man with a horrible work ethic. If you like people ripping you off and taking pictures of you when you're not around, then Noel Taylor's the handyman for you.
If anyone would like a copy of the correspondence between him and my wife and I, feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org