KWR Roofing Systems Inc.

Bay # 3 4312 Ogden Rd SE Calgary AB T2H 0L1
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Calgary  >  KWR Roofing Systems Inc.

Reviews for KWR Roofing Systems Inc.

tibbles from Calgary

Excellent. From quote to finish, a professional, no-nonsense job. We got some references from KWR which swayed us to using them for our siding replacement. They were not the cheapest quote, more mid-pack, but I appreciated their responsiveness to all my many inquiries. The job took longer than expected, with two main crew members doing the lion's share, but they were careful, and did the job right. They did not cut corners to finish the job quickly. Would you rather fast, or good? Overall, the siding looks great, and it was installed properly. I would use KWR again without hesitation.

Sarah. P from Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

My insurance company (Wawanesa)had recommended a preferred vendor of theirs (KWR) to do the repairs to my house from a hail storm we had. Initially we were very impressed by the service we had received from the project manager Jeff O'Hara who came to our house to do an estimate. He was very knowledgeable and explained to us exactly what they were doing on the quote that was provided to me by them. He answered all of our questions and was quick to respond when we called. His assistant (I believe was Jeff's assistant, Deborah) was very friendly when I called and felt as though they cared about us and the inconvenience we were going through at the time. As we had never been through an insurance claim before, this was a walk in the park dealing with KWR and felt very comfortable with them repairing our roof etc, until our file had reached the production stage. Once our file was handed over to the coordinator I believe Ray or Riley? who was in charge of scheduling the work to be done, it seemed as though we were left at the bottom of the pile and forgotten about. I had repeatedly left messages for him with no calls back and no replies to my emails. my first thought was that he was away on vacation or was extremely busy, until I called the main office and was put through to his office where I left another message. I felt as though he was purposely avoiding my phone calls. I will admit I was quite needy when asking questions (Im a single woman with no knowledge of how to put a roof back together!) When I did finally hear back from him (week later) his tone with me seemed almost like he was annoyed that I had questions about when the work was going to start as I have a dog in my back yard (big dog!) and wanted to make sure that he was locked up for when the workers arrived. I had finally spoke with the coordinator the work started moving along, He later advised that he would be by to do a final inspection of the repairs when it was all done, I waited for almost 2 weeks before he came by and very short notice. Otherwise the workmanship was great and would highly recommend KWR for the work done. I would recommend some training of how you're coordinators are to deal with the customers (in a timely fashion I might add) I think that would be a good idea. If next time I end up having to go through an insurance claim and I need my roof done, I will use KWR because the work they do is fantastic but I will be requesting to deal with someone else.
Thank you for your time in reading my comment.
Sarah (Airdrie AB)

Hi Sarah,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We are really happy to hear that you are pleased with the work despite your less than positive experience with the co-coordinators. This is not our normal quality of customer service, and we sincerely apologize. Jeff O’Hara, the Operations Manager, would like to investigate this a little further so that we may improve our service going forward. Please give him a call at (403) 256 4761.

We appreciate any feedback that allows us to improve upon our service.

KWR Roofing Systems Inc.

Bernice from Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

Riley was wonderful to deal with. He was attentive and despite our many questions, he was always patient. I feel he went the extra mile for us and advocated for us. Very professional and yet down to earth. Highly recommend!

Paul Billo from Airdrie
2 reviews Airdrie, AB

This was an insurance job and KWR was the insurance company's contractor. I see that KWR has great reviews on here but this is my perspective.

Overall, the quality of the work was very good, the timeliness of the job completion was good and any deficiencies I brought up were addressed quickly. The reason for my lower score is because I am still picking up cigarette butts around my home and one of the workers thought it would be appropriate to have his dog tied up to a tree in my front yard on one of the days. I was off that day and saw him in my front yard while making lunch. I like dogs but this was not very professional. I decided at the time to let it go.

Lastly, when an appointment to finalize payment was initially missed, I was told via text message that we would get an upgraded warranty on the roof for the trouble, but this was retracted at the time of final payment. The reason being that there was no warranty option on the particular product we chose. I think this was clearly a case of over promising.

If someone says they are going to offer something, they should follow through with it. Instead, we got a pair of thermos cups and an apology.

Phone calls were professional, messages returned, and overall, things went smoothly, so this is a bit I f a mixed bag. The biggest thing that I'm not happy with is the retraction of a better warranty.

