Tiles R Us

Reviews for Tiles R Us

Majid
Majid

Bathroom Restoration

I was refinancing my mortgage to finance a renovation. Because I knew my bathrooms were going to be demolished, I let them go, until the I realized my home needed to be appraised first.

I searched Google and found Tiles R Us. I called a bunch of cleaning companies before, none of them specialized in removing mold and mildew.

When I called Tiles R Us, Owen picked up the phone, he was driving from another job. He said he will do such a great job, I would reconsider the renovation. I decided to trust him. He's usually booked for the week, but he had a cancellation and said he could meet me within the hour if I wanted to proceed.

5 hours later, he was right. (The pictures don't do justice because the overhead light was out). Owen is a trooper. His equipment, his chemicals, his tools are hefty, mean and loud. He did not take a break. I felt bad, I offered him water, food, he said no thank you.

I’m happy I chose him, the renovations are now less priority for us, they are a luxury.

Thank you Owen.

Grace U.
Grace U.

Shower regrouting

I called for the service thinking it was a simple crack that needed a refill. When Owen arrived, first he took the time to reassess the problem then gave me professional advice on what the better solution would be. He impressed me with his knowledge of the problem and the willingness to accommodate a larger scale of work at short notice.
The original plan I made with Owen should probably have taken a few hours but because the plan changed, he spent several hours extra doing the job. It was obvious he was more interested in an excellent outcome. He delivered his job superbly and went way beyond expectations.
I am very satisfied with this service. Not only will I use him again and again, I will also highly recommend him to others.

Your hospitality during the project is absolutely more than great. I enjoyed working for you . Thank you for your business

Stephen
Stephen
1 review Burlington, ON

Kitchen counter top re seal and polish

A fantastic job re-freshing the kitchen counters and bringing them back to their former luster. The prep and actual work were incredibly clean and the work was done in the time committed. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your business and taking time out of your busy schedule to give us a review.

amagra66
amagra66

Front entrance, foyer, hall ways and around the kitchen.

Tiles R Us
416-858-9590
5 Harding Ave
Toronto
M6M 0A3

The workers were courteous and on time, did what they had to do in a timely fashion. I was particularly amazed about the precision of the job, the grout in between the tiles were meticulously dealt with. They finished and left my house better than it was before they showed up. The pictures definitely speak for themselves.

I really appreciate your hospitality during the project. Thank you for your business.

Zoë
Zoë

Shower restoration not fully completed

I hired Owen to restore a shower the services agreed to were to remove and replace grout and to remove and replace caulking.

Owen arrived at 11:25 am - 25 minutes after the arrival window he communicated and awfully late in the day to start a big job like this. He didn’t finish until 6:30 pm which caused a delay in our dinner plans.

The work he did do was ok, but not great. There was a gob if caulking on the shower glass that I’ve had to remove and there are some sloppy corners with excess caulking. Not really the attention to detail I’d hoped for by hiring a professional. But a few error I can deal with. I know it’s physically difficult work.

The big problem is the work that was not done. The grout on the shower floor was not removed and replaced. Furthermore, several sections of caulking were not removed and replaced. I am very disappointed with this as the old caulking has yellowed over time and looks ugly. The point of restoring the shower was that it looks fresh, but with this yellow caulking remaining it does not. I contacted Owen to ask him to fix this, but he has argued and been defensive with me.

I would not recommend this company unless you spell out in great detail what is included in the quote and carefully supervise the work as it is being completed. The contract that Owen provided was so vague that it is not useful.

Some people are impossible to please. As soon as they get what they thought they wanted they always want more.
The crux of the matter : Client wants me to come back after a week job was completed and confirmed to perform certain duties above or not within the agreed job description.

Client intentionally didn't share the pictures of concerns before and after. Client please post pictures for other home Onwer to see and decide for themselves.

Arrival time scheduled was 10am -11am . Client was not even home when I arrived. Client is simply complaining about arrival time as a way to hurt our reputation because I refused to yield to her intimidation. Arrival time at the condominium building was 10.55am checking through the security , parking, off loading equipments and taking them up to the unit takes a little while.

The shower pan ( shower stall floor ) is not included in what was quoted that will be regrouted as they don’t need to be regrouted. They seems pretty good but only needs restoration.
All the caulking required according to quote was removed and re caulked.

Client carefully supervised the job and confirmed that everything according to contract was implemented.

A week after the job completion date. Client complained about some concerns. Client was asked to send pictures of the concerns to me ASAP as I take pride in my workmanship.

I carefully examined the images provided, the caulking of concerns were outside the shower stall and not included in the job description. However I did removed some caulking on the outside of the shower stall as customers delight.

If the client had told me about those concerns when I was still at the unit I would have removed them as customers delight even though they were not part of the quote.

I don’t think those caulking the was concerned about were yellowing due to dirt or stain , it’s just the colour of that particular silicon caulking. They don’t come in contact with water, soap scums or hard water stains and does not need to be removed except for cosmetic purposes i.e changing the caulking to clear silicon.

The job is completed and below is list of customer delight attached with the job. (meaning that I went above the job description with the aim of putting smile on the client's face)

1. Glass door restoration
( inside & outside )

2. Shower door Seal cleaning.

3. Caulking in several areas outside the shower stall. ( entrance area and behind shower glass facing the bathtub ) and also inside the shower stall where the ceiling meets the shower walls.

It sucks the Client is ungrateful after all that cookies.
My aim was only satisfaction.

.. this is a learning experience for me. In all my years in this business this particular client is the first with such concern. I’ve taken note and my communication is automatically modified.

