Bast Home Comfort

Gas Fireplace in Cambridge
Gas Fireplace in Cambridge
1 review Cambridge, ON

Valor Gas Fireplace Insert

We were in the process of replacing our wood burning fireplace with a natural gas insert. After going to a few suppliers, we selected Bast Home Comfort, and are pleased with our decision. From start to finish it was a good experience. Brent, the sales associate was very informative and so personable, as we went through the process of trying to determine which insert would best suit our needs. The installation was done so quickly after we decided to proceed with the purchase. The team was very professional, friendly and clean! They even wiped finger prints off the fireplace screen when finished. We are so pleased with the product and service we received from Bast. Thank you, Mary & Dave

weinshel in Kitchener
weinshel in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Excellent Product, Outstanding Service!

I highly recommend Bast Home Comfort for your heating and air con needs. We bought the top of the line heating and air conditioning unit from Bast Home Comfort in August of last year. Then late in the season we realized we were having problems with the air con. I spoke to Matthew Bast, one of the owners, on more than one occasion. He did everything he could to resolve the problem before winter. Then first thing in the spring, he personally called us and arranged for a new unit at no cost to us. Our air con and furnace work beautifully now. You can get a Lennox furnace from lots of dealers, but to have this personalized, caring and competent attention is priceless. Top marks to Bast!

1 review New Hamburg, ON

Not Sure What Happened to These Guys???

Not really sure what happened to these guys but they used to be my go to company for all my heating and cooling needs. However, as of a year ago now, the service is absolutely terrible. I’ve gone through 3 homes and have always used them for several fireplace units and a/c units. However, my recent home, they installed a defective fireplace which they could not fix and left me hanging out to dry! I ended up contact the Canadian distributor with my complaint about their lack of service and the owner/president of the company personally came out to my house and fix the fireplace for me! Furthermore, during the time period of BAST trying to fix the fireplace, I invested in a new rental property. I enquired with them to quote on a a/c unit for the new property and they wouldn’t even return my email or messages. I certainly will not be dealing with these guys anymore nor will I ever recommend anyone to them. I have been a loyal customer of their’s for years and spent a lot of money with them and had great service. To be treated the way I did after all that time and loyalty was inexcusable. I’ve spent my last dime with them. Again, not really sure what happened to them but seems to be after one of their main sales people had left the company. Coincidence? I suspect so.

1 review Wellesley, ON

Gas fireplace installation.

We had already decided on another company but went to Bast to check them out. Are we glad we did. They completed the installation from start to finish in just a few weeks. This included drafting a rendering, installing the fireplace and completing the facade with mantel. Their work was second to none. They were professional and clearly experts in what they were doing. We did have one issue which was addressed and rectified immediately. Thank you Bast.

Mike in Waterloo
Mike in Waterloo
3 reviews Waterloo, ON

Freestanding natural gas fireplace

As part of a major basement renovation, we wanted a free standing natural gas fireplace installed. Bast Home Comfort supplied the Valor Madrona gas fireplace. While checking out the job, the estimator smelled a minor natural gas leak in our existing gas piping, found the source of the leak, and repaired it. They did this at no extra cost to the original estimate for the stove installation. The installation was done on time, looks good and has worked well. We might have saved a little by buying the stove at a box store, but wouldn't have received this quality of service!

2 reviews Waterloo, ON

furance, a/c

Our salesman, Shawn MacDonald, was incredible. He was friendly and personable. He took us step by step through the history of furnace and a/c units. He was very knowledgeable.

On site work was done to our full satisfaction. Worker took care with our flooring by laying down tarps.

2 reviews Waterloo, ON

A/C and furance

Great service all round. Sale person in the shop answered all my questions and then some. I had shopped around at about 5 different stores and choose Bast because of the salesman. I can't remember his name. He use to work in installations and now has moved onto sales.