Old World Craftsmanship

Reviews for Old World Craftsmanship

Elwood in Ottawa
Elwood in Ottawa

Chimney Removal

It's now been almost a year since Oldy took down our Chimney, patched the wall and rubble foundation on our 1900's row house. Superb work and craftsmanship that lasts, right down to matching the mortar.

Going back for repointing work next.

Thank you. It is my pleasure. Thank you for believing in me and trusting me with your property. Grateful Nusret Oldy.
It was pleasure working for you

Mark Willetts in Kitchener
Mark Willetts in Kitchener

Chimney Repair

Nusret fixed our brick chimney at a reasonable price. He takes pride in his work and was unfailingly pleasant. He organized the work to reduce the impact on my neighbour, as he needed access to the side of the house. The repaired chimney looks good, and Nusret was able to describe in detail how the chimney would now last for a very long time. I believe him! He is courteous, kind, and has a good sense of humour. I will be calling him in the future for other repair work. Thank you, Nusret!

Mary from Ottawa
Mary from Ottawa

Chimney repair

Nusret has done a number of projects for us, most recently rebuilding our chimney. His craftsmanship is always excellent, he provides good advice on the work required and completes the work in a timely fashion. Nusret is always pleasant to deal with and we would recommend him highly.

Chris from Ottawa
Chris from Ottawa

Chimney Repair

"Oldy" Nusret was very responsive when I was seeking estimates. His passion for his work is evident, and he seems intent on doing a good job. His price wasn't the lowest of the estimates I got, but it was a great price considering the work he did. He also did some extra repointing at no charge.

Tom from Ottawa
Tom from Ottawa

Chimney Repair

I hired "Oldy" Nusret to repair my chimney after seeing several other projects that Oldy and his team had worked on in the area. Oldy is clearly very passionate about his work, and I'm delighted with the job he did. He found bricks matching the existing ones to help with the rebuild, and even fixed up a small area of my back wall that was not part of the job. His repair cost precisely what he said it would (no surprises) and the chimney looks great. Several of my neighbors have hired Oldy for their masonry work in the past, and we have all been very pleased with the high standard of work he delivers. I'm therefore happy to recommend Old World Craftsmanship to anyone.

Tony Walker from Ottawa
Tony Walker from Ottawa

Chimney Repair

Oldy repaired two chimneys for us. He obviously takes great pride in his work and did an excellent job. We were very satisfied with the result. His method of constructing the chimney cap is designed to shed water and prevent it running down the bricks and causing damage and flaking, which was the reason our current chimneys needed repair. He kept the work site very clean and tidy, and did the work on time. Highly recommended.

Jon from Nepean
Jon from Nepean

Chimney Rebuid

This is the second chimney I have had rebuilt. We had the chimney rebuilt at our previous house in 2004 by a gentlemen who was semi retired. I still live close by that house and often see that chimney and it still looks great. I would have loved to hire him again for the chimney of our current house but he seems to be fully retired now. I read about Oldy here and found out he use to work for that now retired gentleman. We also got quotes from many other masons. Oldy's quote was not the cheapest but very competitive. Some quotes were close to twice the price.
Oldy provided the same great quality rebuild as his old boss. The concrete cap looks great and requires no maintenance. The brick match was good and extra effort was taken to make the mortar look the same from new to old.
We added a concrete window sill to the scope of work. The price for that was very reasonable and would likely have been three times the cost if priced separately.
I normally wouldn't give anybody a 10 except I have seen some other repaired chimneys and asked about their cost. Some repairs by others may be structurally better after the reapir but they look worse then before.
Oldy knows Chimney Rebuilding. He is efficient at it, so you get great results at a good price.
I am happy I now have a chimney to be proud of again.

Brian G from Ottawa
Brian G from Ottawa

Chimney Rebuild

Oldy just finished rebuilding my chimney from the roofline up. To my eye, his work is flawless. After getting several quotes and spending a considerable amount of time researching the process, his craftmanship is far superior in comparison to what other companies offer, particularly his single pour concrete cap. Ask any other company how they do this part of the job. No one takes the time and effort to do it this way. This kind of work is never cheap, but Oldy's price was more than competitive. Only time will tell, of course, but the chimney now looks great.

Vince Mastrogiacomo from Ottawa
Vince Mastrogiacomo from Ottawa

Chimney, foundation repairs,bricklaying work

I have hired Oldie on a number of occasions over the past 7 years to do Brickwork, foundation repairs and Chimney repairs for myself and other family members . I have also hired Oldie to do foundation work bricklaying work for my clients as a sub contractor. Oldie is a owner in the store operator, he works on every job he does, he has very high work standards and is very skilled in all types of brick and concrete work. He shows up on time completes the work as agreed and always leaves
the site clean. He does beautiful chimney work as well as foundation repairs and parging.

F. P
F. P
1 review Ottawa, ON

Parging the garage (inside and outside)

Excellent job, completed on time at a reasonable price although I kept asking for some additional works while the project was in progress (removing a door, replacing the frame of a widow, etc.). Nurste (Oldy) also helped us to select another contractor for a related work he cannot do himself. We have already re-hired Nurset for some brickwork in spring.