BasementBro

Basement Renovation

Reviews for BasementBro

Natali  in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Our family hired BasementBro last summer. The remodelled our basement and installed new kitchen upstairs. Great work, everything done in under 6 weeks. Last week we called them to update our bathrooms and they are starting on March 01. Good contractor reasonably priced.

We are happy that you are enjoying your basement and we got it done as promised under 6 weeks!

Bryce Hall from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Had our basement finished by these guys in 2015. Was told the work would be completed in 5 weeks but ended up taking over 15 weeks. Was constantly told dates things would be completed and time after time they were not. When dealing with them they were very rude and at times swore at us. Once they finally finished we asked for 5 days (M-Fr a
s we work during the week) to go through everything to make sure we had all the paperwork. They threatened to put a lean on our house if we did not pay right away. I STRONGLY advise not using them as I believe they book to many projects for the staff they have!

Company Response: The price quoted was never haggled down it was the one originally presented and agreed upon. It was not a full basement reno as part is still unfinished. No alterations were made to the renovation. We only asked them level the floor which was very slanted and stain the stairs the actual colour we agreed upon. If you go with this company be ready for many personal attacks like in their response and not a truthful thing to come out of their mouths.

Bryce's basement was started in Dec 2014, 2 years ago. Client bargained BasementBro down to $22,655 for completion of the entire basement including the materials according to our contract. The project ran into numerous issues because the homeowner kept changing requirements for the finishes. Hence, basement timeline was extended and ended up costing the company money. Lesson learned: don't deal with cheapskates!

libra8ca in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

We are very happy with the service BasementBro provided. They were very professional and helpful. The price was competitive too, better than the quotes from two other companies - one of them was ridiculously expensive and with the other one we had issues with their process. We are glad we found BasementBro after that. Our basement now is beautiful and we would use BasementBro again and can recommend them.

Ravindra Gulati from Mississauga

We hired Basement bro to:
Continue to renovate our Parent’s house; for our upstairs we wanted pod lighting and painting, and we wanted to finish our basement, so my wife and I could move into it.
We requested the top floor to be completed within the first two weeks-this was done on time.
After the complication of the upstairs, we anxiously awaited for basement. The basement project stalled. Basement Bro replaced the original project Manager.
The second manager, Alex, was amazing!
Things they could improve on
-Additional shelving in kitchen please
- As project managers changed, the process, at times, was rocky
-As project managers changed the project was delayed by weeks
-Basement Bro request 50% up front-as for delays this caused concerns. The person holding the money has control.

Good stuff
-We fit two bathrooms in our small basement with tile bathtub and shower. –These guys tiled the roof of the shower and bath tub, looks great
-All Alex’s workers were great, especially the tapers and electrical-(These guys are good!)
-Alex agreed to hang our Lowe’s shelving-this helped a lot –thanks
-Alex was upbeat and communicated and responded
-Elina (head Manager) sent over free Duct Cleaning-thanks
-Overall, Basement Bro has a good sense of Design; this sense of design matched my sense of design. Alex and I created a wonderful basement in a small space. Friends and family compliment this basement. “It does not feel like a basement.” Coincidently a friend completed his basement during the same time period. His final design pales in comparison

Summary

Our next renovation is about 18 month away, and yes I would hire Alex and Basement Bro again. I would ask for an industry standard payment schedule. And I would request Alex as our project manager. Despite problems, good companies resolve issues and in the end the basement is excellent. Thanks Basement Bro!
Side note

Ravindra, thank you for your review. I feel like we bonded over this renovation project, I miss your lengthy emails and I am glad that at the end of our bumpy ride - you got a beautiful basement!

Taye from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

BasementBro best company to work with. Punctuality, quality of the work is the best . We are very glad that the company assigned Norm to finish our basement very professional, clean and friendly person. We would like to thank Elena, Steve And Norm for the wonderful job. Keep it up wish you guy all the best.

Thank you so much for kind words! It means a lot to us when clients are happy!

Fiona Coughlin from Tottenham
1 review , ON

Let me start by saying my basement is perfect. It is warm dry and beautiful. I will give you a full and honest review about my experience so you can make your decision:

Basement Bro finished my basement and put in a powder room and a small laundry. They handled everything and purchased everything. I did nothing but tell them what I liked and sent a few pictures.

The project took longer than they quoted but I had been told to expect that. They promised a month and I think it took about 6 weeks. I still had it done before Christmas so I was very happy.

The first guy I met was more of a designer/ sales guy. He gave me the quote and then after that we only communicated by email. The rest of the time I met and communicated with contractors. The contractors were very nice and helpful. I had one issue where there was debate about moving a pipe and I went back to the company and they went back to the contractors and got it done. I would say that is the benefit of basement bro. I didn't feel like I had to know how to negotiate with contractors I had the company handle that.

Basement Bros quote was a bit higher than some of the independent guys but it included everything I wanted and they stuck to it. Not one penny over.

I feel the basement I got was of very high quality. I think if you don't have experience with contractors and renovations and don't want to worry about the details they are a great company to hire. If you are a handy type person with more experience you could probably find someone to do things cheeper but you would have to manage the project yourself.

Hi Fiona! Thank you for your honest review, we are very happy that you will enjoy your basement for years to come! Tell all your friends about us, we appreciate all referrals! Thank you and it was a pleasure doing business with you!

Kimberly from Niagara Falls
1 review Niagara Falls, ON

They are awesome service provider. I contacted them for free estimate and they are incredibly cheap then other providers in market. Very fast and unique. I'd recommend Basement Bro to anyone looking for fast remodeling. Good Luck!! Keep up the good job!!

Our priority is top quality at competitive prices! I am glad that we saved you money on your renovation.

Victoria from Toronto

I recently hired Basementbro To remodel my basement in Toronto, it went very smooth and I love my basement. I wish we had done it sooner.
I will recommend them to everyone!

Thank you!

Thank you Vicky and Abel! We appreciate all referrals!

More about BasementBro

Basement Finishing, Renovation and Financing At Basement Bro, we see an unfinished basement as unfinished business. Enter our team — certified home building professionals who specialize in remodeling and repairing commercial and residential basements of all sizes, styles and configurations. Let us take care of your renovation or construction. If ...