Wiehler Mechanical

Plumbing
Wiehler Mechanical

Reviews for Wiehler Mechanical

Hot water tank

Very pleased with service men- polite, friendly, professional. Had to have 5 visits to fix issue. Did it need all those new parts? Hefty bill, overall, pleased. Enjoying the hot water

Glad our technicians could help you. We're sorry it took 5 visits, but glad we got it sorted in the end.

Ian in Creston
Ian in Creston

Highly recommended

Called to fix bathtub faucet, found diverter had locked closed but released when water pressure shut off. Only charged for the call out and nothing more. Fast, courteous, safe. Highly recommended.

Thanks Ian. Glad we could help you out!

lois.anson
lois.anson

Install new faucet

Got a text before plumber arrived with a photo and history as well as some personal interests of my plumber. Really loved that I knew something about him before I invited him into my home. He was very knowledgeable and gave me really great advice. Will definitely call them again and again.

That's awesome Lois. Glad Steve took care of your problem. He's one of the best plumbers in town - friendly, professional, and cares about pipes and people.

Furnace Service and new humidifier

Great prompt service. Professional and courteous staff who know their stuff. The guys made sure my furnace was ready for winter and gave great advice about home heating solutions. Definitely recommend Wiehler

Thanks so much. That's what we strive for!

Marlene
Marlene

Sprinkler Installation

We are converting a secondary suite to a officially legal secondary suite. The last thing on the to do list was adding sprinklers. We had used Wiehler before for other projects and contacted them. They had someone out within a few days and the work done in 1/2 a day.

Thanks Marlene, always happy to help.

Furnace Fan Follow up

Follow up call to replace a cracked blower motor belt in furnace which was discovered during furnace tune-up. I am satisfied with the quality of work completed. However, my opinion is that I should not have to pay for an additional Dispatch Fee since it was a return call. Just saying...

Thanks for the review. Our policy is to not charge the second dispatch fee if we should have had the part with us during the first visit. In this case, there are hundreds of different blower motor belts which we cannot possibly stock on our vans. This is the unfortunate reality of the plumbing and HVAC industry where there are millions of different parts. The dispatch fee covers the expenses we incur to provide these parts (gas, insurance, staff time, vehicle wear and tear, etc.). I hope this helps clarify the charges.

J in Calgary
J in Calgary

Furnace Service

I had previously used this company to install my dishwasher. Once again their service on my furnace was excellent. The technician was on time, professional and explained the required work in advance. I have no hesitation in recommending this company.

Thanks for the great endorsement! We really appreciate it.

Vera in Calgary
Vera in Calgary

AC repair

A technician came to repair my AC. He was polite and cordial, and took me through the operation and maintenance of the system since I am a recently widowed senior citizen with no prior experience with central AC.
He cleaned the electronic air cleaner and replaced the capacitor in the AC unit, at a cost of $326.92.
Unfortunately, the system still did not work through the hot days of July. Two different technicians came out to investigate the problem. They found the system needed refrigerant, and the two pre-filters in the electronic air cleaner we’re shredded and needed to be replaced. I was given a quote for repairing the system as well as one for replacement. After calling the office, the $72.45 charge for the second visit was refunded.
I would thin that checking the refrigerant would be one of the first things a technician would do. Had this problem been identified at the initial visit, it would have saved me money, discomfort and hassle.
I am disappointed to say the least.

I'm very sorry to hear about that Vera. The original technician did verify the refrigerant charge was correct and that the unit was running correctly. These notes are on your invoice. On the second visit, we found the unit very low on charge which means you have a leak. We do not perform leak searches on equipment during routine maintenance unless there is an indication that one is required. On the second visit, we presented an estimate to perform a leak search which you have not accepted. Unfortunately, troubleshooting problems with A/C's and furnaces is often iterative and can require multiple trips. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Shawna
Shawna

Annual Service & Maintenance - Whole Home HVAC

An exceptional experience of the services provided by Mike & Jay! We've been in our home for 9 years and have had other HVAC providers in to do our annual maintenance, and have never experienced the attention to detail that we received from Mike & Jay. They picked up on things like the recirc loop in the on-demand hot water system not being activated; there was a valve that was installed upside down in our AC system. Interesting how these things could go unnoticed and not corrected for many years, by a number of different HVAC contractors. Heart felt thanks to Team Wiehler ... and particularly to Mike & Jay. Thank You.

That's great to hear Shawna. Really appreciate the feedback and happy to help!

Michael in Castlegar
Michael in Castlegar
0 reviews Castlegar, BC

Office seems to be in disarray

Site technician was great but the people in the office seem disorganized and seem to lack customer service skills. They continue to invoice me for services that were paid for at the time of delivery. After calling them and being assured that the issue would be resolved, the accounting department continues to send me invoices. The actual initial service day the technician was held up at another location but no one took the time to call me to let me know. When the service was done the part installed turned out to be defective but the reception person didn’t seem to apologize and had the attitude that I should fit my schedule to theirs. Very poor customer focus. I picked this company because a neighbor in our complex had a positive experience but I am definitely regretting the choice now.

Thank you for your message Michael. I checked your account and you are correct, there is an invoice that should have been covered under warranty which was billed to you. I have fixed this issue. I apologize that we did not catch that error ourselves. I am also sorry to hear about your poor customer experience. We take pride in our excellent customer service and I'm sorry that we didn't live up to our own standards in this case. We always strive to be on time, with friendly attitudes and professional services. Unfortunately, we did not do that with you. I hope you will give us another chance to prove ourselves. All the best, Adam.

More about Wiehler Mechanical

Wiehler Mechanical is Calgary's premier plumbing and HVAC contractor, serving Calgary, Airdrie, Cochrane and the surrounding area for over 40 years. We offer full service residential and light commercial Furnaces, Air conditioning, Plumbing, Hot Water Tanks, Boilers and all other forms of HVAC and plumbing. Our technicians are the best in the business and can get your job done right.