If these three issues hadn't come up, I would probably consider KWR for work paid for out of my own pocket, but I would suggest shopping around.

Hello Paul,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for your negative experience, and appreciate the feed back so that we may improve our service going forward.

We were unaware of both the cigarette butts and dog in the front yard until now. Please let us know if we need to send the crew back to do a clean up ( 403 200 6882 ). Both of these issues have been addressed with the crews, and will not be happening again.

We sincerely apologize about the warranty issue. We are a GAF Certified contractor and as a result we can offer an upgraded warranty on GAF roofs. Our employee did make a mistake when he offered the warranty as he assumed you went with GAF as the vast majority of our customers do. Instead you had picked Owens Corning shingles and we are not certified installers with this brand of shingle. This is no excuse, as we should have checked before it was offered. We do sincerely apologize, but unfortunately sometimes mistakes are made.

I do hope you enjoy the complimentary coffee mugs.
Thank you.

KWR Roofing Systems. Inc

Julie Robertson  from Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

I have used KWR two years in a row for our hail claims. I like that it is a family run company, and I feel that they try to make their clients feel like part of that family. The first year I felt very comfortable with the amount of expertise they had and the attention to detail with explaining every aspect to me. They went above and beyond to answer my questions even after hours and on weekends. When the second hail storm hit I phoned KWR before I phoned my insurance broker.

John from Lethbridge
1 review Lethbridge, AB

We had a hail damage claim on our house. KWR supplied a very thorough estimate for the repairs to our house and supplied a package for options for shingle replacement. At this time we decided to transition colors on our house from burgundy to white. They were very prompt in determining what we wanted to do and supplied us with an additional private quote for the extra work. Within a couple of weeks of signing off for them to do the work, they were at the house. Any delays were communicated via email, but there were no real delays to speak of. All work was completed, including the roof, and metal change (gutters, soffit, facia, etc.) in just over a week. As for the crews, they were professional, courteous, and respectful while they were here. Any minor changes we asked were not a problem and were met with enthusiasm. Overall we were very pleased with the service and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

C. J. from Stirling
1 review Stirling, AB

In the hailstorm of August 2013 my roof was damaged along with the fascia and gutters. KWR, a preferred vendor with Wawanesa insurance called on me to ask if they could do an estimate of the damage and submit it on my behalf. I was most impressed when Wawanesa accepted the estimate without question, indicating the trust they had in KWR. KWR representatives personally visited with me to fully explain the estimate, answer all the questions I had and assist with the selection of a roofing product. I was most impressed with the professionalism displayed at all times and the very evident depth of experience and knowledge in the roofing business. Despite the fact KWR was based in Calgary, I felt their experience and expertise were such that it would be best to have them do the work rather than a less experienced locally based contractor. I was not disappointed. At all times their employees were most professional, the work was extremely well scheduled such that as soon as the roof was completed the next team of workers arrived to replace the fascia and gutters. The roofers were very skilled, worked extremely hard and did excellent work. This was also the same with the team of workers who replaced the fascia and gutters. The quality of the work done was reflected in the attention to detail such as strategically placed deflectors on the gutters to make sure water stays in the gutters and does not spill out; flashing molded to direct water in the most efficient manner to gutters etc. At all times representatives of the company were easy to contact, always professional and pleasant, very happy to answer any questions that were asked. I received superior service, superior work and KWR would be my very first choice to do any such work again the future. Thank you!

Stacey Hooper from Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

had major hail damage to shingles, gutters and most of the facia on my house. KWR was one company recommended by my insurance agent. i checked them out along with several others. The decision to use KWR was the result of my finding that all the people i talked to and all of the reviews i had found for them were very good. After speaking to a representative (Riley O'Hara) from KWR i felt comfortable and gave the go ahead on the work. within two weeks and despite the lousy weather they had the shingles delivered and all of the work completed in just two days. the crews were polite, professional and cleaned up very well after they had finished.

More about KWR Roofing Systems Inc.

KWR Roofing Systems is a sub Divison of Kelkur West Renovations. Our focus is on exterior renovations ( Siding, Soffit/ Fascia, Gutter, Roofing, Windows/ Doors). We specialize in insurance claims and are a preferred contractor for many of the large insurance companies - we also do private work. We have ...