Old World Craftsmanship

Old World Craftsmanship

Reviews for Old World Craftsmanship

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Chimney Repair

Oldie exceeded all my expectations. He completed the job early and on budget. He also did more than what we had agreed to at no extra cost. How often does that happen? I have already recommended him to my neighbours.

Andre
Andre

Brick Chimney Rebuild

My brick chimney, which was built in the early 1980s had started to visibly disintegrate near the top (the last five rows). It was a challenge to fix because the roof is extremely steep and very high. This required a lot of scaffolding to reach the top of the chimney.

Nusret and his crew did an excellent job. The new bricks matched perfectly with the existing bricks. A thick concrete form was poured on top of the chimney (much better than a metal top) and metal cages were installed to keep critters out.

The crew did an excellent job cleaning up afterwards. I could not be any happier with the service I received.

Thank you for your time to write review Mr Andre and my pleasure to do work for you.

Sheila in Ottawa
Sheila in Ottawa
8 reviews Ottawa, ON

Replacement of brick with stone, chimney repair

Nusret and his crew did stone & masonry work on our house in preparation for restuccoing of the exterior. Old brick facing on the front of the house was removed, damaged cement repaired, new Permacon stone installed and top of chimney repaired/rebuilt. All work was done in the promised timeframe (so that it would be ready for the stucco installation) and all workmanship was excellent. Both the stone facing and the chimney look great & we're looking forward to seeing how it looks together with the new stucco. Nusret was friendly and responded to all of our questions quickly. The masonry crew was also friendly and efficient, kept the worksite very clean and completed the work within the promised time (even though they had some very hot days to work through). I am impressed with the quality of the job that they did and would recommend their work without reservation.

Thank you Sheila to hire me again I am looking forward to do again good work on retaining wall

Elwood in Ottawa
Elwood in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Chimney Removal

It's now been almost a year since Oldy took down our Chimney, patched the wall and rubble foundation on our 1900's row house. Superb work and craftsmanship that lasts, right down to matching the mortar.

Going back for repointing work next.

Thank you. It is my pleasure. Thank you for believing in me and trusting me with your property. Grateful Nusret Oldy.
It was pleasure working for you

Mark Willetts in Kitchener
Mark Willetts in Kitchener
1 review Ottawa, ON

Chimney Repair

Nusret fixed our brick chimney at a reasonable price. He takes pride in his work and was unfailingly pleasant. He organized the work to reduce the impact on my neighbour, as he needed access to the side of the house. The repaired chimney looks good, and Nusret was able to describe in detail how the chimney would now last for a very long time. I believe him! He is courteous, kind, and has a good sense of humour. I will be calling him in the future for other repair work. Thank you, Nusret!

Mary from Ottawa
Mary from Ottawa

Chimney repair

Nusret has done a number of projects for us, most recently rebuilding our chimney. His craftsmanship is always excellent, he provides good advice on the work required and completes the work in a timely fashion. Nusret is always pleasant to deal with and we would recommend him highly.

Chris from Ottawa
Chris from Ottawa

Chimney Repair

"Oldy" Nusret was very responsive when I was seeking estimates. His passion for his work is evident, and he seems intent on doing a good job. His price wasn't the lowest of the estimates I got, but it was a great price considering the work he did. He also did some extra repointing at no charge.

Tom from Ottawa
Tom from Ottawa

Chimney Repair

I hired "Oldy" Nusret to repair my chimney after seeing several other projects that Oldy and his team had worked on in the area. Oldy is clearly very passionate about his work, and I'm delighted with the job he did. He found bricks matching the existing ones to help with the rebuild, and even fixed up a small area of my back wall that was not part of the job. His repair cost precisely what he said it would (no surprises) and the chimney looks great. Several of my neighbors have hired Oldy for their masonry work in the past, and we have all been very pleased with the high standard of work he delivers. I'm therefore happy to recommend Old World Craftsmanship to anyone.

Tony Walker from Ottawa
Tony Walker from Ottawa

Chimney Repair

Oldy repaired two chimneys for us. He obviously takes great pride in his work and did an excellent job. We were very satisfied with the result. His method of constructing the chimney cap is designed to shed water and prevent it running down the bricks and causing damage and flaking, which was the reason our current chimneys needed repair. He kept the work site very clean and tidy, and did the work on time. Highly recommended.

Jon from Nepean
Jon from Nepean

Chimney Rebuid

This is the second chimney I have had rebuilt. We had the chimney rebuilt at our previous house in 2004 by a gentlemen who was semi retired. I still live close by that house and often see that chimney and it still looks great. I would have loved to hire him again for the chimney of our current house but he seems to be fully retired now. I read about Oldy here and found out he use to work for that now retired gentleman. We also got quotes from many other masons. Oldy's quote was not the cheapest but very competitive. Some quotes were close to twice the price.
Oldy provided the same great quality rebuild as his old boss. The concrete cap looks great and requires no maintenance. The brick match was good and extra effort was taken to make the mortar look the same from new to old.
We added a concrete window sill to the scope of work. The price for that was very reasonable and would likely have been three times the cost if priced separately.
I normally wouldn't give anybody a 10 except I have seen some other repaired chimneys and asked about their cost. Some repairs by others may be structurally better after the reapir but they look worse then before.
Oldy knows Chimney Rebuilding. He is efficient at it, so you get great results at a good price.
I am happy I now have a chimney to be proud of again.

Looking for Chimney Build & Repair pros in Ottawa?