Haystack Home Inspections

HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in New Westminster  >  Haystack Home Inspections

Reviews for Haystack Home Inspections

Candice in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

I contacted Chris for a home inspection. He booked and completed our inspection in a few days, and presented me with a detailed 60+ page online report complete with pictures of each item described and recommendations on issues that needed to be addressed. The numerous pictures made the report exceedingly easy to understand, as we could literally "see" exactly what he was describing and thereby understand what work needed to be done. Over and above the excellent online report, Chris was very professional and had great communication. Would definitely recommend him. Thanks for a great job, Candice

Thanks Candice, I was glad to help with your Langley home inspection. It is nice to hear that you found report excellent. At Haystack Home Inspections, we do put a lot more images in our reports than most other inspection companies as we find it helps our clients understand the issues we are describing. Thanks being a great client. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Sonia in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

I was referred by to Chris . I called him up on very short notice . he did it on Sunday ! he was very kind and helpful , he was thorough and even offered to check things over second time with out charge just make sure we can have some peace of mind . Chris is incredibly professional and equally knowledgeable . I would definitely recommend Chris to anyone looking for a house inspector . I can not thank him enough for his work ethic and professionalism .

Hi Sonia, So many people are tearing down Shaughnessy heritage houses it is a pleasure to get to inspect one occasionally. Follow-up inspections on specific issues are normally billed at a significantly reduced rate in this instance due to the proximity and specific details of the issue we offered it at no charge. I am glad you enjoyed the work ethic, professionalism, and knowledge displayed during your Vancouver home inspection. Thanks for allowing Haystack Home Inspections to help with your purchase. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

S. Taylor in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

We had already purchased a property and wanted an expert to perform a home inspection. Chris came highly recommended and we were extremely happy we hired him. He was very thorough, taking the time to explain his findings and answer any questions we had. We never felt rushed, and we learned a lot about our home. The detailed report/summary is clear and well organized, and was promptly emailed to us. We have peace of mind moving forward knowing what items to address and prioritize. Chris is an honest professional. I highly recommend his services.

Hi S. Taylor, Thanks for recommending Haystack Home Inspections. Post purchase or maintenance inspections are becoming more popular with competition for available housing stock and increased awareness of the potential pit falls of limited maintenance. Good luck with your new home and we'd be happy to help with any of your future questions. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Matthew in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Chris was extremely professional and thorough, a pleasure to work with. I was given a short time frame to inspect the house and clear subjects, and Chris helped with promptness and a thoroughness I was very impressed with.
Chris was exactly what I was looking for, helping walk me through all of the building highlights and issues, and followed up with a detailed report that was extremely useful. Chris has remained available to help with any follow up questions I have. He has been great to work with.
Matthew Reid, Director of Operations, Kindred Construction Ltd.

Hi Matthew, I always love working with construction professionals like yourself. They have such a great understanding of the importance a good inspector and inspection play in the role of purchasing or maintaining a home. Helping with you Vancouver Condo purchase was my pleasure and I look forward to working with you again when you are ready to graduate up to your next home. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

pochat in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Chris was punctual and professional, from the first phone call was easy to schedule. During the home inspection, he pointed out many good things about the place, and also things that needed attention in the short and long term. Very informative!

Hi Pochat, So glad you found the inspection informative. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Stella Wang in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Chris did a very professional job for my new home, he's very detailed and spent about four hours to check every details. Both listing agent and buyer agent said very high of him. His report is very thorough and address out all the points we need to pay attention to, including the maintenance.

He's very helpful, supportive and patient, he asked me to call him any time in the future, not only regarding the reports but also the maintenance. Very responsive person.

Hi Stella, It is very nice of you to provide a review for my company. Haystack Home Inspections truly wants our clients to feel able to call if they have any questions. Your three subsequent telephone conversations during your negotiations with the builders are just part of our service. I hope all goes well with your new home and look forward to hearing from you in the future. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

1 review Vancouver, BC

Chris was amazing. He was very informative and thorough. He helped us to make the decision to not buy a house that looked really good as it was recently cosmetically updated inside and out. Due to its lovely appearance and realtor's claims that it was a solid house we were very much interested in buying this house despite the hefty price tag. After Chris' inspection we learned the roof was in the last leg of its life, there needed to be some substantial work to ensure that drainage from walk ways wasn't channeled right toward the house, hidden rot on a patio, required maintenance for the exterior that was just painted but not patched and many other smaller price tag items. When purchasing a house at such a high price, there wasn't any room left to spend on the significant amount of upkeep that needed to be done. We couldn't justify spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to leave our current home which has been updated and has no large ticket items to worry about for 20 years for the sake of a little more space but lots more work ahead. Chris called me after to go over items that were better explained on the phone rather than by email. It really allowed me to be clear on various parts of the inspection and advice to move forward with.
Thank you so much Chris, we will definitely be referring people your way and be using you again as we continue on our hunt.

Hi A, Thanks so much for your review. It is great to hear Haystack Home Inspections provide the information you needed to make a well-informed decision about the property you were looking at purchasing. A decision to buy is hard made doubly so if you lack the requisite information to make the decision. Good luck with hunt and I look forward to helping with you next home inspection. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Josh in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Chris was very helpful and thorough with his home inspection for my new property. He also extended an invitation for future advice. Top notch service and I would highly recommend Chris to anyone.

Hey Josh, I was a pleasure to help with the inspection of your Port Moody town home. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

1 review North Vancouver, BC

Chris was punctual, professional, and courteous. He took time to carefully explain everything in detail to us, and did a walk through on the property. Due to time constraints Chris offered us a discount if we were willing to wait for the written report, which was emailed to us in the next day or so later, instead of the same day delivery. The report was detailed and a helpful reference guide for insurance and renovations purposes. Chris even followed up with a call some time later inquire whether or not further explanation was required. Thank you Chris :)

Thanks V, It's nice to hear you found the service punctual, professional, and courteous. I know that is what I look for in service providers so it great to hear it mirrored back. Good luck with North Vancouver home. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

Aaron in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

We had a 24hr window to get an inspection done in a multiple offer situation. Chris was thankfully available and did an extremely thorough walk through. I was present at the walkthrough and Chris was able to convey all of the 'major issues' verbally so that we could proceed with our offer knowing what we were getting into. Chris also noted that if we weren't successful he would apply the cost of writing the report to our next inspection (we were successful).

Chris's report was extremely detailed and well thought out. I use it as my to do list for the property.

Finally, and most importantly when the weather started to turn cold I realized our furnace wasn't firing up properly. It was 6:30 at night and we couldn't get a hold of service company. I called Chris to see if he had any insight. He spent 15 minutes working through some trouble shooting with me and it turned out there was a power switch turned off.

Excellent service combined with a very thorough inspection made using Haystack a no brainer.

Hi Aaron, Thanks for the rave review. Many people think of a home inspection as a one off event. Just because the inspection was a couple months or years ago, I still want my clients to understand they can call me about their homes. Often times a simple phone call can save you money. I was happy to help trouble shoot your boiler issue. Frankly, it makes me feel good. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity. Sincerely, Chris Thompson

More about Haystack Home Inspections

The best inspections are performed by passionate inspectors. Buying or maintaining a home or condo can be intimidating. Get the professional guidance you need.

** Flexible workdays help accommodate your schedule.

** Extensive knowledge informs your inspection.

** Exceptional reporting aids your understanding.

** Transparent pricing assures you our best deal.

A genuine concern for your well-being and years of hands-on experience in construction, residential and commercial project management as well as extensive inspection training influence each inspection performed for you.

Home Inspection | Condo Inspection | Town Home Inspection