Peel Comfort Systems

Mississauga ON L5N6A2
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Mississauga  >  Peel Comfort Systems

Review for Peel Comfort Systems

GEORGE Eroler from Oakville
GEORGE Eroler from Oakville

Furnace repair

I am the latest victim of this company. My furnace acted up on December 9th . In the morning noticed that the fun was working intermittently without heat. My daughter was sick and I needed a quick solution. I phoned the companies that I know without success since everybody was busy. I went on internet and reached John who is a repair man for Peel Comfort Systems- Meadowvale RPO, Mississauga, Ont. He came my house same day at 4 pm, looked at the furnace and right away he said my furnace motor was not working needs to be replaced, and the cost is around $800 plus labor. I was shocked, because it still runs perfectly no smell or any other visual problem, and asked if there were any other ways to fix it, he said let me try something, he went his car and brought a small piece of box which I learned that it was a capacitor, then he replaced it with the one on the furnace, then the furnace started working. He said this was an interim solution and insisted that the motor needs to be replaced. On the phone he had told me his service charge was $85 and parts extra. I asked him how much the cost, he said $85 service call, plus 195 the part and one hour labor $ 60 including tax $384.20. I couldn't believe my ears, I said this is outrages it took almost 15 minutes to fix everything and I checked the part in internet the most expensive one was $25 ( hard starting 3 MF capacitor) , it was a small capacitor. He almost tried every thing to convince me that I needed to replace the motor and he would use this amount against that. I did not have any choice except accepting the offer reluctantly. Next day I called couple other furnace repair people they all agreed that I was ripped off and no need anything to do on the motor and the charges were enormous. I called John and told him what the other people thinks and demanded him to reduce the charges, he said his companies rates were like these , but he would talked to his boss and come back to me. Since then my furnace motor is working perfectly. John never called me after talking his boss. Then I searched about this company and their services noticed that I was not the only one they treated, there were many complaints including 5 filed complaints to Better Business Bureau.I don’t recommend this company at all and actually they have to be stopped from running this business as soon as possible.