Ajax61
Ajax61
1 review Ajax, ON

Bathroom grout and tile polish

Grouting in poor shape and cleaning was arduous. Called TilesR us, Owen called back to my SOS, and came that afternoon. Very polite, efficient, and did excellent work, left the bathroom spotless.

Thank you for your business and taking time out of your busy schedule to give us a review.

Charles in Binbrook
Charles in Binbrook
1 review Hamilton, ON

Restoration of marble table tops

I got Owen to restore two small marble table tops and they certainly look better. We moved them into the garage and he wet-sanded them there. But you should be careful – dealing with him left a bitter taste.
First, he was late. He said he would arrive at about 8:30 so I called him at 10:30 to find out where he was, and he said he had only just seen my address in an email I had sent a few days before. But he had already responded to my email several days ago! He finally arrived at about 11.
Second, I had agreed with him to restore the bigger of the two tables for less than his “minimum charge” because I thought it would not take very long. But I felt bad so I offered to pay an additional $100 if he did the smaller table (which is only 18 inches in diameter) so he could at least make a bit more money since he was going to be here anyway. He didn’t comment at all on this in his next email so I thought he wasn’t interested – I understand that this would still involve quite a bit of sanding. But when he arrived he said ok but he asked for more money!
Third, as we chatted I observed him with the sander on the larger table. I left him for a few minutes, and when I returned he said he had finished. I asked him if he was going to put on a sealer and he said he had already done that. A silicone sealant. I thought that was a bit strange that he had sealed it so quickly so I asked him if I could see what he had used. He said “later”. I thought – hmm, again strange – but whatever. I then watched him do the smaller table. Instead of putting sealer, he asked me if I had any “ArmorAll”. I said no, but I did have some Pledge furniture polish (oil-based). He said ok – that will do – and he proceeded to cover the smaller table with Pledge! It was slathered all over. And he then pronounced the smaller table “sealed”. I then pressed him on his promise to show me the silicone sealer he had used on the larger table and he refused saying this was a “trade secret”. Finally after I insisted he showed me a couple of small bottles of stuff – strangely he had to dig them out of a box in his truck. And he liked the furniture polish so much he put some on the larger table. I guess he put it on over the sealer!!
Oh my. You would think he could bring his own materials. At least the tables look better. But they are obviously really oily and I must remember not to eat off of them. (Pledge is full of petroleum distillates and can be harmful if swallowed.)

I can't remember scheduling this client for 8.30am. our schedule is usually between 10am - 11am. he must be confusing us with another contractor he must have spoke with in the past while shopping around.

first of all client was arguing about pricing and asking to pay below our minimum charge for service. at first i though he is a senior on pension so i ask how much is your budget sir, he said $300 i said i'll come and help you with the table top polishing just as a complimentary service. he later added a black marble top on the day of the job.

During the job. Client was very nosy, inquisitive and curious which is not a problem as i love educating my clients about what stone restoration entails. however i noticed his behavior was becoming intrusive as the client was physically going through my materials and equipment looking at the labels and all sort of uncomfortable behavior which made me ask him if he wants to learn the trade he should simply send his application for apprenticeship.

Marble Restoration process

100 grits--- during this stage we removed the scratches on the stone table by grinding.
200 grits
400 grits
600 grits------after this stage is when sealing is recommended before polishing
800 grtis
1500 grits
3500 grits
6000 grits ----at this stage the stone surface looks brand new , restored and shiny.

Job was completed and sealed properly as supposed. When i asked the client to help move the table into the house he asked if i have sealed the stones and i explained that the stone were sealed before the polishing stage. The client did not believe me and asked to see the sealer that i used. i told him that is our trade secrets and i won't be showing him the product used but assured him that the stones were properly sealed. the client got mad.

however after polishing of the black table top due to the nature of the stone. the surface looks grayish when dry ( before images will show you what i mean as some surface was already grayish even before the restoration) and dark black when wet so with my experience i need to color enhance the stone with an oil base color enhancer to bring back the color not to seal the black stone like the client have insinuated.The client didn't pay for this particular service as he was arguing over price a lot and still very ungrateful.

as you can see from the before and After images that i did a fantastic job. The client is simply ungrateful for a job well done below our minimum charge. I will not be accepting jobs from such clients in the future.

tburdi401
tburdi401

shower restoration

Well done overall friendly and very clean workmanship. Would highly recommend him. My shower was very discoloured as you can see from the picture , but now looks brand new.

Adam
Adam

Shower restoration and other caulking repair work

Owen is very thorough and meticulous in his work. We had mould in our shower stall caulking that we could not get rid of. The grout was also discoloured in places from mould. As can be seen from the photos, Owen restored the shower to mint condition. He pointed out some problems with the construction of the shower and addressed them for us as well.

While he was here, Owen also fixed some other caulking problems we had.

We are very happy with the result.

Thank you very much for your business

pvmonaco
pvmonaco

Bathroom

The tile's are over 30 year's old..they look new....job well done. Great service!

Thank you for your business.

More about Tiles R Us

At TilesRus, we've got all your needs covered from Tile and Grout Cleaning and Restoration to Marble Restoration and Polishing. Don't hesitate to ask us a question or inquire as to why a certain process has to take place. All of our staff are friendly and knowledgeable and we have completed 100's of projects. We are insured and WSIB compliant. We want you to know just how special you and your project are to us, so we do our very best to ensure that you and your needs always come first. We even have a complimentary free no obligation estimate.

Some of the services provided:
Tile and grout cleaning and sealing
Mold and Mildew removal